RS3/RS5/old RS4/diesel S4 drag race

Riko0073

Reaction score
Little RS3 didn’t embarrass itself too much against the more expensive and more powerful RS5.

CarWow recording 12.4 1/4 mile so 0.1 better than its last race against the pre OPF RS3 which also recorded 12.4 1/4.....

Reactions: V6_Man
Little RS3 didn’t embarrass itself too much against the more expensive and more powerful RS5.

CarWow recording 12.4 1/4 mile so 0.1 better than its last race against the pre OPF RS3 which also recorded 12.4 1/4.....

Who would've thought a diesel S4 would outrace the V8 - very interesting!

Cue all the B7 fans crying in the comments that their car needs a decoke!

Reactions: Drewsus
To be fair the older RS4 did pretty well against the much newer S4, poor progress for the S4 and I reckon the previous petrol version would have performed better??

I've always said that Audi pitched the RS4/5 too close to the RS3 giving it 450hp. Only able to beat the 3 imho as it has about 100 more torques.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
B7 might have just been the slowest but I love the sound of that V8. S4 diesel no slouch is it.

B7 might have just been the slowest but I love the sound of that V8. S4 diesel no slouch is it.
Yes that V8 sounds amazing.

No S4 diesel definitely not slow really but a backward step from the previous petrol IMO.

Reactions: Terminator x and TYb
Yes that V8 sounds amazing.

No S4 diesel definitely not slow really but a backward step from the previous petrol IMO.

Will be interesting if the uptake on the diesel 4/5 will pay off, I know what you mean it’s not a positive step for an S car, should have been branded SD4.

Reactions: Riko0073
Did they ever do a FL vs PFL drag, or did anyone?

What's up with the Carwow times? I did an easy 11.9 secs on my Dragy last night on a completely normal road. 2017 RS3. Why don't they ever seem to be able to get anywhere near 12 secs?

My RS3 is also consistency slightly faster than a colleagues 2019 RS5. Does anyone else find Carwow's RS3 results out of whack with the real world?