RS3...Limbo....wait....or Fully Loaded TTS

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
As the thread title says...l went to Audi today to see my son and talk cars...and see what was available....l had the the opportunity for a cracking Spec RS3....really to most it would be...but it had the standard sound system and normal seats, the rest of the spec was
1.Catalunya Red...
2.Pan roof.
3.BSP
4.Roof Rails
5.Privacy Glass
6.Comfort Package.
7.High Gloss black Alloys.
8.RS3 Design Pack
9.Dynamic Package
10.Advanced Key.
11.Red Brake Calipers
£510 a month
As l said cracking Spec its the only RS3 that's a factory build on its way to Lookers Audi....They are very rare indeed...felt a bit like chucking the Dummy oot the pram...there and then....av never changed since l was a kid lol
l couldnt live with Mice churning oot music....via them bits, they call speakers and love me Lunar....but would have settled for Red Stitched SS seats

Plan B....
Audi are doing some £2000 or more contribution deals on the TTS....It would be fully loaded....
1.Matrix Headlights
2.Comfort & Sound Package
3.20" Alloys
4.Extended Leather Package
5.Folding Mirrors
6.Tech Pack with Connect
7.Rear Camera
8.Parking Sensors front & rear
9.Advanced Key
10.Cruise Control...
Any colour l want.... Will be cheaper than a RS3...

l have seen some exclusive colours on the TTS.....and think they are wasted on the car

Also l could have ordered my own spec RS3 4-6 Months...wait,would it have been a face lift model...nobody knows Doubt it. A3/S3/RS3 limbo as l said

To sum up av got a TTS for they day next Friday l think, to kick the *** out of....hopefully it will be as good as them TTS owners say????

Ps l also had my son do a search for a fully loaded S3 sedan in a Exclusive colour...all where in hatchback form,which is really defeating my purpose

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
As the thread title says...l went to Audi today to see my son and talk cars...and see what was available....l had the the opportunity for a cracking Spec RS3....really to most it would be...but it had the standard sound system and normal seats, the rest of the spec was
1.Catalunya Red...
2.Pan roof.
3.BSP
4.Roof Rails
5.Privacy Glass
6.Comfort Package.
7.High Gloss black Alloys.
8.RS3 Design Pack
9.Dynamic Package
10.Advanced Key.
£510 a month
As l said cracking Spec its the only RS3 that's a factory build on its way to Lookers Audi....They are very rare indeed...felt a bit like chucking the Dummy oot the pram...there and then....av never changed since l was a kid lol
l couldnt live with Mice churning oot music....via them bits, they call speakers and love me Lunar....but would have settled for Red Stitched SS seats

Plan B....
Audi are doing some £2000 or more contribution deals on the TTS....It would be fully loaded....
1.Matrix Headlights
2.Comfort & Sound Package
3.20" Alloys
4.Extended Leather Package
5.Folding Mirrors
6.Tech Pack with Connect
7.Rear Camera
8.Parking Sensors front & rear
9.Advanced Key
10.Cruise Control...
Any colour l want.... Will be cheaper than a RS3...

l have seen some exclusive colours on the TTS.....and think they are wasted on the car

Also l could have ordered my own spec RS3 4-6 Months...wait,would it have been a face lift model...nobody knows Doubt it. A3/S3/RS3 limbo as l said

To sum up av got a TTS for they day next Friday l think, to kick the *** out of....hopefully it will be as good as them TTS owners say????

Ps l also had my son do a search for a fully loaded S3 sedan in a Excluisve colour...all where in hatchbacks,which is really defeating my purpose

Around about same price BMW M2 lot better

Reactions: Jassyo06
Around about same price BMW M2 lot better

Sorry Matt av got Audi Blood in me...av seen one M2 in the metal, looks really nice cough cough...but l don't like BMW interiors to put it mildly

I thought somebody mentioned 5K contribution on the TTs?
With that spec on the RS3 I think somebodies just forgot to tick a box on either stereo upgrade.
Do the M2 in xdrive and would be of interest.

