RS3 Saloon or Sportback

I'll be looking at something like:

Floret Silver / BSP / Blackest wheels possible
Panther Black / ASP / Anthracite wheels
Ara Blue / BSP / Blackest wheels possible

As much as I'd love Daytona again, I think I should change!

Then options:

All black interior / Privacy glass
Virtual cockpit
Dynamic Pack (Sports exhaust etc)
Matrix LED Headlights incl. dynamic turn signals - front & rear
Heated electrically adjustable exterior mirrors with anti-glare action and kerb assist (I'm assuming these are folding)
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Interior light pack
Rear parking sensors

Nice to haves:

Panoramic glass roof
Engine cover with carbon trim
Inlays Carbon

The one thing that has annoyed me a bit is the seats. Compared to the TT and the R8 etc, the "Super Sports Seats" in the 8V across the board are a let down IMO. I have them in my S3, they are comfy, but they are no bucket / Recaro. So I'm toying with the idea of trying to source some Recaro buckets from the 8P, and just ordering the standard RS3 seats to swap them out.
I already know my spec and it won't have black Audi leather but rear and front parking sensors are standard on the car

I think the SB dude, but I would also like to see some more info on the Saloon especially the wheel options.

I love black, so I'm kind of biased, but for me the ASP only makes sense on either Mythos or Panther black. Nardo with ASP is barbaric :confounded:

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'll be looking at something like:

Floret Silver / BSP / Blackest wheels possible

Well I defo approve of your 1st possible colour choice :)

wheels, glass, styling pack, mirrors etc - contrasts ace against the floret :sunglasses:

Reactions: Scottyg and Jassyo06
Are you thinking saloon or SB Tom?

I'd like to see more pictures of the FL with BSP, personally I'm not feeling the Aluminium trim but most of the press pictures seem to have it.

To be honest none are really floating my boat,the BSP....is really a rip off at £900 a lick of paint on the lower front bumper plus the window surrounds in black,the rear valance remains the same with it or without the BSP....I like the Matt aluminium on the front but not on the rear...probably do neither keep the money for some other option...alloy choice? l do like the diamond cut wheels from the RS3 Saloon,better looking than rotors which don't/wont suit the saloon

Real shame about the lack of Sepang. I'd love to have seen the FL with Bp in the colour. Not sure about the Ara.

For new RS3 money with a few select options you can have a used C7.5 RS6/7 with more standard equipment than similar extras on your new RS3, no contest.[/QUOTE

With extremely high running costs and besides that not everyone needs/wants are a car that size?

Real shame about the lack of Sepang. I'd love to have seen the FL with Bp in the colour. Not sure about the Ara.
Agree. Ara blue is a bit too wishy washy for me.

Reactions: Radman
Having procrastinated and missed out last time, I will be getting a Sportback.
My S3 was too new at the time and I couldn't bring myself to make the change. It has still only done 17k miles. It will be 4 by the time that the RS3 SB deliveries start later this year which is perfect for me.
I'm thinking Ara Blue (maybe Navarra if I am feeling flush)
Black Styling Pack
Not sure on wheel choice
Supersports Seats
Matrix Headlights
Virtual Cockpit
Privacy Glass
Hill Hold
Folding & Dimming Mirrors
B&O
Interior Lighting
Sports Exhaust
Dynamic Ride

Reactions: dno_uk and Scottyg
The RS4 will be about NZD30-50K more than a highly spec'ed RS3 SB FL for similar spec in NZ, quite a different ballpark. Not to mention, for me, I am looking forward to returning to a hot hatch. Driving a BMW F30 335i M Performance (360hp) currently, love it, but I am a hot hatch guy at heart....

A sensible discussion has landed.
See what happens when some keep out........

Agree it's a shame on the seat situation, thought they might have offered a bucket option.
Had buckets on my RS5 and they really make the interior a special place, plus they hold you in in a way the SuperSports can't get close to.
Something I'd always spec.

Hopefully the U.K. gets a couple of extra colour options, not much of excitement there, might force a few down the expensive colour choice route.

V Spokes are a must!

I love the look of the supersports seats but I must admit I've been struggling to get comfortable!

