Preference for RS3 meet date(s)

• March 17th meet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robbiemac

'S' Button engaged....
Reaction score
fd13b3c53427f5cf9670af9ca837ddf6_zps7560c171.jpg

General location will be North Wales, do not ask or openly post specific details....... think about it, if 10 RS3's turn up you're talking £400K worth!

add you're name to the open list below, if enough confirm then we go ahead. Time, location will be PM'd directly to you

1. robbiemac

over and out.....

just noticed that this was my 300th post......... classic

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and RYes3
You the man :)

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3

Half a million quids worth of RS3 will be immense!

Reactions: robbiemac
1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)

that's £140 grand's worth, less Klauster's 20%.......:beee:

might have to come spectate see how you rs3 boys are rolling!!!!

17th looks tricky for me, right in the middle of some busy events. I've got an early start on the 18th so it will depend what time and where. If I can't make it all I will do my best to join you for some part of the day.

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)
5. MBK (50%)
6. CatnipRS3 (has had a better offer.....)

Sorry chaps but I can't make this, I'll be overseas at the time with work. Shame as I would have enjoyed this. If it gets postponed to April then I could defo. make it, March is wiped out for me.

For me it's more a distance thing (ie 4.5 hours to arrive and as long to come back), that doesn't leave much, even less if there's a sunday roast on the card...

For me it's more a distance thing (ie 4.5 hours to arrive and as long to come back), that doesn't leave much, even less if there's a sunday roast on the card...

+1

sorry guys bit out of the way for me, maybe we do one in the summer abit closer, hopfully on southend sea front lol

North Wales was the consensus due to good roads etc..... I'm not precious, happy to drive south towards Birmingham however the roads are naff.... and at the weekends the traffic will be even 'naffer'......
RS3 meets are likely to be split into
. Scotland
. North England
. Down South
Keep posting suggestions etc..... March 17th North Wales is pretty much nailed on

Can't confirm this far out but interested.

Isle of man would be nice with a stop over ,or somewhere near the coast ;)

Isle of man would be nice with a stop over ,or somewhere near the coast ;)

I agree IOM would be great fun, especially over the mountain. I'm assuming there is still no upper speed limit in the derestricted areas?

I've been a couple of times with car clubs (MX5 and Scooby) and the police even closed a 12 mile, one way section of the mountain for a proper flat out hoon, the MX5's didn't stand a hope of catching Plod's Alfa V6's but we still gave it a good go! Early mornings were just as much fun, no traffic so a quick there and back over the mountain before brekkie. We also did a trackday at Jurby Airfield while we were there to make the most of it. Driving some of the Manx Rally roads was also a lot of fun. It was a car enthusiast friendly place. Best of all there was plenty for the other halves to do too so it was a mini holiday everyone could enjoy. 3-4 days is enough to see it all.

I'm sure you've all seen the Mark Higgins ultimate tank slapper but I still love this and it makes me want a Scooby again (the thought is better than the reality) when I see it! 3:00 to 3:32 shows the best of the IOM mountain road.
Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attempt - YouTube

I'm sure you've all seen the Mark Higgins ultimate tank slapper but I still love this and it makes me want a Scooby again (the thought is better than the reality) when I see it! 3:00 to 3:32 shows the best of the IOM mountain road.
Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attempt - YouTube

I love this, hadn't seen the end commentary before, watching the car from above where he holds it together at the foot of Bray Hill.....awesome skills.

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)
5. MBK (50%)
7. Geek (tbc)
8. Rs3kel (tbc)

Good interest so far, cheers boys...... as I said we'll keep everyone updated and go for 17th March with the option of pushing it back to mid-April if it's preferred
cheers
robbie

June is better for me as have too many weekend commitments between now and then & because of distance I would have to make it a 3x day weekend - Friday Night, come back Sunday Evening or Monday morning and have half day off work.
IOM sounds appealing, as seen on Top Gear, although never been before. Although as with driving up on the Moors here I would never be 100% confident with wandering clouds with legs walking out into the roads, and the odd group of kamikazi walkers.

If his is going to be a weekend thing I would drive down for it.

fd13b3c53427f5cf9670af9ca837ddf6_zps7560c171.jpg

General location will be North Wales, do not ask or openly post specific details....... think about it, if 10 RS3's turn up you're talking £400K worth!

And????? The big Scottish meet we had had 5 TTRS's about 10 S3's and about 60 cars in general. Don't see the point in keeping it Cloak and Dagger.

Reactions: ABYSS
i'm happy to keep things on the low down details wise....

