RS3 Insurance

g5und

Reaction score
So I'm going through the renewal process at the moment as I added the RS3 onto my previous policy last month which expires at the end of this month. I've looked at all the usual places/comparison sites and I'm shocked at the prices... Cheapest I've found is £450! Bargain! I was paying £650/£700 on my previous car (an S3) so i'm baffled as to why the RS3 is considerably less. Has anyone else seen this?

HSP is in the same boat, he pays less for his RS3 than i do for my Golf GT TDi. baffled. aparently its because its a new car and there are no stats on it as there are not that many about.

same here... my old s3 was £800 and the rs3 on order... lowest quote so far is £450!

I just renewed as well £450 parked on the street in London - that has come down from £700 for last car (clapped out Golf v6 4mo). As you say - reckon its the lack of data that it hasn't been correctly risk priced yet.

Given there has been a couple of write-offs so far hopefully there won't be a big bounce this time next year!

Thanks for the responses. Lack of data sounds like the most obvious reason - let's hope there's still a lack of data this time next year to keep the premiums down :)

limited RS models tend to go to enthusaists who look after them

RS4 B5
2001 507
2002 527
2005 508

Same here, very reasonable compared to similar price/performance cars.

Just got renewal in, £278, so not going to complain at that

Hi all
My insurance is up soon and best price is £400. But willonly pay market value if total loss
Goes up to £550 for, new for old replacement car policy.
What company are you all with????
Thanks RSjack

Hi all
My insurance is up soon and best price is £400. But willonly pay market value if total loss
Goes up to £550 for, new for old replacement car policy.
What company are you all with????
Thanks RSjack

I would recommend gap insurance, I have 25k return to invoice cover for 4 years from ala, about £60 a year

sainsburys,£350, fully comp and insured for the amount i payed ,

Direct Line gave me a cheaper quote when I changed from my 1.8L TT to my RS3 in January, 6 months ago. Ok, it was end Jan, but all my other quotes were in the £1,000 range where the RS3 with DL was about £450 I think. I was 35, had nil points, 10 yrs no claims, on business insurance, parking in garage at home and car not modified. Also, I left off break down as already member of RAC despite Audi gives free break down cover & I think I just paid for legal cover, not 100% sure if I did as I have slept a bit since.

Also got GAP when I got the car, same as when I got my TT. Now some people don't think much to this, but due to paying £40k for it, I think it is worth getting it.

Hmm with insurance savings like these because the car is new/un-measured ... those savings would offset depriciation and outlay ... that's what im trying to tell myself ... i'm actually saving money if I bought one!

... then back to earth, where dodgy accounting doesn't work in the household.