A sensible discussion has landed.
See what happens when some keep out........

Agree it's a shame on the seat situation, thought they might have offered a bucket option.
Had buckets on my RS5 and they really make the interior a special place, plus they hold you in in a way the SuperSports can't get close to.
Something I'd always spec.

Hopefully the U.K. gets a couple of extra colour options, not much of excitement there, might force a few down the expensive colour choice route.

V Spokes are a must!

Finally we can talk about this awesome FL car.
I'm still set on the saloon but I'm waiting to see more pics of the SB in other colours.

I take it the black styling pack isn't free? Does it come with chrome as standard?

I'm thinking red or black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally we can talk about this awesome FL car.
I'm still set on the saloon but I'm waiting to see more pics of the SB in other colours.

I take it the black styling pack isn't free? Does it come with chrome as standard?

I'm thinking red or black

Black styling package is around a£1000 as is the matt aluminium package

Black styling package is around a£1000 as is the matt aluminium package

So I take it the chrome is standard? And the rear diffuser is chrome as standard?

So I take it the chrome is standard? And the rear diffuser is chrome as standard?

both look good ...

2017 Audi RS3 Sedan front three quarters rendering

Gallery 1475156314 audi rs3 sedan 2017 1600 02

Reactions: Splathead, Tom_L and Jassyo06

It'll likely be the same as the pre-FL car. Alu and black styling packs both a cost option. It'd be the black pack all day long for my money. It just looks sportier.

Reactions: dno_uk
That first picture looks very good, great wheels too.

Agreed ... I've always preferred black pack over the alu but in that picture the alu does look superb.
The alloys also look great but suspect they may not see light on the final car.

Photos can be so deceiving. There's a photo on here somewhere of an RS3 saloon that looks unbelievably plain, with big wheel arch gaps and inset wheels.

I am happy with the supersports seats in my S3 and will specify them again. I find them comfortable on long journeys and just about supportive enough in the corners. I just wish that they could be had with a leather/Alcantara combo like with other cars in the RS3 range.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I am happy with the supersports seats in my S3 and will specify them again. I find them comfortable on long journeys and just about supportive enough in the corners. I just wish that they could be had with a leather/Alcantara combo like with other cars in the RS3 range.

Agreed I love the SSS too.
Perfect combo of support & style.
Buckets no good for long journeys.

Agreed I love the SSS too.
Perfect combo of support & style.
Buckets no good for long journeys.

Which buckets have you had experience of?
The buckets in the RS5 (and in my Megane) are Recaro Sportster CS and are perfect for long journeys, no problem at all.
I've also had Recaro Pole Positions and, I'd agree that they aren't probably comfortable for long journeys, but these are more track buckets than road ones IMO.

I do think,and this isn't intended as being abusive towards anyone, that larger framed people might not find buckets comfortable.
I'm by no means skin and bones and I find the Sportster the perfect seat for a road car and just the kind of seat cars that target high quality handling package should have.
A good seat and seating position makes immeasurable difference to the driving experience.

Last edited:
Which buckets have you had experience of?
The buckets in the RS5 (and in my Megane) are Recaro Sportster CS and are perfect for long journeys, no problem at all.
I've also had Recaro Pole Positions and, I'd agree that they aren't probably comfortable for long journeys, but these are more track buckets than road ones IMO.

I do think,and this isn't intended as being abusive towards anyone, that larger framed people might not find buckets comfortable.
I'm by no means skin and bones and I find the Sportster the perfect seat for a road car and just the kind of seat cars that target high quality handling package should have.
A good seat and seating position makes immeasurable difference to the driving experience.

Like you say Craig seating is very personal & individual based on body shape.

The RS5 seats do look like a good compromise of support & comfort too to be fair and yeah maybe I'm thinking more of the race type buckets with fixed sides like on the old mark 1 TT Quattro sport.

I genuinely do find the super sports seats to be great though. Loved em in the S5 and find them slightly better again in the RS3. They feel moderately firmer on the base & visually with the perforated diamond quilting they look great too. A worthy £600 note upgrade imo. Just miss the electric control from the S5, that was nice.