RS3 Saloon or Sportback

Some de-badged RS3 Saloons

IMG 4558

IMG 4556

IMG 4555

IMG 4563

Reactions: Jassyo06, Tom_L and CraigI
They look so plain. Why didn't they make it look more squat like the M2? Those rear wheels need spacers on urgently.

I'm cool with those saloon pics. A small drop, possibly some spacers and that will look just fine.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The early indicators are that the RS3 saloon will be around £44-46k base and then by Audi's own quotes another 20% spent on options like sport + optic packs, ss seats, pano roof, paint, B&O or connect. So that would take it to early to mid £50's without even looking at things like ceramic brakes, buckets, exclusive paint etc. Like Radman said I doubt they'll do a saloon and s/b together, it has been done before with the B7 RS4 but not since.

New RS4 if going by M3/4 + C63 prices will likely be £60k+ base plus option so easy to get that into the £70's without trying too hard.

Reactions: Ozmosis
At least the wheels on the orange one look better than those on the RS3 at the Paris motorshow!

As for price, I would assume the competition is the A45 and CLA45, or even the C43. A basic CLA45 is about £43k with room for about %10 discount. A quick go on Orangwheels has a basic CLA at a smidge over £39k. They also have the basic C43 at less than £43k, and a fully loaded A45 at £44k. Bearing in mind the basic RS3 SB was just under £40k, I'd be surprised if a basic RS3 is any more than £43k - £44k. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking!

The SB will be slightly cheaper when it's launched (before saloon) and I expect Audi will sell more SB's than saloon (dealers prediction).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SB will be slightly cheaper when it's launched (before saloon) and I expect Audi will sell more SB's than saloon (dealers prediction).

He he... as if you'll see a new SB for at least a few years:tearsofjoy:
RVP, it's time to give it up mate!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Terminator x
He he... as if you'll see a new SB for at least a few years:tearsofjoy:
RVP, it's time to give it up mate!

I've got my money down on the saloon.....that's for the people on here getting the SB

Reactions: ice_cube99
I thought they'd already ruled out a black series A class but did say they would do a 'street fighter' special edition which this may be, a lightened stripped out A class is what I think they said.
Imagine either the A45 or the RS3 stripped down under the 1300kg bracket, you'd end up with a serious weapon on yhe road.
In an interview with the AMG head when the A45 first came out he said engine wise nothing was ruled out for it including the 6.2 from the C63!! Imagine that, but decided to go with the 2.0 litre that is more or less in the C63s albeit two of them strapped together

Why would Mercedes go and use a 5-litre engine when all there new AMG models (including the GT) use a 4 litre one??

Don't know I haven't asked them

Don't know I haven't asked them

So where did the 'rumour' of the 5 litre come from when even the article says about an upgraded version of the 2 litre 4-cylinder engine?

From one of the many articles on google but as I said it is 'rumoured ' at this stage so take that with a pinch of salt. I'm sticking with the new saloon RS3 but I'm sure this will be a nice motor.

The new RS3......mmmm

Reactions: Splathead, Jassyo06, RicoS3 and 1 other person
Roofrails = Sportback.
I'm surprised that there have been no comments about this image..... Photoshop or genuine....?

It looks genuine and I'm sure the people waiting on the sportback will be impressed. I'm sure we will see more shots soon though.

Why would Mercedes go and use a 5-litre engine when all there new AMG models (including the GT) use a 4 litre one??
For the US market.
Unfortunately there are many in the US who have not moved with the times and appreciating that the small engines are producing more! They still want the cubic inches! This is borne out in the SLK - the model with the 5L V8 is a big seller. When the new one came out this year with only a V6, but quicker, the die hards were committing hari-kari. I bet MB have some capacity still left on their old V8 line so the best place to offload them is the US.

Reactions: Ozmosis
Seems like the dealer is trying to keep your interest levels up. Different if Audi themselves announced it. Take it with a pinch of salt, but hopefully for you it's correct.

I'm getting the saloon but it's simply for the people waiting for the hatch

No hatch :tearsofjoy: you all missed the boat ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman and ComputerControlled
Reactions: Radman
Hey that's just for the people waiting on news.....I understand that you guys with the old model find change hard but you need to move with the times 'Tearsofjoy'
Saloon for me baby!

what are we expecting with a facelift? If going by the S3 id say slight power hike to around 380bhp? I know the A45 is around the same but Audi never really have been bhp chasers like merc, the virtual cockpit, some style tweaks on front bumper maybe the Lighter engine?
All good things but not enough for me to break open the piggy bank, I just hope it's not like the pre and post facelift A45 situation! I understand we can't all chase the latest Thing but merc really did a number on pre facelift owners lol

Hey that's just for the people waiting on news.....I understand that you guys with the old model find change hard but you need to move with the times 'Tearsofjoy'
Saloon for me baby!

