RS3 meet Sunday March 17th........

Preference for RS3 meet date(s)

• March 17th meet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for that MBK. It was the first time I'd ever been on a track and for me, the narrow, tight, and wet surface with the grass belonging to the owner who'd said "keep-of the green stuff, that's mine" - I just loved it!

As you so rightly said "It was narrow, tight, technical, wet and slippy, plenty of 4 wheel slides rather than a track about big speed. As much fun, if not more than some of the car tracks I've been on because of the lack of space and almost constant direction changes."

And with ZERO experience, I absolutely agree, just brilliant!

Unfortunately, I was too keen to practice similar 'balance' on the 'wet' A5 back to Llangollen…

PS: I now wish I'd have had a run with the Go-Kart: a badly missed experience for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito, robbiemac and MBK
On the starting grid, great moments these with GYG Karting in the background:

Robbie and Catnip leading the pack:

And finally lined up ready for the track session:

Reactions: wickedstef, Moschops, CatnipRS3 and 2 others
Pure self indulgence this one guys, my favourite session of the day by far:

Reactions: Bilen, klauster, wickedstef and 2 others
Fun on the track.
Sorry for the picture quality, don't know who's in the coat but it throw's the wife off.
The SOUNDS more than make up for it though.
Turn the volume up!

And this one was just to show how effective the windscreen treatment was from the detailing last week. Really impressive. It also show's what a lovely day it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robbiemac and MBK
so the red ones are the quickest then? :thumbsup:

IMG_5213.jpg

i like that a lot!

Reactions: MBK
Mr. Freeze ???? I was convinced me and Macdaddy were chasing Catnip on that B road,

" What a frigging nutcase he is behind the wheel " power-power-power-power ............but I enjoyed it REALLY enjoyed it !!!, that 14

mls stretch of road finally created a bond between me and my RS3. Thanks Neil :beerchug:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Mr_Freeze and MBK
Just to repeat my rather too public announcement yesterday (thanks so much Robbie!), yes:

I have my own helmet and magic gold Alpinestars racing boots, I also do all my own stunts.

Like father, like son. He'll soon be following in the family footsteps too!

Audi, Arai, Alpinestars and AP, made for each other:
​

I'm quite enthusiastic about the track and driving in general in case you didn't notice. I think I hide it well! :lmfao:

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Fun on the track.
Sorry for the picture quality, don't know who's in the coat but it throw's the wife off.
The SOUNDS more than make up for it though.
Turn the volume up!

And this one was just to show how effective the windscreen treatment was from the detailing last week. Really impressive. It also show's what a lovely day it was.

Nice one mate......... Looking good out there, I noticed how good the treatment on my windscreen was top job by N8...... only needed to use my windscreen wipers when I was going over 40mph

Please say a big thanks to you're missus from me, she's managed to make me look quick....... now that's great work

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
Just to repeat my rather too public announcement yesterday (thanks so much Robbie!), yes:

I have my own helmet and magic gold Alpinestars racing boots, I also do all my own stunts.

​

ha ha ha ha had to do double take, thought it was you.........

wow i love a good set of discs! those look sexy and expensive
HelmetbootsAPs.jpg

did these sort the squeal issue (if any) out for you?
gathering info for the time being! :arco:

Mr. Freeze ???? I was convinced me and Macdaddy were chasing Catnip on that B road,

" What a frigging nutcase he is behind the wheel " power-power-power-power ............but I enjoyed it REALLY enjoyed it !!!, that 14

mls stretch of road finally created a bond between me and my RS3. Thanks Neil :beerchug:

Yup it was me. A decent run i have to agree. Main thing was keep it on the Black stuff, and we all did.

Reactions: 45bvtc, MBK, robbiemac and 1 other person
What track is this? Is it a car or kart track? And how much moneys was it? :D

check out the thread for all the details......
kart track, GYG karting based in the middle of the Evo-Triangle
Roughly speaking £20.00 a head for 10 laps in you're own car.......
Need at least 10 cars to get the venue interested in closing track for you.......
April onwards is pretty busy with kart races....... go on the web and check their website out
Great place for the novice, 1st RS3 event turned out to be a great day

Reactions: Moschops and Vito
Yes its a Karting track
GYG Karting | Driven by Passion

They allowed us on by special request, all organised beforehand by Robbie. Cost £20 each for a decent run of about 10-15 laps (i lost count)

A decent Karting session - enough to make your arms ache - only cost £15 too. A fairly quick Kart on slicks gives a new meaning to the word understeer. Brake as hard as you dare, skipping over the surface, turn in and ---- nothing just plough straight on. Only one solution to that, full gas and kick it in to oversteer to get to the apex. Absolutely ridiculously massive amounts of fun. It's shame I was the only one placed in remedial class to enjoy it!

Reactions: robbiemac
wow i love a good set of discs! those look sexy and expensive
HelmetbootsAPs.jpg

did these sort the squeal issue (if any) out for you?
gathering info for the time being! :arco:

I haven't had many squeal issues in any case so don't get caught up in the hype. The guys will tell you I'm quite light on the brakes...so that might be why...

No squeal at all with the AP's and they are as good as the look suggests, about £1500 a set and essential if you want to do any real track time. The standard Brembo's are fine for the road (I've never known anyone have any real need to upgrade brakes for just road use) but pretty much useless after 4/5 laps on track with fade, brake pad material build up on the disc and ultimately one day of reasonable effort warped them.