And????? The big Scottish meet we had had 5 TTRS's about 10 S3's and about 60 cars in general. Don't see the point in keeping it Cloak and Dagger.

as a first time out for most RS3's that's how it is....... not interested in 50 odd cars turning up, strictly on the down low.....
bigger Audi-sport.net meets are arranged throughout the year for everyone to attend if their interested.
we're not looking for more than 8-10 RS3's to turn up, have no interest in Stage II S3's getting excited and causing a problem, unwanted attention or worse case scenario 'the dibble'

Jesus its an RS3..........not a rarity like an Ascari A10 or Lotus Carlton. To be truthful the people that I personally know that have an RS3 would be quite happy to share a meet with Stage 2 S3's because they've all had one and we have mixed at several low key events without 'The Dibble' even lifting their faces out of their kebab wrapper. Always thought S3 owners were kinda respectable owners.....being tagged as trouble makers.....well....I shall go and find my Silver spoon and shove it somewhere.

Funny, as you appear to have a history of being antagonistic when someone else says something you don't agree with.....

Last edited:
Reactions: CatnipRS3
Funny, as you appear to have a history of being antagonistic when someone else says soemthing you don't agree with.....

Go P_G: and I've been there, done that, with the Lotus Carlton....

I'll take the RS3 to Wales anytime....

PS: You've never seen a roadtest in a Lotus Carlton in the wet... I wonder why that is/was...

Oh yes, I remember... s*#T!

ONE thing a Lotus Carlton would NEVER! AND I do mean NEVER! EVER! EVER! DO!

RS3 6 Snow

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito and robbiemac
Jesus its an RS3..........not a rarity like an Ascari A10 or Lotus Carlton. To be truthful the people that I personally know that have an RS3 would be quite happy to share a meet with Stage 2 S3's because they've all had one and we have mixed at several low key events without 'The Dibble' even lifting their faces out of their kebab wrapper. Always thought S3 owners were kinda respectable owners.....being tagged as trouble makers.....well....I shall go and find my Silver spoon and shove it somewhere.

thanks for the post.... Kinda emphasises my point. As for tagging anyone as trouble makers that's your quote not mine......
can't be @rsed getting into a tit-for-tat with you on this. It's the general consensus and I'm not really interested in anything other than an RS3 meet. The only reason I've replied is I started this thread, I aim to see the meet through and would prefer it
if you stayed of my land..... now burger orff or I'll fetch the hounds

I'm interested, put me down as a tentative.
As the newbie, it would be cool to meet the rest of you,and to see so many RS3's together in one place is a very interesting thought indeed. Any idea of a plan yet?
PS is it likely to be a testosterone fuelled event or do you bring the missus with you?

I'm interested, put me down as a tentative.
As the newbie, it would be cool to meet the rest of you,and to see so many RS3's together in one place is a very interesting thought indeed. Any idea of a plan yet?
PS is it likely to be a testosterone fuelled event or do you bring the missus with you?

hi mate,

rough details..... Sunday 17th March meeting around midday in North Wales, further details will be PM'd to you.......
I'd bring my missus but she's completely dis-interested in cars etc...... bring the wife or a mate not a problem, only thing you need is you're RS3. If we get more requests for April then we'll move the meet back to the 14th of April.
Will add you to the list and keep you posted
cheers
robbie

Originally Posted by robbiemac
1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)
5. MBK (50%)
7. Geek (tbc)
8. Rs3kel (tbc)
9. Mr_Freeze
and counting.........

Last edited:
Funny, as you appear to have a history of being antagonistic when someone else says something you don't agree with.....

Not at all mate....you learn new things every day especially when in the military. I wasn't trying to pi55 on Robbies bonfire either. I just thought it was a little funny how it was so cloak and dagger as I would of loved to attended and seen afew people I haven't spoken on here but not met along with some I have.

The comment about the Lotus Carlton was purely a hypothetical one so could of been any rare car.....with AWD.

April would be better for me...as you know ;o)

ha ha... you're wish could come true CatnipRS3 as mine's was dropped off yesterday for the brake fix..... I'm now driving an S4 Avant......... Jesus their big, lovely motor mind; just feel like it's me driving my Dad's car:laugh:

If we go April I'll post up the preferred date which would be Sunday 14th April......
cheers
robbie

I definitely can't make 17th March now, lunchtime in NW leaves me no time to get back and prepared for our event on Monday.

14th April is much better for me, I can make that if you decide to push it back.

I can probably do April 14 as well, may have to go overseas around that time though but will try and avoid doing that. Weather will hopefully be warmer then so I can put my summer tyres back on.