RS3 Sedan and FL SB availability in NZ confirmed

JonoNZ

Reaction score
Just received this from my dealer today -- Audi dealer bulletin. RS3 Sedan arriving April 2017 with the FL SB in 3rd quarter 2017 - confirmed.

I also was sent an order form for the sedan, though I will hang out for the SB.

Also pricing and options confirmed. Sedan starts at NZD$106,000 -- see attached.

Attachments

• ADB 16-60 - New RS3 Sedan.pdf 2016-12-13 15-40-38.jpg
    ADB 16-60 - New RS3 Sedan.pdf 2016-12-13 15-40-38.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • RS 3 SD Spec MY17 13 Dec 2016.pdf
    128 KB · Views: 672
Reactions: Buzz73, Splathead, jimojameso and 1 other person
Nice info. Loaded spec as the TTRS. Although different spec in different countries. Of course a SB was expected as usually and everytime before but now confirmed so everyone knowes it.

Nothing loaded up there mentions the SB ;) just stating facts before the usual suspects crucify me.

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and ComputerControlled
I see what you mean there. The order form for the Sedan must definitely mean that the SB is 100% confirmed...:tearsofjoy:

Nothing loaded up there mentions the SB ;) just stating facts before the usual suspects crucify me.

TX.
What? Apart from the opening paragraph which mentioned the SB is due third quarter. This from an official Audi Dealer Bulletin. Come on, what more confirmation do you need?

Reactions: deanshaw24, jimojameso, CraigI and 1 other person
I see what you mean there. The order form for the Sedan must definitely mean that the SB is 100% confirmed...:tearsofjoy:
You guys really are in denial....unbelievable. I suspect even when customers are driving around in the new FL SB you still won't believe it. :)

You're the same guys that reckon the sedan/saloon won't be here until 2018, is delayed, there are engine problems and god knows what else. Now we know deliveries for the sedan start in April 2017. Initial order allocation has been made to dealers. Facts.

Reactions: deanshaw24, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 2 others
PDF First Paragraph said:
We will launch in April with the Sedan, followed by the Sportback in the third quarter
Seems pretty straight forward to me. IF they stick to the release schedule.

Reactions: JonoNZ
You guys really are in denial....unbelievable. I suspect even when customers are driving around in the new FL SB you still won't believe it. :)

You're the same guys that reckon the sedan/saloon won't be here until 2018, is delayed, there are engine problems and god knows what else. Now we know deliveries for the sedan start in April 2017. Initial order allocation has been made to dealers. Facts.
I'm not in denial. SB may well arrive here. In 2020. After the Sedan in 2019.
:tearsofjoy:

Tbf I didn't see that bit so go easy on me :tearsofjoy: I wish you all the best with your wait.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Our comments re the saloon deliveries have always been based on the UK not worldwide before you pile in.

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Great news. But probably a year too late for me. I need to change my car imminently.

Why do peeps still push this matter....when,where,if,but....proof is in the pudding....ie when its available to order and you ordered one...its like Beatlemania/Hysteria Ps....the Saloons the better looking car and always has been

The key word being 'denial' and throw 'jealous' into the mix too and you have a lovely bottle of potion labelled 'haters'
'Tearsofjoy' TX

The key word being 'denial' and throw 'jealous' into the mix too and you have a lovely bottle of potion labelled 'haters'
'Tearsofjoy' TX
Jealous? Really? Come on, RVP!
Kettle & pot comes to mind!

Ha ha what am I jealous of? By the time it gets here I could "upgrade" anyway *** after having driven mine for 2.5 years. Bore off you idiots.

TX.

Reactions: Radman and Buzz73
Ha ha what am I jealous of? By the time it gets here I could "upgrade" anyway *** after having driven mine for 2.5 years. Bore off you idiots.

TX.

Yeah, I can't imagine you are jealous at all. And as you say you've enjoyed owning a fantastic car for that time.

We're just excited that a few more will get the opportunity to own a fantastic fun car too.

Reactions: Buzz73
I think we can all share a bit of blame on this one. Those who crucified people for hoping/believing a FL SB RS3 would ever happen, and the believers for thinking Audi actually care about their (potential) customers enough to keep them updated on and/or delivering their cars when expected (think TTRS and the numerous delays).

From cancelling my confirmed RS3 order and deposit after two days because of the production stop earlier in the year, to them delaying the TTRS and the lack of news on the FL RS3, they have well and truly alienated me, to the point that I'll probably move away from the VAG Group altogether.

Reactions: Radman
I think we can all share a bit of blame on this one. Those who crucified people for hoping/believing a FL SB RS3 would ever happen, and the believers for thinking Audi actually care about their (potential) customers enough to keep them updated on and/or delivering their cars when expected (think TTRS and the numerous delays).

