RS3 & RS3 performance

Chilly

Reaction score
Having had a look at Audis website it seems apparent that the current ethos is to release an RS model and then do a performance or plus model with an enhanced spec, do you think this could be the case for the new RS3.

For example:
RS6 with a mere 560ps
RS6 performance with 605ps

R8 v10 with 540ps
R8 v10 plus with 610ps

RSQ3 with the old RS3 engine
RSQ3 Performance with the new RS3 engine

Now I'm thinking that IF the order book reopens you will have a few options:

1 A saloon version
2 Current RS3 with 367ps
3 RS3 performance utilising the newTTRS engine with 394ps

I have no specific evidence to back up my argument, but looking at current trends with the Audi range this looks to be an obvious progression, doesn't it?

Would be keen to know what others think.

Regards,

Chilly

Ps, either way the deposit is sat in the account and if it hasn't reopened by Aug the I may just take the plunge on the current model.

Didn't do it with the last one, I think Audi like to keep a little bit of distance between the TTRS and RS3, I don't think the facelift will officially get the same power hike as the TTRS I reckon it will be around 380

Maybe. Although they're bound to want to take the crown back from the Merc A45.

If they do offer this i think it may be towards the end of the current cars life as run out models & to draw in a few more sales before the brand new car kicks in.

The FL will have the new lighter engine & no doubt 400bhp anyway so no need to offer an RS+ model.

So maybe in a couple of years time IMO.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm not sure they even want the BHP crown off merc, the RS3 is already a 390 bhp car and they always underrate their performance so I don't think they feel the need to chase numbers

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
I see your points,

however does a fast estate really need the extra 45bhp over the already ballistic RS6? it's a numbers game and in the case of the RS3 its about showcasing that they can produce the most powerful performance hatchback so I would be surprised if the new spec doesn't knock the merc off the top spot. Pub amo and bragging rights??

Snake - I think you are correct in terms of life cycle how far through the life cycle of the RS3 are we currently? As there are still options that the current RS3 was going to have but still haven't hit the brochure......for example Ceramic's (not that I would want them for everyday use)

I am curious as to what's planned for the RS3.

I see your points,

however does a fast estate really need the extra 45bhp over the already ballistic RS6? it's a numbers game and in the case of the RS3 its about showcasing that they can produce the most powerful performance hatchback so I would be surprised if the new spec doesn't knock the merc off the top spot. Pub amo and bragging rights??

Snake - I think you are correct in terms of life cycle how far through the life cycle of the RS3 are we currently? As there are still options that the current RS3 was going to have but still haven't hit the brochure......for example Ceramic's (not that I would want them for everyday use)

I am curious as to what's planned for the RS3.

i would imagine we will have the face lift for at least 3 years before we see a totally brand new car & platform.

Anyway we already know the RS3 is quicker & more powerful then the Merc.

The face lift is just gonna make the 400bhp official as the current cars are all circa that anyway :)

Reactions: Chilly
Anyway we already know the RS3 is quicker & more powerful then the Merc.

The face lift is just gonna make the 400bhp official as the current cars are all circa that anyway :)

Like it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin