RS3 Saloon or Sportback

Oh dear the FL haters are out again!
Only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....there will be no hatchback....there will be no hatchback......there will be no hatchback.
Computer controlled has programmed me beep beep beep!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Funny thing is though, all this silly F/L hatch talk has been going on for over a year... all the TDI dreamers telling us how our cars are the old model etc etc lol - and I don't think it's ever been more unlikely than it is right now!

If you go to page 1 of the "No RS3 orders being taken" thread everyone was giving me a hard time for stating you wouldn't see a F/L RS3 on the road in 2016, how wrong I was though as you won't even see one in 2017^ :tearsofjoy:

TX.

^ in the UK

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Oh dear the FL haters are out again!
Only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....there will be no hatchback....there will be no hatchback......there will be no hatchback.
Computer controlled has programmed me beep beep beep!!

Well I'm clearly new around here. I'm kind of surprised how defensive some people are about a facelift coming.

I have no idea whether one is coming or not, but I've been keeping an eye on it and my dealer says there is one coming. From a logical point of view, it would seem strange for Audi to have not RS3 SB in market for so many years. From an engineering point of view, it would not seem unreasonable to expect the SB facelift could piggyback off the saloon.

Time will tell I guess, I hope it does come through!

One is a new car, needs more testing. The other is a facelift, not so much.
Nonsense that. You saw the photos of the F/L S3 on the Nurburgring on test months before the car was released. No signs of a F/L SB RS3 to date. Order books are closed for the SB. It's not the Audi configurator. You can't even express your interest in the SB by post...
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what's what does it lol?

If you go to page 1 of the "No RS3 orders being taken" thread everyone was giving me a hard time for stating you wouldn't see a F/L RS3 on the road in 2016, how wrong I was though as you won't even see one in 2017^ :tearsofjoy:

TX.

^ in the UK
The funny thing is though, the same people are on about the same thing one year on!

Well I'm clearly new around here. I'm kind of surprised how defensive some people are about a facelift coming.

I have no idea whether one is coming or not, but I've been keeping an eye on it and my dealer says there is one coming. From a logical point of view, it would seem strange for Audi to have not RS3 SB in market for so many years. From an engineering point of view, it would not seem unreasonable to expect the SB facelift could piggyback off the saloon.

So it's "defensive" if someone questions what you are saying yet everyone else is free to speculate about this fabled face lift RS3 hatch until the cows come home despite there being no evidence of it coming at all? Sounds fair :tonguewink:

TX.

I think if you've been on here for a while you would understand why people seem defensive.
You get a lot of people who would give their right arm for an 8V RS3 but spend their time criticising the model, calling it old etc.
It's been going on for over a year. I'm certainly one for fighting my corner (seeing as it's the RS3 8V forum lol) but mostly I just find it funny!

Reactions: Radman

TX.

^ in the UK

The situation has changed though, hasn't it? We now have a saloon announced, with many aspects to it that could easily be incorporated in a facelift? No SB being announced (yet) is to keep the attention on the saloon for the NA and AP markets?

I just say keep an open mind, and not be so defensive. What I have been told is orders may be opening up in January, and my dealer has assured me that they have been told recently that a new SB is coming. Like Europe, hatches are very important in the New Zealand market. So Audi New Zealand would have an issue if there was no SB in the market as it's unlikely the saloon would sell as well here -- hence their keen interest in the SB becoming available.

@JonoNZ you are entitled to your opinion fella as am I. There is no evidence of one coming which some of us have been "discussing" for at least 9 months! You'll excuse us for being a tad battle weary ;)

TX.

@JonoNZ you are entitled to your opinion fella as am I. There is no evidence of one coming which some of us have been "discussing" for at least 9 months! You'll excuse us for being a tad battle weary ;)

TX.

All good, cheers!

Not sure there is no evidence, though. I know dealers can be unreliable, but I do trust mine (we just took delivery of a new Q7), and there is a report from South Africa too I believe.

