RS3 latest discounts

Spin140

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered what the latest purchasers are achieving discount wise, I know initially folks were not getting much but with a fair unreg cars around at Dealers it seems time for the 'no discount' strategy to be changed?
My car due 1st but initial conversations have resulted in the usual dealer tactic of them offering a weak px. I don't expect anyone to name any dealers as you need to protect your future deals and dealership relationship but a few honest replies would be much appreciated

They tried to screw me on my px so I just sold privately. Why do they do it though as I'll just go elsewhere next time!

TX.

Big, Big discount here.............. softened the blow after the 8P woes i experienced.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
I managed a 7% discount when I ordered back in June last year. At the time that sort of discount was basically unheard of if I remember correctly

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Well the new car is at Grimsby and ready for March 1st. Discount offered was acceptable but px not particularly strong. Heart ruled head this time around and I've gone for it even though payments are £135 more than I anticipated. Never mind gym membership cancelled and excitement has begun

Reactions: Terminator x, DAYTONA 500, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I'm currently looking, nobody seems to be saying what % they are achieving on here! I'm at about 4% discount with current negotiations, is it reasonable to expect more? My car is £46k list. Am still toying between this and the A45 (can get 12% off that), got test drives lined up so will see what I actually prefer.

getting 12% off an A45 just indicates the lack desirability in comparison to an RS3. Personally I dislike the A45 lots.

Reactions: Terminator x
Understand what you are saying, supply and demand etc however with them being so tightly matched on paper I am keen to atleast drive both and make an informed decision. Problem is there are too many extras for the RS3 which really bump the price without adding to the GFV so makes them expensive on PCP. I need to see if I can be happy with only certain extras to keep the cost comparable.

I understand the GFV. Doesn't that only apply if you hand the car back.
Whilst some 'extras' add nothing to the value others do, such as B&O, sunroof etc. You will never get all your money back but choose options carefully and you will get some return. GFV is a bit of a red herring and I would always look at other options.

I was told 100% that options add zero to the GFV, as someone that has sold cars and pcp in the past I can say that it does effect the payments, effectively you pay the difference between the total price of car i.e 46k and the GFV i.e 22k after 4 years (so you pay capital on the 24k plus the interest on the full 46K, the more gfv you get the smaller the monthly payments. with BMW when you add accessories they add to the GFV slightly, this means roughly every £1000 you add is £20 pm on a 48 month pcp, with audi its is £25/27 as the GFV is uneffected

I'm picking up a demo RS3 tonight from my dealer, will report back later how I find it. I'm coming from a fairly new mini jcw and previous to that I had two m135's (one auto one manual). Fancy a change from the bmw brand and the RS3/A45 are the only things that really interest me

Reactions: Kugaman1 and FBF01
Options add zero to GFV.. maybe BUT options do add value when you sell. So... If you buy the car at end for GFV and then px towards a new car PCP or cash you are likely to get a greater return. Base RS3 is worth GSV on PX ... Well specified one is probably at least £2-3k more.

Agree with what you said above, problem is that I am a prolific car changer and have not kept one car more than 14 months in the last 7 years (had 9 cars). I'm really hoping the RS3 may make me want to keep the car although I cant really keep past 3 years due to doing 18k mileage pa

9 cars in 7 years - the depreciation loss must be huge surely ?

Same here 10 cars in 9 years all on PCP with minimal loss. The main criteria is large discount sensible spec on desire able cars.
Kiss goodbye to all payments and just view as rental cost . Current car bought July with tiny deposit (£1,000) and traded with any negative offset against new car. I love PCP as I get to drive cars beyond my budget and keep disposable/savings for family holidays etc.
There are deals to be had on the RS3 but nothing to write home about, this car will be the biggest risk I have taken in recent years as very reliant on strong residuals when I px in 6/9 months but it has me hooked

£1k deposit ... The monthly payments must be massive lol !

