RS3 MK1 Brochure

Reaction score
Hi

I'm considering buying a MK1 RS3 and have found a few candidates. I was wondering if anyone has a pdf brochure of the spec list?

And also if anyone can point me in the direction of common faults and ailments that you've experienced since owning one.

Many thanks from a future RS3 owner

Reactions: 45bvtc
Good choice.......

They can suffer low speed brake squeal although chances are most cars have had the 47i6 update from the dealers by now.....

If you get one with buckets they are great once in them, however getting in / out of them is an experience and they can wear quickly on the bolster.

Most owners change the the tyres as many don't rate the factory Continental tyres.

Launch control use can and has caused prop shaft failure even on standard cars.

I'd try and buy an unmapped one, although this could prove difficult as many were put back to standard once lease and pcp deals were over.

Most problems are rectified by dealer under warranty anyway.

If you can buy one with some warranty or an Audi extended warranty.

Wider 8.5j fronts were fitted to some uk cars with 255/30/19 tyres it does help to quell the understeer a lot.

Rears are 8j with 225 / 35 / 19 tyre again some change it to 235 / 35 / 19 to give the alloy some rim protection.

Wheels are diamond cut so expect costs of £90-120 depending on where you go to get them repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RS3 ROCKS, 45bvtc and monkeyboy_marcus
Veneeringman has said it all, Steve, but to be fair not all cars suffer those issues, same with any car really. One thin is for sure the 2011/13 Audi RS3 is a superb all-weather road going motors car and is both safe and quick - ok and fast but I prefer the 'quick'.

Just ask...

PS: if you're close and would like to view I have original hard copies of all the RS3 sales docs

Oooops - Elgin, Morayshire.... Ok, the thought was there...

Reactions: RS3 ROCKS and T-800
And cheaper than the overpriced MK 2

List price for the Mk1 4 years ago - £39,950 (with decent spec £~46k)
Add inflation (albeit not much at the mo) etc...
List price for the Mk2 today - £39,955 (with decent spec £~47.5k)

Where is the overpriced element?

£~46k We wos there at the time in October 2011 and so I don't think so...:shrug:

BLUEY's comprehensive spec is there for all to see on the DK Engineering website and @ £46k I'd have come away with more than a couple of £k in my pocket; not that that matters as I'd have bought it anyway at whatever... And is why we're still contented today. :friends:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
£~46k We wos there at the time in October 2011 and so I don't think so...:shrug:

BLUEY's comprehensive spec is there for all to see on the DK Engineering website and @ £46k I'd have come away with more than a couple of £k in my pocket; not that that matters as I'd have bought it anyway at whatever... And is why we're still contented today. :friends:

The link to the brochure is above - add it up! It was £46k by the time you ticked some boxes.
I am quoting pure list prices, if you add 5% discount you get your couple of £k back, same as now, you can get ~5% off.
I'm really struggling to see how the mk2 is overpriced. What I do see, is if you have a mk1, the mk2 doesn't make £25k of sense to change!

List price for the Mk1 4 years ago - £39,950 (with decent spec £~46k)
Add inflation (albeit not much at the mo) etc...
List price for the Mk2 today - £39,955 (with decent spec £~47.5k)

Where is the overpriced element?
You'd have to spec Buckets and exclusive paint on a mk1 to get anywhere near 46 k and they're not an option on the mk2

I specifically avoided exclusive options, I ticked buckets and most other stuff tho.
It's £48k with EVERYTHING (excluding exclusive)

Mine was more than 46k new.

However when I specced the new one up it was £51k Without buckets

if you spec everything it's overpriced for what it is.
That's my opinion

To be fair to all I think it very much the same: one thing to acknowledge the 8V RS3 doesn't have carbon fibre front wings and they must have cost and arm and someone else's leg to produce - development of course for Audi. Whatever, anyway, the RS3, any RS3, is a fabulous piece of machinery and for me that marriage of 5-pot and 7-speed DSG in a 4-seat/5-door envelope for every day/any day motoring is the best thing I've ever experienced.

So forget the discussions; my dad's bigger than your dad, etc., 'cos the Audi RS3 is one hell of an all weather motor car and p e r f e c t for UK driving whatever the weather.

As for colour, I love 'em all and would have one of each but mine's (cornflower blue) is best anyway so get over it already; end of, whatever, don't care even if you do like yellow or whatever...

Buy an Audi RS3, any RS3, and appreciate what you have, and I'm sure if you aren't already then oh' boy you're gonna...

Reactions: UV-RS3 and DAYTONA 500
Thanks for all the reply's and a special thanks to Veeneringman for the brochure link. I'm after a model with Bucket seats the silver sports package and cruise control. The rest of the standard factory spec is more than sufficient.

I've found 3 models that are ideal, but are at least 2k overpriced and they are 2011 model's with expired warranties.
My mind's telling me yes but my body, my body's telling me no............

I'll keep pushing for a better price and see what the future holds. I expect the release of the new RS3 will have an impact on the MK1 price as well.

I was searching for so long for a car with quilted bucket seats, having now seen the spec brochure. I can understand why they are a rarity with an asking price of 850 on top of the bucket seat price, just for the diamond stitching.

They look amazing though and really break up the seat style nicely.
If the pic upload works below, I think you'll agree with how nice they look.

For the time being I'll happily potter about in my MK1 S3 shower until the right RS3 comes my way.

Thanks again for all the reply people. Have a good weekend

Attachments

• Audi quilted seats.jpg
    Audi quilted seats.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,349
An Audi extended warranty can be had for a few hundred quid unless the car has extreme mileage on it. I have bought it twice for my 11 car for the peace of mind it brings. My car is 100% unmodified mind, and Audi wouldn't cover a modified vehicle.

Don't let a few years or miles put you off. The important thing is whether it has been looked after or not.

ETA: I had a modified 8L not dissimilar to the spec in your sig. The RS3 in standard trim will probably feel a little nose-heavy in comparison, but the power will be worlds apart. Point-to-point, there might not be much in it, but I would take an 8P RS3 over a modified 8L S3 any day of the week. It's a much more all-rounded car.

Reactions: RS3 ROCKS
I found the ideal candidate today on Autotrader. Sepang blue with buckets seats uprated mag suspension, remap and a scorpion exhaust. Price was 1k over what i'd be willing to pay as it was a private sale, Unfortunately I didn't even get the chance to haggle, Went to look at phoning today and planned on driving to check it out tomorrow. And it's been removed off the site. Looks like its sold already in the space of a day!

That was kind of my experience when I bought mine - I rang four dealerships only to hear that the car had just been sold. I actually bought mine over the phone, unseen and undriven, because they were selling faster than hot cakes!

Reactions: RS3 ROCKS
There are a lot of good spec ones with traders at the mo. I have found my exact spec I'm after. But....a little overpriced in my opinion at 32,500 And the trader is unwilling to budge on the price. I've been watching one in particular for a long time and it hasn't moved in a year

That wouldn't be the Daytona one that started off at 47k and is now 38k would it ?

15b4ecca22aa916d3be7e309ddc331de.jpg