I do agree though, if it's to come in the near future we should expect some kind of official announcement in the next couple of months or the chances of it appearing must be diminishing...which would be a shame! :)

When I see one at the ring I'll go quietly :dizzy:

TX.

Funnily enough my local dealer in Auckland NZ said they had a dealer update last week about the facelift RS3 Sportback, they said to expect before the saloon. Who knows? I hope he's right as I'm keen on the facelift Sportback.

Welcome JonoNZ, try not to take offence at some of the responses, it's nothing personal, just the way some are programmed.
Generally any mention of the facelift will be jumped upon by a few current owners who, although they aren't actually bothered by any news of a facelift, as they'll have had their cars for almost two or three years by the time it arrives, must spend 75% of their time on here posting in denial about it ever happening, about it not being as good, or as noisy, etc, etc.
If you want a more reasoned discussion try the S3 forum.

Welcome JonoNZ, try not to take offence at some of the responses, it's nothing personal, just the way some are programmed.
Generally any mention of the facelift will be jumped upon by a few current owners who, although they aren't actually bothered by any news of a facelift, as they'll have had their cars for almost two or three years by the time it arrives, must spend 75% of their time on here posting in denial about it ever happening, about it not being as good, or as noisy, etc, etc.

'Tearsofjoy' 'tearsofjoy' 'tearsofjoy'

I'm banned from discussing the hatchback even though I'm ordering a saloon and the topic of this thread is sportback v saloon.

If I was to comment on it though I would firstly like to welcome jonoNZ and say that I've heard the same as yourself that it will be here before the saloon but you didn't hear that from me.......right : )

Love you TX

Hi Craig. Has the Renault forum gone down or something?

Reactions: Jassyo06
It's a love fest in here RVP!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Anyone seen the TTRS has been put on hold? Seems the new AC unit causes the car not to meet emissions standards or something, not sure if it will also affect the RS3 saloon but Audi website is saying they are just going to sell off existing stock for now which equates to whatever can be registered by the end of the year (to meet current emissions) and the number is only around 300 units.

I'd heard a rumour but is this absolutely definite? If so, where can I find the info?

It's on all the forums, and if you go on the Audi official site and click to find out more info about the TTRS then at the bottom in small print it has a vague confirmation of it

Got ya. If that is true then, I'll be well and truly pi**ed with Audi...constant delays on models, no keeping prospective owners updated. This was supposed to be ready to order back in August. Considering I had a deposit down and confirmed order form from my dealer back in April for a new RS3 which was then cancelled two days later by Audi due to the production stop, I'm close to being done with the brand.

It will go into production no doubt but only when they get the AC unit sorted to meet the new regs, the downside of course is that orders will have been pushed back, I'd say also that any prospective FL RS3 would suffer with parts being prioritised to the TTRS and Saloon to catch up production slots

Latest rumour is engine availability issues :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Audi would really do themselves some favours with some honest comms. If there is an engine supply problem or whatever, why not say so and stop all the wild rumours.
I guess we'd all be interested to know whethere it's engine components, ability to make enough engines, or some problems with the engine. But just an acknowledgement of the reason for the delays would be nice.

Reactions: Terminator x
cc03954a3e6680ec6497e679691638ce.jpg

Great colour but those wheels!!

TX.

cc03954a3e6680ec6497e679691638ce.jpg

Any A3/S3/RS3 looks stunning in Nogaro Blue in a showroom....As for the wheels?far better looking than rotors as that's the Default/standard alloys on it,anyways why is this car in a showroom...when its released date is a year away.....

Reactions: billyali86
Any A3/S3/RS3 looks stunning in Nogaro Blue in a showroom....As for the wheels?far better looking than rotors as that's the Default/standard alloys on it

I think it's Ara blue, I'm not so keen on the wheels but I think in person this will look awesome

Looks good.
Wheels certainly not as good as V Spokes, but a marked improvement on rotors.

This time next year Rodney....

Meanwhile, I've been driving around a multi storey with a grin on my face. The noise.

Reactions: Vins, Ozmosis and Terminator x