Usually around £425 per month but taken a hike for the RS3, only take a PCP for 5K per annum as I never end the agreement, I used to put around £10-£12K deposit in until one of the business managers told me it was not the best way to do it, took a bit of persuading das I, like most, wanted low monthly payments but I now use the money to fund other activities and to keep a 'rainy day fund' which has proved useful on a couple of occasions. When I say £1000 that's what I physically put in but usually some equity also involved unless residuals take a battering. The other thing you can do is delay first payment for plus 6 weeks which in effect gives you the first month free therefore refunding half of the cash deposit
Giving away all my tips here :)

It won't work for everyone I guess but it works for me and enables me to use some of the deposit funds I would have used to lower PCM to buy other toys outright, hence why I have a couple of extra cars, my favourite being a mk1 TT 225, unmolested and worth about £5k but makes me smile everytime I drive it, old skool lag but fab interior :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
A45 and RS3 not competitors in my book. Civic yes. Golf R yes. Focus yes. RS3 no.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
So, anyone willng to post percentage discount on recent purchases? Im keen on an RS3 but would like to have an idea of the deal I might be able to get!

I think the issue is that unless you have no PX it's hard to pin it down.

Several members have mentioned 5 - 7% and this seems to be the average. When I ordered I paid no deposit and didn't sign any paperwork as the agreement was that I would only take the car if the deal was strong, dealership were happy as they need a name against the order and know they can sell a sensible spec all day long.
When we got the eta my current car was 'suddenly' in negative equity therefore part of my discount was needed to satisfy this, the dealer claims they have allowed me 10% but looking at actual values for my current car they have actually netted out at 7%.

So in summary I guess if you get 5-7% net this can be classed as a good deal, I know that despite various tactics I couldn't get anymore and I usually do pretty well.

Good luck !

I agree spin.. I got 6% and a detail allegedly worth £350.. I am told typical discounts are £500-£1000. They also sold my S3 so I suppose a decent deal but not as good as I would have liked, my negotiating skills must be failing !

Reactions: CraigI
I'm not bothered what the press think either, I've yet to see a good review on either the RS or the S3 yet plenty of satisfied owners on here, journalists always get hung up on RRP which when you consider majority are on PCP is not relevant, be interested to see at the end of each review a PCP payment based on 10k per year x 48 months. I don't imagine cars like the R, Type R and Focus RS would fair so well in the GFV stakes which has the biggest impact on our monthly payments.

In this weeks Autoexpress (The sun of motoring mags) they compare the Focus RS, Golf R and RS3 with the latter getting 3rd place and a lowly 3 stars.

Journalists always dislike our Audi's, fact.

Bothered ? Not at all :)

A45 looks shizer, interior is claustrophobic and plastics are very nasty ... But the sound of the thing is even worse !

RS3 blows the A45 out the water IMO.

This video highlights just how bad / weird / artificial / bag of bolts the Merc sounds, in comparison to the epic sounding RS3.

RS3 is a league above the A45 on many levels. I would seriously be embarrassed driving the Merc based on how it sounds alone ....

Reactions: markwiggy
I too really do not like the A45, although German it never looks like a quality product to me so never been in the running for me. I think even the leather is fake.

What's this with PCP Spin. I usually pay cash and still wouldn't consider m/any other cars except Audi. PCP rates are good yes but that equally applies to those who finance our own cars.

Ive had a few quotes back from Carwow...just 1 or 2 %.

Aberdeen Audi have 4 Sepangs on their "in stock" ready to go list......might have a chat with them when Im through on Sunday.

Problem is, doesnt let me spec to my choice....but on the flip side, they might be willing to deal!

Aberdeen may be a good place to try to deal. Oil business is slow and I suspect a few cancelled orders with less demand. Will be interested to see how you get on... Be quick though only 11 days to go!