Reactions: CHEZ
Yup it was me. A decent run i have to agree. Main thing was keep it on the Black stuff, and we all did.

You should have seen the water spray Neil..........it was awesome to look at you two from behind, proper stuff !!!!! :thrashi:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Mr_Freeze and MBK
Yes its a Karting track
GYG Karting | Driven by Passion

They allowed us on by special request, all organised beforehand by Robbie. Cost £20 each for a decent run of about 10-15 laps (i lost count)

Sounds awesome! I would have come if I had an RS3 :(

Wouldn't mind some karting either. Has there ever been an Audi-sport Karting meet?

Theres a few places around where you can use some decent 2 stroke karts like Club 100 and Daytona max

You should have seen the water spray Neil..........it was awesome to look at you two from behind, proper stuff !!!!! :thrashi:

From the side of the road the three of you coming past together was an awesome sight and sound, you truly did bring the thunder!

Here is the full photo sequence in highest resolution images, feel free to use, cut and photoshop as required! Enjoy!

Reactions: Bilen, Vito, 45bvtc and 2 others

​

I'm quite enthusiastic about the track and driving in general in case you didn't notice. I think I hide it well! :lmfao:

Nice pics...but ditch the ballet shoes mate! lol

Reactions: 45bvtc and MBK
Here we go, video number 2, this is the same external footage of me chasing bluey driven by 45bvtc and you now have my internal car view too and enhanced external video shots perfectly synchronised. If you have a good broadband connection turn up the quality to 1080p full screen and enjoy.

Reactions: 45bvtc, robbiemac and Vito
Having read all the posts above and not been able to come along due to imminent arrival of wee man, at least I can console myself with the fact that you all appear to have had a really sh1t time!

Hope there is another meet sometime. Hey, hows about Brands Hatch, that's just up the road for me?!

Reactions: robbiemac and 45bvtc
What about in the N. Yorks Moors, some excellent driving roads there around Pickering.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Having read all the posts above and not been able to come along due to imminent arrival of wee man, at least I can console myself with the fact that you all appear to have had a really sh1t time!

Hope there is another meet sometime. Hey, hows about Brands Hatch, that's just up the road for me?!
Suggest you play the soundtrack of 5-pots in Wales during or shortly after the birth: seriously, we all hope everything goes well for the birth.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
One of the quicker wet laps during the track time at GYG Karting. Watch the interior footage at 21, 34 and 42 seconds and you should see the front of the car moving around nicely, these were brief moments of 4 wheel slide on this narrow technical circuit. Video can never really convey the true feel because this was an awful lot of fun!

Reactions: Vito, 45bvtc, Mr_Freeze and 1 other person
I see Vito has posted on You Tube: "Naughty, naughty, naughty MBK, tailgating a poor OAP."

And this poor OAP would like to respond: Quite right Vito, quite right!

You're the first to show a single sign of sympathy for a struggling OAP on a wet, slippy, tight, Go-Kart track: I couldn't remember which corner came next, even having done 6 or 7 laps - or maybe it was 1 or 2 laps, I can't remember.

As I said to the officer on the way home "I was being chased officer, chased by an aggressive young 'un in a fast red car."

Shame on 'im Vito, good for you! Thank you for your genuine support and sympathy...

Reactions: Vito, MBK and robbiemac
I see Vito has posted on You Tube: "Naughty, naughty, naughty MBK, tailgating a poor OAP."

And this poor OAP would like to respond: Quite right Vito, quite right!

You were out on track enjoying yourself, that's the main thing! We'll get you on the Go Karts next time too!

Reactions: Vito and 45bvtc
Great work MacDaddy, love the slideshow...... Presume you're full of lemsip and a stinking cold, thanks again mate:thumbsup:

Reactions: Vito and Macdaddy
Last of the cars on track, probably the best of the laps. Just the story of the day video to build now.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Vito
Sounds like you guys had a real great time. The pictures are amazing and the videos are fantastic. Mark i hope yur writing another great article for me. :) x x

Reactions: Vito
Hi Princess, for me was the best motoring experience in my life but we all truly enjoyed the fun, and the RS3's OMG !! they set the welsh tarmac on fire.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Princess, for me was the best motoring experience in my life but we all truly enjoyed the fun, and the RS3's OMG !! they set the welsh tarmac on fire.

I hear they have some good roads in Wales, im not familiar with them though as the only place i have visited in Wales is Cardiff. I pleased you all had a great time, so now its time to concentrate on the summer meet. So the secret begins all over again. :) x

Reactions: Vito
Hi Sandra, yep I'm working on the article will be with you early next week. We are enjoying our first day at the beach this year, enjoying another beautiful part of Wales it's a tough life but someone has to do it!

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Sandra, yep I'm working on the article will be with you early next week. We are enjoying our first day at the beach this year, enjoying another beautiful part of Wales it's a tough life but someone has to do it!
Can't thank you enough Mark, please excuse the repetition :thumbsup:; but next time, please, set off on your own and just give robbimac a map to follow… :search: as the rest of us were trying to keep up with him :racer: Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion - in cold, wet, and falling sleet; and on gritted roads? The best drive ever... :applaus: I for one will never forget it, magic!

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, Vito and MBK

Looking forward to it Mark, as soon asi receive it, i will submit it into the magazine. You enjoy the beach. Im hoping to be in wales very soon. I will be coming back to Cardiff, they have some cool shops and lots of things to see and do. :) x