RS3 residuals...

elton121272

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed that prices on the Audi used car for RS3's has jumped a few quid for our motors.......

once audi have sold the required numbers i suspect the residual values should improve.

Yeah i've seen that too, also fewer and fewer at dealers now too!

When I bought mine in Feb there were approx 15 left unregistered.... most of them had no spec at all!

The few sources I've seen on this still suggest 55% value retained after 3 years which is in the good range. Not as good as the 70% seen by the likes of some of the big 4x4 diesels that seem to have endless appeal these days, or some of the other diesel Audis. If the TTRS prices are anything to go by we should all be fairly happy - well as happy as anyone can ever be about depreciation!

I have changed cars on average every 8 months for the last 14 years.....the RS3 is the first time I haven't considered residuals during the buying process; 5 months in and still not thought about what it's worth!

Genuinely don't care which I think in itself is a very good sign, I suspect there are a lot more out there like me....I don't want to part with it - if that theory holds water then demand will be greater than supply :)

Does anyone know how many left there are to be registered? I am picking mine up on Saturday so on the unlucky '13' that can't be too many around that will be on that plate I guess? Some of the ones I looked at the dealer refused said it had to be a '62'.

Does anyone know how many left there are to be registered? I am picking mine up on Saturday so on the unlucky '13' that can't be too many around that will be on that plate I guess? Some of the ones I looked at the dealer refused said it had to be a '62'.
you should get an "RS13" reg number for it.... What colour is it gonna be?

RS13 GRY..... Or RS13 SUZ
both of which are available direct from dvla registrations for £399 all in (includes £80 assignment fee)

Reactions: PigPen
Lol, I will be having an RS03 reg soon I think :)

Reactions: quattro81 and PigPen
you should get an "RS13" reg number for it.... What colour is it gonna be?

Be careful PigPen: the RS3 is visible enough to those that you'd rather not notice it, better to be discreet.

When I had a brand new registration number spread across the front of my RS3 then it had so much attention it was embarrassing. Since changing to a simple dateless number it hardly gets noticed at all, it gets mistaken for an A4 more often than not - until I've 'blasted off down the road, that is", then they realise it's no A4!

And even better since taking the badges off!

Discretion is far, far better...

Last edited:
I quite like my new registration it reads almost like something men carry around with them for fun...................

Do you have shares!:haha:
nope (i probably should have by now though) but every year I buy and sell registrations from them, and on the 11reg I made enough to cover the cost of my rs3 outright... It's all about getting in there when the reg numbers are released

Clever boy :salute:
tbh I was cr@pping myself when I first bought all the reg's.. I kept thinking "surely it's not gonna be this easy" I really though I was going to lose bucks! Some regs sold better than others, and two that I bought went sky high.. That was a good year for making words and names from reg numbers though....

This will cheer you up...

I see that my RS3 has been put up for sale for £1,500 more than i paid for it! (in reality, i negotiated a discount on the new price but Audi wouldn't let them book it as such, so they overpaid for my p/x). I'm very happy with selling it, so i'm not moaning, but it's interesting to see how they do try it on. On autotrader the nearest car in age/mileage (and better spec) is £37. In my epxerience (and i've changed my car every 12mths or so over recent years) the trade price is about £5-7k under the sticker price.

If this car sells quickly, then it would be a good indication of demand i'd say, given it's firm pricing.

Cheers
Nick

ps. i popped in to retrieve something from it yesterday, and it was still in bits, so they have obviously struggled to nail down the fault.

This will cheer you up...

I see that my RS3 has been put up for sale for £1,500 more than the new price of it! On their website, tho not on autotrader. (In reality, i negotiated a discount on the new price but Audi wouldn't let them book it as such, so they overpaid for my p/x) I'm very happy with selling it, so i'm not moaning, but it's interesting to see how they do try it on. On autotrader the nearest car in age/mileage (and better spec) is £37k. In my epxerience (and i've changed my car every 12mths or so over recent years) the trade price is about £5-7k under the sticker price. If this car sells quickly, then it would be a good indication of demand i'd say, given it's firm pricing.

Cheers
Nick

ps. i popped in to retrieve something from it yesterday, and it was still in bits, so they have obviously struggled to nail down the fault.<br><br>