One will be better handling and steering than the other :D

aaaarrh!
I didn't mean to open this can of worms again! lol
I retract in order to keep the peace

If you can do without rear seats, no brainer; TTS is so much more rewarding to drive.

Reactions: veeeight, Pulp84 and Jassyo06
If you can do without rear seats, no brainer; TTS is so much more rewarding to drive.
To be fair Craig you would say an Austin Princess was a better drive than the RS3

Reactions: T-800, DAYTONA 500, froggy and 2 others
To be fair Craig you would say an Austin Princess was a better drive than the RS3

Not true, have never driven an Austin Princess.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Pulp84 and Jassyo06
Difficult one mate and depends what you want & how you drive.

RS3 for me all the way ... it's the engine & sound pal which is the big draw for me.

TTS looks great, drives great, is state of the art but does not have the noise.

I've had a mark 2 TTS and as good as the car was i get more out of straight line performance than I do throwing a car round the twisties ... Blasting the S5 in straight lines always brings a smile to my face and the RS3 will do this on steroids !!!!! and the sound which backs up this speed is just the icing on the cake. Plus you don't even need to be going that fast to appreciate that 2.5 litre engine & performance exhaust ... Every time you strike it up you know you are driving something 'special'.

The TTS is a 4 pot all said & done and as good as the car is (for me) the engine & noise is my biggest factor ... Hence why I'm getting an RS3.

TTS is a superb car ... But for different reasons ... You need to decide what appeals to you most.

Reactions: T-800, pburv, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
I had mk2 TTS too.Loved it to drive but just always felt it had a slightly hairdresser image.Dont like the new TT as much either but each to their own regards looks.Im sure it is a great machine.I regularly see a yellow one and quite like it .If I was looking at TTs then 2 yr old Caymans would be on my radar too.

My thoughts are Audi dealers are at it with this RS3 waiting list....l Know fact.....its Audi's...Fault...they cant build them fast enough....hence they are at HYPED UP prices
Difficult one mate and depends what you want & how you drive.

RS3 for me all the way ... it's the engine & sound pal which is the big draw for me.

TTS looks great, drives great, is state of the art but does not have the noise.

I've had a mark 2 TTS and as good as the car was i get more out of straight line performance than I do throwing a car round the twisties ... Blasting the S5 in straight lines always brings a smile to my face and the RS3 will do this on steroids !!!!! and the sound which backs up this speed is just the icing on the cake. Plus you don't even need to be going that fast to appreciate that 2.5 litre engine & performance exhaust ... Every time you strike it up you know you are driving something 'special'.

The TTS is a 4 pot all said & done and as good as the car is (for me) the engine & noise is my biggest factor ... Hence why I'm getting an RS3.

TTS is a superb car ... But for different reasons ... You need to decide what appeals to you most.

Cheers for that Glen...lol you have even depressed more lol.....and l am like you in total agreement...I WANT ONE NOW...but there are no RS3's to be got in the UK just now....LOL...boohoo

Or plan C, don't spit your drink out when you read it im 100% genuine ,thats an interesting pm I've sent you is it not?.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
My thoughts are Audi dealers are at it with this RS3 waiting list....l Know fact.....its Audi's...Fault...they cant build them fast enough....hence they are at HYPED UP prices

Cheers for that Glen...lol you have even depressed more lol.....and l am like you in total agreement...I WANT ONE NOW...but there are no RS3's to be got in the UK just now....LOL...boohoo

Sorry mate .... depressing you was not my intention :(

Just saying how it is with me ... the fact we are on the same wave length maybe not so good on this occasion, but they are the facts with me straight & simple.

There is a risk once the new car feeling settles down with a TTS, you could feel it's like your S3, but looks different and handles a bit better. There is no getting away from that glorious 5 pot engine sorry !