I'm really not bothered either way. Old one, new one, saloon one, SB one... blah blah blah. The only car that matters to me right now is my utterly beautiful 8V parked on my drive.

And I find it funny that there are envious people on here - blatantly full of hot air - trying to wind up those who are lucky enough to own one, just out of jealousy.

Keep drooling over those photos!

One day... you never know!

Saloon will be 400 horses or so with virtual dash etc however it is at least 12 months away, in the UK, if not 18 imho. By that time mine will be 2.5 years old so perhaps that was the plan from Audi all along :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Radman
what are we expecting with a facelift? If going by the S3 id say slight power hike to around 380bhp? I know the A45 is around the same but Audi never really have been bhp chasers like merc, the virtual cockpit, some style tweaks on front bumper maybe the Lighter engine?
All good things but not enough for me to break open the piggy bank, I just hope it's not like the pre and post facelift A45 situation! I understand we can't all chase the latest Thing but merc really did a number on pre facelift owners lol

If a sportback FL does come (I'm now doubtful) then it would surely have the new 400ps engine.

Saloon will be 400 horses or so with virtual dash etc however it is at least 12 months away, in the UK, if not 18 imho. By that time mine will be 2.5 years old so perhaps that was the plan from Audi all along :tearsofjoy:

TX.

I'm sure it is the plan and I'm saving up as much as I can for a big deposit when it does arrive!

I reckon by the time a FL SB arrives it will be using flux capacitors......

Reactions: ComputerControlled and Terminator x
Seems like the dealer is trying to keep your interest levels up. Different if Audi themselves announced it. Take it with a pinch of salt, but hopefully for you it's correct.

Funnily enough my local dealer in Auckland NZ said they had a dealer update last week about the facelift RS3 Sportback, they said to expect before the saloon. Who knows? I hope he's right as I'm keen on the facelift Sportback.

Reactions: WarwickL
What's the hold up? Why no testing at the ring? Saloon has been seen etc a good 12-18 months ahead of being orderable...

TX.

Funnily enough my local dealer in Auckland NZ said they had a dealer update last week about the facelift RS3 Sportback, they said to expect before the saloon. Who knows? I hope he's right as I'm keen on the facelift Sportback.

Yeah that's what my dealer said it would be released before the saloon so I'm hoping to be ordering my saloon around June 17 and hoping to take delivery end of 2017.
Hatch should be on the road before this.

Yeah that's what my dealer said it would be released before the saloon so I'm hoping to be ordering my saloon around June 17 and hoping to take delivery end of 2017.

RVP strikes again with his head full of daydreams...

Reactions: Terminator x and Radman

I've got a feeling that you won't see the RS3 in hatch form at any point in the future. Saloon only model I reckon, going forward.
My missus got some correspondence from Audi, with a form included to express your interest in current / forthcoming models... no mention of the RS3 SB, only a mention for the RS3 saloon in forthcoming models. All the other F/L models were on there, including S3.
Feel lucky that I got my SB when I did, at the price it was. The saloon doesn't interest me, it's a budget RS4 - it's just not got that iconic 3 series hatch design IMO.
The RS3 for those who missed the boat...

Reactions: Terminator x and Radman
I've got a feeling that you won't see the RS3 in hatch form at any point in the future. Saloon only model I reckon, going forward.
My missus got some correspondence from Audi, with a form included to express your interest in current / forthcoming models... no mention of the RS3 SB, only a mention for the RS3 saloon in forthcoming models. All the other F/L models were on there, including S3.
Feel lucky that I got my SB when I did, at the price it was. The saloon doesn't interest me, it's a budget RS4 - it's just not got that iconic 3 series hatch design IMO.
The RS3 for those who missed the boat...
Bang on point. Too many people ummed and ahhed and missed the opportunity when it was there. I'll admit I was close to holding off and waiting for a FL but I'm so glad I didn't. Like you said, people don't associate a saloon with an RS3, no doubt they will look nice but historically as with the S3 in the UK the hatch has always held on to its value better than the saloon. Anyway, what underground car park can I burble through today.....

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Oh dear the FL haters are out again!
Only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....only talk of the saloon from now on....there will be no hatchback....there will be no hatchback......there will be no hatchback.
Computer controlled has programmed me beep beep beep!!

Saloon is quieter too, you can(t) hear it on the vid clips.

TX.