RS3 Roadside Assit GTI INT

It was one of the 6 which was at the RS3 Owners club stand.

Same as me vito :(
4c0ae8b231c381abefe584feab20111e_zpse2c36f6e.jpg

Cheers mate, it didn't brake down, lets say I couldn't get in it.........***!!!

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
Could i get an answer from audi on a sunday to see if the battery was still covered under warrenty ,nooo,so sod it ,rac battery 5 years warrenty ,£125 later.....

You're kidding, you guys batteries went dead, have you tried to recover them with a ctek or the like?

Reactions: 45bvtc
That's unbelievable on such a young new car, was it a varta?

I hardly use the car ,so it sits there for weeks on end lol

Cheers mate, it didn't brake down, lets say I couldn't get in it.........***!!!

Damn unlucky pal !
I thought it was from my round my way on with the plate "PK" Preston same as mine were before the private.

Reactions: Vito
I hardly use the car ,so it sits there for weeks on end lol
Yeah that's true, my son was going to buy a green S3 from Preston Audi but it didn't get used for weeks at a time so the battery were gone, it had a scratched sat nav screen and 4 messed up rotor wheels and they didn't offer enough part ex for his golf so they lost a sale.

£199 on europarts for a battery ,£125 from rac ,result.....

A trickle charger might be worthwhile. I had the same flat battery problems with the kit cars - so many minor systems seem to run the battery down these days. The trickle charger solved the problem.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Yeah that's true, my son was going to buy a green S3 from Preston Audi but it didn't get used for weeks at a time so the battery were gone, it had a scratched sat nav screen and 4 messed up rotor wheels and they didn't offer enough part ex for his golf so they lost a sale.

Preston Audi are particularly stingy on part-ex.

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
A trickle charger might be worthwhile. I had the same flat battery problems with the kit cars - so many minor systems seem to run the battery down these days. The trickle charger solved the problem.

i,ve heard of them ,never used one ..

I'm with MBK (again); EVERY 3rd or 4th week BLUEY (and SANDY) gets the overnight trickle...

RS3_0012_zps6f000a5f.jpg

Reactions: N8 and MBK
Ok if you have a garage ,im on the street ?

Trickle Charger - Essential for my camper van.

Did you keep your oem battery?? I'm sure it could be saved! Alternatively... weigh it in!

Now gone ,but not forgotton lol 5 year warrenty on new one ;)

Years ago we had a repetitive battery problem with our low-use Audi A2 until one day a knowledgeable rescue-man told me that "low state of battery charge is now a very common problem with modern cars that are not used daily and/or cover low miles" and advised me that:

1) A modern car's electrical system NEVER fully shuts down, there's always a battery loss to something, so regular running/charging is a must, and

2) That it typically takes some 3 to 5-miles of normal running (without headlamps/heated rear screen/heated seats/etc.) to restore the (battery) energy used when starting.

It has proven (so far) to be sound advice… :icon_thumright:

Reactions: dbm and MBK