3 stars is amusing as it's the best car I've ever owned. DC2 tick. DC5 tick. Spec C impreza tick. 306 gti6 tick. I won't drone on ;)

TX.

Ive had a few quotes back from Carwow...just 1 or 2 %.

Aberdeen Audi have 4 Sepangs on their "in stock" ready to go list......might have a chat with them when Im through on Sunday.

Problem is, doesnt let me spec to my choice....but on the flip side, they might be willing to deal!
Let me know how you get on in Aberdeen mate. I was looking myself Cheers

Let me know how you get on in Aberdeen mate. I was looking myself Cheers
Just ordered a Sepang to my own spec from Aberdeen. Given a week 16 build date. They didn't mention having any available when I made enquiry last weekend so perhaps they are all gone. I traded my 2 year old S3 and got £1500 or so above top part ex for it. If you take that as the potential discount then that works in around 3.5%. Found them very easy to deal with. A few e mails back and forward and the deal was done. Unlike Glasgow who always make me feel like a piece of dirt on their shoes!

Interesting Black Rat. I think we need to check what 'top px' really is. I sold my high spec 14 plate S3 in October. Pan roof B&O etc.. Dealer sold for £31k, offered me £27 px, WBAC £21k.. I prefer to seperate selling and buying as it just clouds the issue. Two transactions gives clarity to what the deal really is!

Interesting Black Rat. I think we need to check what 'top px' really is. I sold my high spec 14 plate S3 in October. Pan roof B&O etc.. Dealer sold for £31k, offered me £27 px, WBAC £21k.. I prefer to seperate selling and buying as it just clouds the issue. Two transactions gives clarity to what the deal really is!
Agree with you there. Cap part ex was around £21k. Audi web site was £23k. Garage gave me around £24500. Someone will probably log on and say I was ripped off but I was happy with that. Probably would have cut costs by selling privately and I have done that before but I liked the ease of the part ex route. I don't mind them making a few quid out of me so long as its not excessive.

Hi mat
Well the new car is at Grimsby and ready for March 1st. Discount offered was acceptable but px not particularly strong. Heart ruled head this time around and I've gone for it even though payments are £135 more than I anticipated. Never mind gym membership cancelled and excitement has begun
Hi mate,

What discount did you get if you don't mind me asking. PM me if you want.
Cheers,

Rad

OK,

So, a further update on available discounts.....

Certainly not good and putting me off the RS3.... If I cant get a reasonable discount I will keep hold of my S3! Anyway, here are the deals I was offered by carwow on a Sepang RS3 with dynamic pack, interior light pack and Audi sound system.
Retail price £43265.

Liverpool Audi 2.1% discount.
Stoke and Swansea Audi 1.1% discount
Coventry and Beckenham Audi 0 yes, 0% discount!!

If I cant get something in the region of 7-8% Im gonna forget this idea until prices calm down a bit.

The RS3 is a stunning car but an expensive one.....its very annoying that S3s can be had with easily 10% + off list but RS3s aren't moving!

Will still look in past Aberdeen Audi on Sunday to see what they are saying about cars on their stocklist above.

OK,

So, a further update on available discounts.....

Certainly not good and putting me off the RS3.... If I cant get a reasonable discount I will keep hold of my S3! Anyway, here are the deals I was offered by carwow on a Sepang RS3 with dynamic pack, interior light pack and Audi sound system.
Retail price £43265.

Liverpool Audi 2.1% discount.
Stoke and Swansea Audi 1.1% discount
Coventry and Beckenham Audi 0 yes, 0% discount!!

If I cant get something in the region of 7-8% Im gonna forget this idea until prices calm down a bit.

The RS3 is a stunning car but an expensive one.....its very annoying that S3s can be had with easily 10% + off list but RS3s aren't moving!

Will still look in past Aberdeen Audi on Sunday to see what they are saying about cars on their stocklist above.

I can put you in contact with my dealer if you want. They looked after me

Reactions: Kugaman1