RS3 Interior

P_G

Reaction score
As my performance modifying of the '3 is curtailed by my now useless insurers I am turning my attentions to a few interior tweaks but in two minds on what to do.

I have the alu trim in the car which is the door card inlays and the s-tronic surround however as much as it compliments the alu on the door handles and air vents, it is a bit bland and cheap looking. I would also like to do something with the front seat backs as well and the plastic panel on them so my thoughts are do I change the door inlays, s-tronic surround and seat panels to glossed carbon fibre at risk of making the cabin look even darker or my preferred thought at this time is to perhaps have them all done in Suzuka Grey? I had thought about certain bits done in cf and paint but then that introduces 3 materials and may look fussy

May also look at having the two triangular section either side of the transmission tunnel next to the centre console 'tweaked' as well either in pure cf or retrimmed in black leather with contracts sticthcing similar to that on the seats. May also see about what can be done with the air vent surrounds.

Opinions welcomed.

The 'triangle' bits is a good option to have, I think it looks great an something i'm planning in the future.

I'd say keep it all the same, go for all carbon or all coloured.

Personally i like the idea of carbon skinning the existing trim. Mines Piano black and it doesn't make it too dark, Altho i really want nice carbon!

Theres the option to vinyl wrap the interior bits, won't cost a bomb and easy to reverse if you dont like! Not in that horrid fake carbon stuff though, I was talking about Suzuka colour

I can't find a wrap of Suzuka Grey and TBH I would want to have them painted and lacquered like the OEM exclusive ones anyway Same with carbon fibre, I'd have original pieces made. I'm just worried cf would make the dark interior even darker and to have some of the car colour inside may work like on the RS4 white edition. Just in two minds.

Sorry for the really $h*t pictures.. I was in a rush, and I'll get some better ones.. But the extended leather option (door armrests and triangles by gear stick) really does lift the interior.. I can't believe how bland it looks without it when I saw a "standard" rs3 :ninja:

690BEFF3-7A3D-476E-897B-F86F74BEED2C-427-000000A27E650974.jpg

F70EB867-5ACE-4CCF-BE51-6F2A233AB2EE-427-000000A25D1E1880.jpg

Just personal opinion, but I prefer the alu race inlays to the black gloss - the gloss gets swirled and scratched to bits really easily.. The aluminium lifts the interior from being so dark, and ties in the silver vents and bits on the glovebox, shifter, aircon switches, and wheel, which would look a bit lost otherwise..?

Thats looks lovely and the buckets ;)

Reactions: quattro81
Matched interior and exterior colour works for me, the red (or as robbie say vulva pink :laugh:) elements lift the cabin well and get lots of comments from passengers. I'm sure suzuka grey touches would do the same and it makes your car that little bit different to I'd say do it.

Reactions: finchy256 and robbiemac
Sorry for the really $h*t pictures.. I was in a rush, and I'll get some better ones.. But the extended leather option (door armrests and triangles by gear stick) really does lift the interior.. I can't believe how bland it looks without it when I saw a "standard" rs3 :ninja:

690BEFF3-7A3D-476E-897B-F86F74BEED2C-427-000000A27E650974.jpg

F70EB867-5ACE-4CCF-BE51-6F2A233AB2EE-427-000000A25D1E1880.jpg

Just personal opinion, but I prefer the alu race inlays to the black gloss - the gloss gets swirled and scratched to bits really easily.. The aluminium lifts the interior from being so dark, and ties in the silver vents and bits on the glovebox, shifter, aircon switches, and wheel, which would look a bit lost otherwise..?

Like the trim but are those boiled sweets and do you have a tartan rug stashed somewhere?!

Just kidding and we need to meet sometime as discussed, if you still have the surrounds - PM me a convenient date for you...

Reactions: CHEZ and quattro81
After some deliberation and discussing with a local fabricator I'm going Suzuka Grey on the seat back cards, s-tronic surround and door card inlays. The seat backs rather than trying to paint the OEM panels will have carbon fibre covers made for them, primered and then painted / lacquered and bonded on to give them strength so the template will work for anyone else who does not have bucket seats and wants either body colour covers or even pure carbon fibre ones.

Now all I have to do is source a spare set of door card inlays, preferably piano black. Audi / TPS want £50 each new! Also speaking to my interior trimmer today about some changes which will compliment the above.

Like the trim but are those boiled sweets and do you have a tartan rug stashed somewhere?!

Just kidding and we need to meet sometime as discussed, if you still have the surrounds - PM me a convenient date for you...
yep those are boiled sweets lol.. No tartan rug yet though, mate :laugh: and yeah we should really sort those surrounds out soon.....

quattro81,

My car doesn't have the extended leather. If I were to retrofit this, how much would that be? I have standard seats with the alu inlays so I would just replicate the standard stitching.

Cheers