RS3 (PFL) vs RS3 (FL)

Lol. A bit behind in that we already know most of the things he’s saying.

I’ve always thought the FL handles way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with most of what he says but what awful camera work.. makes me feel quite dizzy all the darting around!!

The FL does handle a lot better, but not sure if that PFL has shagged dampers/springs as I certainly don't have all that jittering he keeps going on about.

And certianly not 'worried' about oncoming cars flol.

The FL is obviously a better car, as someone on here said before it's just down to what you're willing to spend.

I bought a PFL 18 months or so ago as at the time the extra for a well specced FL was hard to justify, but I may change to one in future.

Lol. A bit behind in that we already know most of the things he’s saying.

I’ve always thought the FL handles way better.

Perhaps not entirely for RS3 aficionados such as yourself ;)

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Perhaps not entirely for RS3 aficionados such as yourself ;)

If he really wanted to up the Ante he could’ve got an 8P / 8V /8V FL /8V OPF.

Reactions: infernox and NevMan
The PFL in the vid must be ****** as I noticed no discernible difference at all vs the FL other than virtual silence of course ;) bring it on FL owners!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81, 8YARWY, NevMan and 1 other person
There is someone close to me selling, thought it could be a way to get more sound of the FL car.

Hi everyone, new to the forum . Decided to join as I cant find answer to my question. Can anyone confirm that SS fl seats have only" rs "embroidered and pfl is "rs3"? Other thing is there a significant difference in comfort between the SS fl and Ss pfl seats ? I am looking to upgrade seats but want to be sure I get the right ones. Maybe someone had a chance to sit in both and can comment on it please? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, new to the forum . Decided to join as I cant find answer to my question. Can anyone confirm that SS fl seats have only" rs "embroidered and pfl is "rs3"? Other thing is there a significant difference in comfort between the SS fl and Ss pfl seats ? I am looking to upgrade seats but want to be sure I get the right ones. Maybe someone had a chance to sit in both and can comment on it please? Thanks in advance.

Yup PFL seats = RS 3
FL seats = RS.

Seat bases the same but SSS look sooooooo much better.

Thanks I agree sss look way better than standard. I had in mind comparing both SSS FL vs SSS PFL though.
I've just purchased FL rs3 and didn't notice till I got home it has SSS from the PFL. My guess is car came with standard seats and the owner just swapped them for PFL SSS which is cool as they have the Rs3 badge but when I looked at few FL cars before im almost certainly sure that the SSS in fl felt way more comfy. I hope someone else can confirm I'm right . The pfl sss just don't seem as comfy and this was one of the reasons we went for FL as it felt way more comfortable.
I'm not being picky. Car is fab but I feel I'm missing something at the price we paid. Hope I'm wrong.
Thanks.

Thanks I agree sss look way better than standard. I had in mind comparing both SSS FL vs SSS PFL though.
I've just purchased FL rs3 and didn't notice till I got home it has SSS from the PFL. My guess is car came with standard seats and the owner just swapped them for PFL SSS which is cool as they have the Rs3 badge but when I looked at few FL cars before im almost certainly sure that the SSS in fl felt way more comfy. I hope someone else can confirm I'm right . The pfl sss just don't seem as comfy and this was one of the reasons we went for FL as it felt way more comfortable.
I'm not being picky. Car is fab but I feel I'm missing something at the price we paid. Hope I'm wrong.
Thanks.
Where did you buy car from? Surely an Audi dealer would never put PFL seats in a later FL car.
Whilst I agree the quilted effect is nice, I’ve had both the base of the seat is identical on SSS and SS in PFL cars, I’ve not actually noticed any difference in comfort between FL and PFL neither have I between FL and PFL seats. The SSS seats in my B9 RS4 are way nicer than the 8V seats with the wonderful massage function

Hi thanks for reply. Bought it from a car dealer not Audi . We viewed few fl with sss and just remember those being more comfy hence I asked if anyone can confirm. Still good seats i guess but would prefer the sss fl ones so its all as it should be. Looked at recaro seats but never sat in one so not sure if I'd like them for comfort

Attachments

• 20201121_102605.jpg
    20201121_102605.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 328
So I'm looking at jumping into an RS3 for 3 or 4 months and not sure whether I should get a PFL or spend the extra money and get a FL. I don't expect I'd lose a huge amount when I come on to sell either.

With that said does anyone think the PFL or FL price will drop drastically in the next 3 / 4 months?

Does it really matter what I buy if I'm going to sell again in 3 / 4 months as long as I buy at a decent price?

Yes / no. Cross one out at random ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I've had a PFL RS3 and an FL S3 (with Mag ride, SSS and 19in). Much prefer the 'vanilla nature of PFL but Tech on FL is better. As for retained value... given either purchase will be second hand the buying price will be key. Sold my 2016 PFL for £32k in 2018 and they still seem to be fetching similar money!