Rs3 recall and update

Interesting, mine has the drilled offside vent and also has an update code in the service book. I will look it up when I get chance. What I find strange is all the talk of updates but they aren't really communicated to us unless we ask or report something.

Mine is in on the 25th for loss of coolant and a few other little niggles, maybe i will ask for a list of all updates then.

Thanks for the info!

Which dealer are you taking it in to?

Still getting this metallic grind noise , back in again

arrrrrrhjhhnhhhn fbhsgsvnb!

Which dealer Sticks?

How are the other issues, wind noise, etc?

Airduct recall is offside drilled holes like Moschops says.

Hope you get that noise sorted.

yer just after it starts i get this noise which echos and fades, also notice if i blip the brake and drop from 3rd to 2nd i hear the same noise along with the engine note

so annoying especially when you think its fixed,

Which dealer Sticks?

How are the other issues, wind noise, etc?

Airduct recall is offside drilled holes like Moschops says.

Hope you get that noise sorted.

yer cheers m8 ,the wind noise is sorted , just fekked off with this mettalic noise it doesnt sound to healthy,

just abit surprised they didnt do the holes when they updated the other air intake or maybe they did and ive got it wrong,it does say on paperwork fitted new o/s duct to brakes,

im gutted about this sediment found blocking my fuel filter , its been rebooked in for a weeks time so hopefully will get to bottom of this noise and i will quiz them about this cack they found in my fuel system

The cack in the fuel system is probably the one issue that can't be blamed on Audi!

The cack in the fuel system is probably the one issue that can't be blamed on Audi!

all ive put in since new is shell v power , i must of collected a trillion points and a tank load of plop

yer cheers m8 ,the wind noise is sorted , just fekked off with this mettalic noise it doesnt sound to healthy,

just abit surprised they didnt do the holes when they updated the other air intake or maybe they did and ive got it wrong,it does say on paperwork fitted new o/s duct to brakes,

im gutted about this sediment found blocking my fuel filter , its been rebooked in for a weeks time so hopefully will get to bottom of this noise and i will quiz them about this cack they found in my fuel system

Sticks the new blanking plate with holes will only be fitted to the offside. As my previous post states. The near side is exactly the same one as it left factory with. No holes drilled due to it only covering half the void due to the oil cooler. So the dealer has at least got that bit right :rock:

Sticks the new blanking plate with holes will only be fitted to the offside. As my previous post states. The near side is exactly the same one as it left factory with. No holes drilled due to it only covering half the void due to the oil cooler. So the dealer has at least got that bit right :rock:

not sure if they actually did get it right then, my car went in months ago for the brake duct recall, i thought the recall was passenger vent but maybe i didnt even notice the holes drilled in the driverside air intake,unless it was done months ago and the other day they just fitted another new one,failing that its porky pies to fill up the job sheet lol

re the wind noise, i went on a big journey today and now at higher speeds its WORSE cry cry cry wa wa wa

Lol...sounds about right Sticks...my dealer actually showed me them working on mine, all the front off and the new /blanking panel/duct being refitted.

Wind noise on mine (drivers side) starts about 50 mph up to 70 ish... :wtf:

not sure if they actually did get it right then, my car went in months ago for the brake duct recall, i thought the recall was passenger vent but maybe i didnt even notice the holes drilled in the driverside air intake,unless it was done months ago and the other day they just fitted another new one,failing that its porky pies to fill up the job sheet lol

re the wind noise, i went on a big journey today and now at higher speeds its WORSE cry cry cry wa wa wa

Thats just shocking Mate!

Do you think they really took the door off, seems extreme?

Well watever they done ain't fixed jack, I thought it abit strong taking the door off too, probably yet another job sheet filler

Hi

spoke to a guy at Audi Stratford today he has spoken to someone else higher up and they know there is a problem. He assures me a recall will be done next month to cure break squeal. Apparently some audi garages have tried their own fix and its not worked. Excuse comes in that 'we dont get a RS3 or TTRS through the door everyday so its a fairly new issue' but they know its a problem so fingers crossed the recall happens next month.

going back in AGAIN on moday ,fingers crossed they have the power

if it gets anymore frequent im gonna ask for a dedicated rs3 bay to be painted

got her back today and am over the moon with the service at audi,

bit more door alignment for wind noise and now much better
mettalic sort of noise as reported in above post cured..it turned out to be the stage 2 smaller oil pump running to much instead of only somtimes,tpi from audi software update fixed this hoooooray!!!!(7 months)
fuel gauge reading fine now

as for previous post about the brake duct mystery ,it turns out they just renewed the recall parts.
gears seem to be much better now also after some software adjustments

got her back today and am over the moon with the service at audi,

bit more door alignment for wind noise and now much better
mettalic sort of noise as reported in above post cured..it turned out to be the stage 2 smaller oil pump running to much instead of only somtimes,tpi from audi software update fixed this hoooooray!!!!(7 months)
fuel gauge reading fine now

as for previous post about the brake duct mystery ,it turns out they just renewed the recall parts.
gears seem to be much better now also after some software adjustments

That's great to hear mate :)