What you need is a Dealer build allocation which is available to change and build is imminent ... there's gotta be a slot out there somewhere ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and DAYTONA 500
Or plan C :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DAYTONA 500
@jassyo06 got to be TTS, clincher is the standard sound system is s#### in the A/S/RS3

P.s it handles a lot better as well, not that the RS3 is bad having chucked one round a slalom course

If you don't need rear seats I would take the TTS, just be aware that the rear seats are unusable by anyone above 4'9". Something the salesman failed to correctly inform me about until after I had bought one.

Just to put things into context ....

Rs3 with mag ride is no wallowy barge lol :)

These are uk public roads too Guys ... not Silverstone race track with perfectly smooth Tarmac and corners you can take at ultra high speeds !!!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and pburv
The RS3 with magride may not be a wallowy barge in Dynamic mode, but it still lacks the damping finesse required/expected on a 360+ bhp car, if you are wanting to hustle it along on a public road.

As well as the steering accuracy and feel.

In these 2 respects, the TT-S outshines the RS3.

The plus points of the RS3 are the sound of the 5-cyl, and the straight line speed/acceleration.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Kugaman1

Not true, have never driven an Austin Princess.

The Princess had the Hydragas suspension system, which when linked in later cars, actually provided a better ride than the conventional leaf spring suspension of that time!

(when not linked, provided a pitchy and bouncy ride, not unlike certain cars of today ;) )

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
The RS3 with magride may not be a wallowy barge in Dynamic mode, but it still lacks the damping finesse required/expected on a 360+ bhp car, if you are wanting to hustle it along on a public road.

The plus points of the RS3 are the sound of the 5-cyl, and the straight line speed/acceleration.

Whether what you say is right or wrong, I base my comments purely on my own personal experience and what suits ME best ...

I've previously had an RS3 on extended loan for a weekend, driving on roads I drive regular and am familiar with and it suited me a treat. Damping with mag ride was better than both my mark II TTS (on gen 1 mag ride) and my S5 on standard suspension.
In comfort mode it soaks up undulations supremely well and when road conditions allow, in dynamic it corners at speeds more than adequate for my driving style ... but my car will never see a track either !

Also had a TTS for similar length and yeah it does handle really well, but I would never utilise its best attributes that often ... so for me RS3 is great for my personal needs, driving style and roads I drive.

For others - as noted - the TTS may be better suited and be more appropriate for them ... Both are great cars and I like them both, for different reasons :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: PanamaS3, T-800, pburv and 1 other person
Sorry mate .... depressing you was not my intention :(

Just saying how it is with me ... the fact we are on the same wave length maybe not so good on this occasion, but they are the facts with me straight & simple.

There is a risk once the new car feeling settles down with a TTS, you could feel it's like your S3, but looks different and handles a bit better. There is no getting away from that glorious 5 pot engine sorry !

What you need is a Dealer build allocation which is available to change and build is imminent ... there's gotta be a slot out there somewhere ?
None Available through Lookers Audi...right now tried it today

l AM REALLY KIDDING...Myself on to be honest....with the TTS...but its worth a test drive, plus the fact l am a huge fan of red leather and Audi Matrix Headlights....and it will be a whole lot cheaper..lol
Wait and See....l was putting a £7000 deposit on the RS3.......................Audi DO NOT HOLD THERE VALUE...better than a FORD......

If you really are desperate to change, then change to a TT-S right now, especially with the dealer contributions, enjoy it for 18 months, then change into a face lifted (better ;) ) RS3 with more power.

After all, why would anyone not like the "up to" 400 bhp ;)

PS your son isn't working hard enough for you, my dealer has offered me on a £47.5k car (before discount), £7k deposit and £498 monthly, 8k pa, factory order.

Deduct his pocket money!

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, Pulp84 and 1 other person
If you really are desperate to change, then change to a TT-S right now, especially with the dealer contributions, enjoy it for 18 months, then change into a face lifted (better ;) ) RS3 with more power.

After all, why would anyone not like the "up to" 400 bhp ;)

That is very TRUE......mate...the TTS....ticks a lot of boxes bar the Chrome Grill..lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Actual support on TTS at the moment is £2500 from Audi then £2500 from the dealers margin so if you look on the finance calculator they deduct £5k straight off, my dealer would also add an additional £1,500 in other words giving me 10% of their margin plus the £2500 from Audi resulting in a whopping £6500 discount. In the end I still went for the RS but with the intention of going for the TTS after 6 months all in the hope that the RS will hold onto a good chunk of its value making this possible.

