RS3 LPFP and control module retrofit

grainqey

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't remember reading about anybody that's actually done the pump AND module together other than people describing the features of doing it - loss of the driver door open priming etc...

Has anybody done the module swap as I've seen one come up at a good price but I don't know if you have to add the module plus a feed which is the 16? gauge wire too and splice it into the current loom (I've seen it done without the module if I remember correctly and they ran the thicker wire feed and a thicker ground to supply the pump but seemed to use the regular A3/S3 module)

Thanks in advance
Alex

Thanks for that, I've read it a couple of times already though haha! It seems that he had to add the extra wires which seemed to defeat the point in fitting the TTRS/RS3 controller (will probably just go for the PM3 as it seems more straight forward)

Thanks

This mean your not breaking the A3
What power you aiming for now mate ?

Reactions: grainqey
Well the gearbox hasn't died still (currently) so it'd be rude not to really!

Its away having a map so should come back with 370-380ish but buying garrett GT30 parts now, bought the manifold but just need to get feedback from my mapper about which supporting hardware to use like injectors and exhaust housing A/R (looking at going .73) and running the TTRS lpfp but looks like im getting a torqbyte pm3 unless my tuner says they can just adjust the map to lower the duty cycle from the controller - I'll probably run it at 440ish which seems to be about the BHZ/CDL engines limit without rods but I've got uprated pistons so if I buy the matching rods I can go upto whatever the turbo will put out!

Then based on how S3Alex gets on with his 7 speed swap, go to the 7 speed box so I don't need clutches :D

Alex

Reactions: HHS3, S3Alex and Tezgreig
Happy days mate I've seen some uprated fuel pumps on Facebook company called vag fueling solutions. Quite good for injectors too mate have a look

Reactions: S.
Well, the daft thing is i'll possibly sell it or save up and buy something else to distract me from it haha! I'm going to do a rear disc upgrade to the C7 RS6 rear discs but a non wavy version from the A8 which'll keep me busy for a few days making adapters!

To be honest I've been looking at all the TTRS bits i.e injectors and pump but i'll have a look thanks :)

Reactions: Tezgreig
Don't forget if all goes well mine is made easier with the different ECU.

Reactions: grainqey