RS3 prices in 2022/23?

RS4K

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently sold my S3 8V( regretted it as soon as it sold ) but had my etron suv on order so had to be done to take delivery of my first ever brand new car. Having done minimal mileage, electric is defo not for me and i am already looking forward to giving it back lol in 2022.

I want to finally get into an RS3 8V PFL ideally as i want the noise and i don't want to finance so i am hoping prices will come down a bit but wondering if anyone has any speculation on what prices could come down to in late 2022 early 2023 considering new rs3 will be out by end of 2021.

Any thoughts appreciated that will allow me to believe it will be possible to get a decent PFL for 20- 22k

My first thoughts would be to get a big bit of paper, pen and calculator. Over the next year your etron will drop more in value than a PFL S3 will, so it may be worth moving sooner rather than later. Also to consider is how in demand are etron's at present. Could there prices be artificially high in the very short term due to new vehicle registrations during the covid period. Sorry this is a question and not an answer but I think the pricing is really complicated and you would be better looking at it from as many directions as possible.

Colin

Hi Colin, My etron is on a lease via salary sacrifice and is an absolute bargain! So i don't have any worries of losing money on it. I pay a monthly fee which includes maintenance, insurance etc, I even charge for free at work so it doesn't even cost me to drive it .

Hi Colin, My etron is on a lease via salary sacrifice and is an absolute bargain! So i don't have any worries of losing money on it. I pay a monthly fee which includes maintenance, insurance etc, I even charge for free at work so it doesn't even cost me to drive it .
Sounds like a good reason to put up with the pain and wait.

Colin

Lol. My advice get yourself a piece of string and sit there wondering how long it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, josul and Chris4410
Based on what has happened over the last 10 months or so I wouldn’t try to predict what will happen in 6 months time, never mind 2022/2023.

Well considering car data companies predict residual values of cars all the time i thought someone might know of how to get access to this online perhaps. Last year has been unpredictable but used car prices stayed quite strong surprisingly. i am more wondering how strong people think values will be of these cars based off what is coming out of manufacturers now, for example smaller engines, hybrids, electric and even the OPF cars.

Used car prices stayed strong most likely because the ordering and delivery of new cars was heavily effected by the pandemic, also as people couldn’t go on holiday they were spending their money on cars and home improvements.

I don’t believe anyone will be able to tell how things are going to pan out yet, we are pretty much at the mercy of how these vaccinations work out. And we will probably be well into June or July before this is clear.