The TTs is a great drive and definetly looks and feels special.

I have B&O in my cab but not on the RS3 due next week but I plan to listen to the 5 pot and then move on again, just need to tick the RS box.

Let us know ho you get on with the TTS, bet you love it !

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

V8 I suggest you go on a course that'll teach you how to drive a fast road car fast on the road:superman:,your comments are hilarious ,as i said in a previous thread which you failed to reply to ,your more than welcome come out with us RS3 owners and show us what we are in your opinion doing wrong.:friends:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, T-800, pburv and 1 other person
So myself, and every road tester and reviewer out there, are completely wrong ?

The RS3 engine does not hang out over the front of the axle leading to a greater polar moment?

How many more times need you have this denial?

You are trying to deny basic physics. :D

So myself, and every road tester and reviewer out there, are completely wrong ?

The RS3 engine does not hang out over the front of the axle leading to a greater polar moment?

You are trying to deny basic physics. :D

Im not interested what any road tester or reviewer says they get paid to say what they say ,money talks .All i know is that my RS3 does what i want it to do and it does it well.Now when are you coming out into the real world and have a day out with real RS3 owners :racer:

Reactions: T-800, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Anytime, I'll see you in my A45 :D

If your RS3 does everything you want it to do, than that's all fine and dandy. You've got the right car for you.

However that is a completely different statement to the fact that the RS3 has slower, less incisive steering and is more prone to understeer than many other cars on the market today. Nor has it the best suspension for a car in this performance sector (magride makes it better, but not class leading).

@45bvtc did a very good comprehensive post (in another thread) as to why the steering on the RS3 was slower, less incisive and is more prone to understeer than a 1960's Lotus Elan, but sadly that post seems to have been deleted.

Basic physics and powertrain layout of the RS3 determines why it will always be a more "understeery" car than the TT-S. You cannot deny physics.

Track times don't lie. Golf R beats the RS3 around a track with multiple corners, A45 beats a RS3 around the Sachsenring.
The RS3 is faster than both those cars in a straight line.
Corners, are an issue for the RS3 at speed (you can clearly see this on the AutoBild Sachsenring video).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pulp84
Actual support on TTS at the moment is £2500 from Audi then £2500 from the dealers margin so if you look on the finance calculator they deduct £5k straight off, my dealer would also add an additional £1,500 in other words giving me 10% of their margin plus the £2500 from Audi resulting in a whopping £6500 discount. In the end I still went for the RS but with the intention of going for the TTS after 6 months all in the hope that the RS will hold onto a good chunk of its value making this possible.

The TTs is a great drive and definetly looks and feels special.

I have B&O in my cab but not on the RS3 due next week but I plan to listen to the 5 pot and then move on again, just need to tick the RS box.

Let us know ho you get on with the TTS, bet you love it !

Nice post and very much appreciated ,l will post my opinion on The TTS

Anytime, I'll see you in my A45 :D

If your RS3 does everything you want it to do, than that's all fine and dandy. You've got the right car for you.

However that is a completely different statement to the fact that the RS3 has slower, less incisive steering and is more prone to understeer than many other cars on the market today. Nor has it the best suspension for a car in this performance sector.

@45bvtc did a very good comprehensive post (in another thread) as to why the steering on the RS3 was slower, less incisive and is more prone to understeer than a 1960's Lotus Elan, but sadly that post seems to have been deleted.

Track times don't lie. Golf R beats the RS3 around a track with multiple corners, A45 beats a RS3 around the Sachsenring.
The RS3 is faster than both those cars in a straight line.
Corners, are an issue for the RS3 at speed.

This where the problem lies you don't seem to be listening we do not drive our cars on the track so all this talk about whats faster round a track is irrelevant, we don't drive our cars round a track we drive them on a road so whats faster round a track is irrelevant.:scared2:

Reactions: S3 AD, pburv, T-800 and 2 others
*** V8 ... Just accept some of us like the RS3 ... & we can't all be wrong !

