RS3 MPG - what is the best you have achieved ?

Don't know whot mine is doing

But coming out a M4 Comp its not good in the Audi and not even tried dynamic as still running car in

After trying my best for the last week on a 15 mile commute to work I achieved 39.6 mpg! My god it was boring and once achieved I swapped back to dynamic and all in the world was good again.

Saying that though it did make a difference and saved around £24 that week in fuel on the work commute

Reactions: jungle650, D0C and AudiNutta
After trying my best for the last week on a 15 mile commute to work I achieved 39.6 mpg! My god it was boring and once achieved I swapped back to dynamic and all in the world was good again.

Saying that though it did make a difference and saved around £24 that week in fuel on the work commute
That's a hell of a saving. Works out at over £1200 per year if you could manage it. I couldn't!

Always makes me laugh this thread......

You've bought a high performance car, yet want to seemingly drive it to get high MPG...........

Talk about cutting the legs off a Stallion........:whip:

Reactions: NevMan and dno_uk

You've bought a high performance car, yet want to seemingly drive it to get high MPG...........

I know just buy a VW Polo blue motion i hear they can get 80 MPG :blahblah1:

Mine does good running with zero town miles.
Drive to speed limit 28-30mpg (with slippers on)
Drive the way I do 99% of the time 25mpg
Lead shoes I think.

Reactions: NevMan and T-800
Mine does good running with zero town miles.
Drive to speed limit 28-30mpg (with slippers on)
Drive the way I do 99% of the time 25mpg
Lead shoes I think.

Fill yer Lead Boots Kev

Reactions: NevMan and Marshy
44.1 mpg is the best figure I’ve had. Only had it 5 weeks. Been in Audi for 2 of those... yet to get it back. But I’ve had 400 out of the tank an that’s mixed driving but mostly motorway commute. I got 722 miles out of my a3 2.0 tdi. I’m aiming for 450miles to a tank... then I’ll be happy.
Just want the car back first really..

J
44.1 mpg is the best figure I’ve had. Only had it 5 weeks. Been in Audi for 2 of those... yet to get it back. But I’ve had 400 out of the tank an that’s mixed driving but mostly motorway commute. I got 722 miles out of my a3 2.0 tdi. I’m aiming for 450miles to a tank... then I’ll be happy.
Just want the car back first really..
esus I struggle for 300 on average

It was mind numbing, usually I just enjoy the car and fill up when needed, rarely look at fuel consumption but this thread got me wondering

Now that isn't why this thread was started lol and opening statement says so :tonguewink: :tongueout: :tongueclosed:
I very rarely bother checking my MPG - I generally just see the fuel range go down and down ... very quickly :tearsofjoy:
But on the VERY rare occasion that I was forced to drive slowly and steadily :sleeping: I was amazed at what fuel economy was possible :icon thumright:

Reactions: Rayner_1704, DW81 and NevMan
Now that isn't why this thread was started lol and opening statement says so :tonguewink: :tongueout: :tongueclosed:
I very rarely bother checking my MPG - I generally just see the fuel range go down and down ... very quickly :tearsofjoy:
But on the VERY rare occasion that I was forced to drive slowly and steadily :sleeping: I was amazed at what fuel economy was possible :icon thumright:

Yes you made it a one off but the rest of us are boring gits in the wrong car ;)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

I understand that Snake

But on a Diesel forum maybe

When you drive a performance car as good as the RS3 (in any guise) it’s difficult to resist that loud pedal.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and DW81
I understand that Snake

But on a Diesel forum maybe

When you drive a performance car as good as the RS3 (in any guise) it’s difficult to resist that loud pedal.

lol ... I must admit, when I was being forced to drive insanely slow & steady I was at times getting a bit frustrated.
Even going what I perceived to be very slowly, I found myself edging ahead and at one point the following car was way way behind so much so I had to pull over & wait a few times.
So the experience was not an enjoyable one and hopefully a one off lol :tearsofjoy:

39.2 a few days ago on motorway over about 80 miles doing 50-70 in traffic. Genuinely surprised it was that good!

Got 39.3mpg on a gentle run down from Preston to Rugby, helped by the 50mph road work zones on the M6. Very impressed with nearly 40mpg
c903deeb391f96aac73db02e1ddfe1c4.jpg

a8e57abf04f30579576a38029c1bac8d.jpg

I was bored, travelling in convoy - by the end of the journey I got it back down to 36.x - which for 275miles in a car running over 400 I was still really impressive.

Now back to normal life.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01 and Dan_DJT
Did 43,5 mpg on a 25 mile trip, driving very slowly between 40-60 mph, following the rest of the traffic, not possible to overtake.

My average is getting better, 25 mpg at the moment.

I did a long run this week and was hands-free on the phone so driving sedately at 50 on dual carriageway for about half an hour. I think it was showing 46+ mpg at that point.

Why do MPGs matter? I do business miles in my RS3, and easily do 15k+ miles per year. When you get ‘pence per mile’ it’s useful to know you aren’t out of pocket for the petrol (depreciation is another matter, naturally).

And when you find that hidden gem stretch of road you are grateful that you are in an RS3 and not some diesel mile-muncher...

40.3mpg indicated over a 4:14hr, 223 mile trip up the motorway while sitting in some M25 traffic.

(Return leg reset on the short-term computer) On the way back I sat in a good 2 and a half hours of London traffic both in central and on the M4, by the time I got back to Wales I had an average of 36.8mpg for 5:56hr and 209 miles.

Full tank to 0 miles of V Power was 434 miles. Could have been better, air con was pumping out for the full 10 hours, sound system up... didn’t go over 70, but lorry speeds would see a lot better. When refilled, it gave me 405 miles range and I’ve seen 400 a few times since.

Calculated MPG was 36.96mpg.

Diesel RS3?
Sorry, only 4 years late to this thread... but that's one of the best looking RS3 i have seen! Do you still own it? Love the exterior and interior colour