RS3 saloon

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
i heard from an Audi Head of Business today that's currently at the A4/R8 launch in Barcelona and he tells me that the RS3 saloon is coming late 2016/early 2017..

He also mentioned a 400hp/950nm 4.0 TDI SQ7, as well as a 3.8 0-60 TTRs :)

Excellent. See what its like then maybe swap summer 2017.

Hopefully we will of found a house by then and I'll have one myself :) .. Always said the rs3 should of been a saloon

Reactions: Brett Butler
I really like the look of the current one but can understand why some may want to wait for the saloon, if it arrives of course ;) How will they keep it and the RS4 apart though?

TX.

4.0 TDI SQ7 probably 428hp
RS3 saloon was confirmed for USA, buy i think will be global.

Still don't rate the saloon shape of the 8V!

The RS3 always has been and should remain firmly a hatchback in my mind!

But each to their own I guess! :)

Reactions: RGBARGEE, DommyR, Daniel McCormick and 2 others
Gonna start saving now!! :yahoo:

Reactions: RYuill
I really like the look of the current one but can understand why some may want to wait for the saloon, if it arrives of course ;) How will they keep it and the RS4 apart though?

TX.

What would be interesting ...... if Audi switched the RS3 to saloon after the A3 facelift, then keep the new RS4 as Avant.

More differentiation that A-level maths :)

Reactions: Ozmosis
I was thinking this point to myself. Glad I am not the only one!

Reactions: xBox
I waited long enough for an RS3 Saloon, and given up, just replaced my S3 with GLA AMG, more fool Audi for waiting so long. I think the S3 Saloon is a stunning looking car inside and out, and should have been in a saloon

I waited long enough for an RS3 Saloon, and given up, just replaced my S3 with GLA AMG, more fool Audi for waiting so long. I think the S3 Saloon is a stunning looking car inside and out, and should have been in a saloon

Audi must revise their new model traditional schedule. First the competition is much more agile, they show some new car then just a couple of months later you see them everywhere, while Audi takes at least six months to put the car on the streets, it was like that with the last TT. Second, the RS models still takes too long into the lifecycle of their respective model. When they are launched, most of the time its too near from the facelift. You pay very very expensive for a car that's about to be outdated. AMG had time to revamp the CLA 45 so by the time the RS3 reached the dealers it was already behind in terms of firepower. Now the Sedan version is waaay too late, the car interior is starting to look a little bit dated and the competition is very well estabilished. I personally am waiting for the saloon, but the lack of any real sign when its comming made me lose the interest for the car. I can have a 381 CLA 45 very soon.... or a used M3 or even better, a used C63.
Wake up Audi, your halo line up is not that halo anymore.

A RS3 Saloon facelift (wider) + TT RS motor upgrade + A4 tech upgrade would be the only thing that could make me regret going to M2. But I think that is faaaaar away. Audi is really slow with car upgrades.

And they made it in May-2014!! simply fix that overdone back, put new TT RS motor, A4 front and tech, 19" wheels, remove that stick... and you got it!.

header1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Finally... asport replies with a likeable post. Lol.

They really could have released both a sportback and saloon version at same time...tech has always been there and why on earth even make the clubsport model, get everyone's hopes up then simply not do it!???.. hopefully 1day it will arrive. :)

I really want to see an S3 Coupe.

Why not just get an S5...? A smaller version would look worse and be less practical IMO....the rear is small enough!

TT with 4 doors - no, although I think Audi maybe gonna build a 5 door TT in the future I have read somewhere? The thing with saloons is that the sportiness dissappears completely somehow? I have driven and compared a45amg with cla amg and also s3 sportback with s3 saloon and the outcome is the same! The sportiness, sound, feeling and so on is totally different and not as good and lively as in sportback and a45, very strange I must say, don't really understand but the cuope's doesn't feel good. I like the look of the coupe's but after driving them, big no.

Usually because the boot is sealed and further back in the car on the saloon so sound deadens the exhaust more. Found same on my b7 rs4 nothing a miltek didn't sort lol and rs3 with sports exhaust should be no bother. I love a saloon

Usually because the boot is sealed and further back in the car on the saloon so sound deadens the exhaust more. Found same on my b7 rs4 nothing a miltek didn't sort lol and rs3 with sports exhaust should be no bother. I love a saloon

Ok, so you fixed the sound :rock: but what about for instance magnetic ride and feeling overall. I feldt that it was totally different cars in steering, damping and so on although they had the same mods. It also feels that a car producer like for instance Porsche which only has coup'e models in 911 segment can build it more proper from the beginning.

No idea bud not driven the s3 saloon or the merc only b7 rs4 in avant and loon.

Only a theory on the reduced noise in a saloon sorry

Oh and the rs4 saloon didn't feel much different but it had drc not mag ride. If anything the saloon felt more stable
Poss lower cog and so less effect on the weight transfer without the big ***

The thought of the sportback being less sporty than the saloon? :eek: Nuts!

In my opinion, based on times of old, if you wanted a fast saloon you bought the S4/RS4. If you wanted a fast coupe the S5/RS5!

The introduction of the S3/RS3 as a saloon is purely a European based marketing tactic used to exploit the high emission based vehicle road tax and ever increasing cost of petrol/fuel tax over here that mean more of the population do not wish to spend the their money on the larger displacement engines in the S4+ but still want performance with saloon practicality!

But like I said, each to their own likes and desires! Everybody is different in the end :) None of this detracts from the fact that the S3 saloon looks good - but everyone has an opinion in the end!

My dealer thinks if it does get released then it will be 2017 earliest..

I wonder if they would sell both hatch-back and saloon versions at the same time for models that will only sell in low numbers.
Having both selling at the same time would mean that they would compete for the same customers.
Resulting in a halving their sales for one model.

Even if they attracted some new customers wanting a saloon bodied version it wont be in that greater numbers to keep customers wanting the hatchback as well.

Rumour has it that our version may stop getting built soon which paves the way for a RS3 saloon in the future with no internal competition.

TX.

Reactions: ascottr, XPOWER and RGBARGEE
Can't see them ditching the SB to only sell the Saloon version personally.

The S3 sells in both forms - I think having both available captures more buyers.

The whole point of the MQB platform means they can do this very easily. The main chassis of the car is identical. Front wider arches will be same on both cars. Rear diffuser is only bit slightly different possibly. Underneath drive train is same as RS3 SB.

Rumour has it that our version may stop getting built soon which paves the way for a RS3 saloon in the future with no internal competition.

TX.

I was watching this random vlog and it says that the order books have now closed on the RS3 (skip to 1:50).

So it might be more than just a rumour.

I would be happy if you couldn't order anymore. Less on the road

Reactions: RGBARGEE