Reactions: S3 AD and pburv
This where the problem lies you don't seem to be listening we do not drive our cars on the track so all this talk about whats faster round a track is irrelevant, we don't drive our cars round a track we drive them on a road so whats faster round a track is irrelevant.:scared2:

That is a red herring.
The track is merely a benchmark, but the salient point is that a track will show up flaws, which are still there on the road, quicker, and in a safe environment.

You keep coming up with excuses, first it was that road testers and reviewers are paid to do biased reports (!) - I offered track times as an impartial referee - but now you claim that it's not relevant (see red herring above).

Very soon, it will be "you're not driving it right" :lmfao:

*** V8 ... Just accept some of us like the RS3 ... & we can't all be wrong !

I have never said that *any* RS3 owner didn't like their RS3's (or that I don't accept that RS3 owners don't like their RS3's) !
I am happy that you like your RS3's - we all have different priorities, if *I* was spending over £40k on a car, mine would be that it would be able to go around corners in the manner I would expect a £40k "performance" car to! :D

Last edited:
The answer to all this is quite simple and is staring straight at you.

The RS3 doesn't handle that well and the interior is just meh.
The TTS handles well and has a stunning interior.

So just do what I do and keep stacking the money in your pocket and wait for the TTRS.
All the pros of the RS3 with all the pros of the TTS.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Pulp84, CraigI and 1 other person
Look what you've started Jassy lol :)

Reactions: pburv, T-800, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Getting a bit bored of the Audi bashing on this Audi forum.
I joined up because you all seemed like a good bunch, but please change the ****** record will you. I couldn't give two poops if your car is better or not - but I don't not expect to read people's negative views on a car I paid £40k for. If I was on a Bmw or Mercedes forum i would expect a bit of Audi bashing but not on here.

Reactions: jimojameso, Spaceman_RS3, pburv and 3 others
Look what you've started Jassy lol :)

Sorry lol not getting involved,for now that is lol
MY PROBLEM was l would not do a lower spec RS3 than my S3...simples at least l have something to look forward to drive next weekend,but also l am thinking further ahead....best bet as my son said was?wait till we get a Rs3 specced out of it's nuts exclusive paint that's priced way out there they will soon discount big time....as most peeps barring us nutters would not buy it lol

Anyway argue away folks lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
@jassyo06 - For me I would go, which I nearly did myself go for the TTS
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/thinking-about-changing-to-a-tts-colour-thoughts.258577/

As for your spec on the TTS, I would lose the 20's as they look a real PITA to keep clean, lose the matrix headlights (have you got money to burn or what! lol), lose the advanced key for the reasons in this thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/advanced-key-easy-theft.224764/

Oh & it would need to be in this colour :D

2016-audi-tt-front-angle-970x647-c.jpg

PS Nothing wrong with the RS3 for me its just I couldn't justify the cost

PPS Best deals on TTS' are on Drive the Deal at the mo. Can your son match / beat them? ;) :D

PPPS Someone mention the Mk3 TT RS :D
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2017-audi-tt-rs-spied-with-6-speed-mt.262524/

Reactions: pburv
Was offered £7.5k on a TTS in my local show room within 10 minutes of talking to the salesman. Thought that was odd as the one they had tech pack, matrix lights, super sports seats, the fancy air con etc in Sepang. Right colour and spec in my eyes.

Ive said a few times that IMO the TTS is one of the sweetest driving cars but the sales guy hinted it hasn't been selling as well as they thought it would hence the deal's.

What was the offer on the RS3? Not a bean. Basically @ £2k over allowance on my S3 and guaranteed equity come delivery time (quoted 4 months). Sure I could do better if I pushed it.

Tough one this. I'd probably go for the TTS because I love the tech and how it drives. As many have said, if noise and straight line speed is what floats your boat it has to be the RS3.....

Reactions: PanamaS3 and veeeight