RS3 meet Sunday March 17th........

Preference for RS3 meet date(s)

• March 17th meet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
believe me if I only had the time, this is the first and probably last Sunday I'll ever get to myself.......... can't wait
N8 asked me to get plenty of pictures of you're cornflower blue RS3 in particular......... pucker up John

Well the car has come back from Audi....still not fixed, but what the heck...clean tomorrow as it's boggin as the wife would say. Weather looks pants for Sunday over this way. :eiertritt:

believe me if I only had the time, this is the first and probably last Sunday I'll ever get to myself.......... can't wait
N8 asked me to get plenty of pictures of you're cornflower blue RS3 in particular......... pucker up John

BUT he keeps wanting to do my car robbimac, and without offering a pensioner reduction :notme:

If he only knew the number of cars of cleaned/polished...

During the time I'd driven to Manchester and back I'd have done it myself (sorry N8, respect for your work), and have money in the bank for more than a couple of fresh lobsters on the plate...

I DO NOT have a day job, robbimac....:moa:

44-hours and counting... :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CatnipRS3, Mr_Freeze, MBK and 1 other person
I have cleaned the car.... it will not stay clean though.

Roll on tomorrow.... the wife is not looking forward to staying over night now that she knows its haunted!

:D

I have cleaned the car.... it will not stay clean though.

Roll on tomorrow.... the wife is not looking forward to staying over night now that she knows its haunted!

:D

So looking forward to Monday; soapy bucket and a big, soft, wet, sponge...

And then that leather... Ooooh!!!

(ok, microfibre cloth, but you know what I mean)
:think:

I wanted to post pictures but decided to refrain....

ditto, ive decided to make you all wait to see my black one! :faint:

Reactions: 45bvtc

But this cornflower blue colour is (for us) OTT!

However, full credit to DK Engineering for ordering:

1) I would not have ordered this colour at point of order!

2) But would I change it now? Same answer... NO!

The colour IS (for me) OTT!

It does change amazingly! And I DO NOT know how Audi/VW have been able to managed this non-metallic/Pearlescent colour, really!

But on Monday next, I'll be washing it over, carefully...

I'm cleaning mine tomorrow (needs must). No it won't stay clean, but it is too dirty right now and I'm jynxing the weather and changing to summer boots tomorrow morning...

Having looked at distance required to travel to get there (and back); have decided to go the night before.

Weather looks like"quattro" country...

See you all on Sunday

Reactions: 45bvtc, CatnipRS3 and robbiemac
Just picked the RS3 up from N8......... You didn't think I was turning up on Sunday without it being fully detailed...........
4730b06ce86243cac23872796b269933_zps5019d32c.jpg

See you all on Sunday
robbie

Thats a nice looking "WHITE" RS3!!

Reactions: ice_cube99 and robbiemac

Sponge, you heathan!!:angrymod:Next you'll be saying you use Fairy Liquid as car wash!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Moschops
So tonight we went from these grumbly, warped Brembo discs:

To these lovely AP discs and Pagid RS pads:

All set for the weekend ahead:

I'll do a longer write up on the discs and fitting when I get a chance. Only one minor issue with the disc guards but other than that this was a remarkably straight forward job, which isn't always the case with after market parts. I weighed the parts and according to my calculations each disc set up is 4kg lighter than the OEM parts so an 8kg diet is a good gain. Really impressed with Dave Brown too, he answered my request for advice about the disc guard at 8.30 on a Friday night!

We're heading up North in the morning so see you all there on Sunday.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, gogz s3 and Kelza
Like the new brake setup. When they release the brake squeal mod, will you put it all back to standard so you can get rid of the warped discs for some nice shines new one? And then store them

Double FAF! and ****! I thought my alley carriers were mucky! lol

That is what happens to the carriers when you take the standard chocolate discs on track. Boy do those carriers get hot. All you hear is bang, bang, bang as the various metals contract at different rates when cooling. No question the OEM Brembo 370mm set up looks good but in reality it was built to a price and Audi could have done much better/lighter.

Now I know you like it dirty, here is a pic just for you, this is the inside of one of the OEM discs after a track day. If you're about 10K miles plus in the RS3 check your inner brake pads (as also reported by Bilen) they seem to wear much more quickly than the outer pad.

Crikey!...looks like the missus's frying pan!

I know you love the track MBK, but I'd be looking to protect/seal those new sexy disc carriers with some GTechnique wheel/alloy sealer, might be worth a try?...I can bring some on Sunday if you like and you can apply it? (really easy wipe on wipe off) as long as they are clean. (which I doubt on Sunday)

Crikey!...looks like the missus's frying pan!

I know you love the track MBK, but I'd be looking to protect/seal those new sexy disc carriers with some GTechnique wheel/alloy sealer, might be worth a try?...I can bring some on Sunday if you like and you can apply it? (really easy wipe on wipe off) as long as they are clean. (which I doubt on Sunday)

Thats good with me, anything that helps protect the look as well as to go, thanks!

You bringing some C5 with you on Sunday Catnip?

Myself and Vito are meeting up at Charnock Richard and driving down to this, Who else we meeting up along the way?

Would a stop off at Lymm services be good for anyone wanting to convoy along with us?

Reactions: Vito
Just make sure you're not being followed:ninja:
as Spooky says, the first rule of 'RS3 meet' is you do not talk about ''RS3 meet'
the second rule of 'RS3 meet' is you do not talk about RS3 meet...........
a4957fd3ae68b4eb46aab0b2bb78a33a_zpsb5984f90.jpg

Those who want to meet up on the way we'll PM timings rather than post them on here !

Just after an idea of who'd want to tag along.... Anyway if anyones worried about being car jacked etc then i'll happily fall on my sword, Take one for the team etc etc and give them mine..... Its what i paid GAP for :jester:

Guys sorry I can't make it! :-(

Hope you all have a good time and look forward to the pics. :)

We've just arrived at 'the location' lol, good choice Robbie, fair to say its Quattro weather! I spy another RS3 in the car park too.

Reactions: robbiemac, 45bvtc and Vito
We're making a weekend of it Vito, great location and keeps the Mrs happy with the trip and recent expenditure on shiny discs!! You'll enjoy the roads around here, so much fun driving up in the wet, car is filthy but so worth it!

Reactions: robbiemac and 45bvtc
yeah I know was only joking, my missus doesn't want to come, we could have done the same, but..........I 'll be there.

Robbie have you sorted sum refreshment and sunday dinner out as well ? Only joking, many thanks for organising everything. :respekt:

Reactions: CatnipRS3
yeah I know was only joking, my missus doesn't want to come, we could have done the same, but..........I 'll be there.

Ditto Vito!...you still meeting Macdaddy at Charnock?, I'll be there also, I've just PM'd him a time!

Reactions: Vito and Macdaddy
Anyone else from the NW want to join us? Last ask otherwise i'll forget.

Reactions: robbiemac
Robbie have you sorted sum refreshment and sunday dinner out as well ? Only joking, many thanks for organising everything. :respekt:

ha ha ha..... way ahead of you mate, second location have been informed and are expecting up to twenty hungry chappies.....
safe journey down pal.....