From cancelling my confirmed RS3 order and deposit after two days because of the production stop earlier in the year, to them delaying the TTRS and the lack of news on the FL RS3, they have well and truly alienated me, to the point that I'll probably move away from the VAG Group altogether.

I hear what you are saying but does this news not pull you back to Audi and ordering the RS3 SB in a few months?
I can't wait to see the saloon and SB side by side!!

I just hope they fit different brakes to the the new cars.

The wavy discs are $hit 100% fact & it is not acceptable if Audi fit those to the face lifts.

So many owners are complaining of brake squal & judder ... & the only way to cure it appears to be to fit after market parts and void your warranty.

Reactions: Swipe18
I see you're not one to learn from your mistakes. You called a facelift RS3 early 2016 and now you're calling it early 2017 :tearsofjoy:

TX.

I see you're not one to learn from your mistakes. You called a facelift RS3 early 2016 and now you're calling it early 2017 :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Mar 18 before any SB's will be seen on the road, at the earliest.
You heard it here first

I hear what you are saying but does this news not pull you back to Audi and ordering the RS3 SB in a few months?
I can't wait to see the saloon and SB side by side!!
My lease is up shortly. I could extend for 6 months but there's no way you'd trust Audi with their launch dates.

TX.

Yes.....within the next few months for ordering if you put you're glasses on and read my last post again.

I think the saloon will be more popular than the SB as it looks mean! I doubt the wavy brakes will be standard but we should start to see the full uk specs over the coming months.

Good move from Audi to release both the saloon and SB as that will match the merc A45 saloon and SB but this was to be expected.

Here is the second page of that Audi Dealer Bulletin, just in case anyone is interested on the specific timing of things in NZ. Note that it says DELIVERIES start in April 2017. Order books open NOW.

Attachments

• ADB 16-60 - New RS3 Sedan.pdf 2016-12-15 08-36-36.jpg
    ADB 16-60 - New RS3 Sedan.pdf 2016-12-15 08-36-36.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 434
I just hope they fit different brakes to the the new cars.

The wavy discs are $hit 100% fact & it is not acceptable if Audi fit those to the face lifts.

So many owners are complaining of brake squal & judder ... & the only way to cure it appears to be to fit after market parts and void your warranty.
Totally agree, to the point it has ruined the RS3 effect for me slightly. Its more of the hassel with audi trying to deal with it. And the judder is just unacceptable. I will wait and see whats on the next ones and how people get on. Im hoping there will be no upsets if i was to get another rs3 in the future.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Here is the second page of that Audi Dealer Bulletin, just in case anyone is interested on the specific timing of things in NZ. Note that it says DELIVERIES start in April 2017. Order books open NOW.

They might do it the other way around in the uk. SB first the saloon end of the year. Time will tell!

Hmm so Audi will probably get the SB facelift out here late next year possibly very early 2018 and then in 2018 merc will release the new A45 with which they will have a nice benchmark to get the A45 over ie the RS3 facelift.
Unless Audi are planning on screwing FL SB owners over considerably and releasing a mk3 RS3 to respond to the MK2 A45 less than a year after the FL comes out then it will mean merc will rule the roost for at least a couple of years.

Surprised Audi didn't wait till 2018 for the A45 mk2, Audi respond with the FL, merc release a FL A45, Audi respond again with the Mk3 RS3

My RS was in for service today, asked the guys from Audi what the situation is... said that there is still no news on the SB and the Sedan will be late 2017.

Hmm so Audi will probably get the SB facelift out here late next year possibly very early 2018 and then in 2018 merc will release the new A45 with which they will have a nice benchmark to get the A45 over ie the RS3 facelift.
Unless Audi are planning on screwing FL SB owners over considerably and releasing a mk3 RS3 to respond to the MK2 A45 less than a year after the FL comes out then it will mean merc will rule the roost for at least a couple of years.

There are a new coming SB and I haven't really thought anything else either. I was ready to order a BMW M235IX spring 2015 because everybody was telling me that the RS3 doesn't show up until earliest autumn that year but than it popped up from nowhere and we got a preserie of 19 cars which one of them is mine today and at the time I was on a vacation so got a little bit stressed but ordered it over phone and the rest is history. About the Merc I am saying they are gonna try to rule but it seems just that they are a little too late all the time and it looks always a little bit better/faster on the paper but in rl it isn't, looking back on history.

That's true although kudos to merc it's their first attempt at a hot hatch and they've really out the at amongst the pigeons, if they get the 4matic improved then performance wise the A45 would be a lot quicker on the strip. The sound is still a big draw for the RS3 though and the A45 could have 1000 bhp and never sound as good

Reactions: Swipe18
So, for those that are interested. Was in at my local audi yesterday talking to my sales guy. He said that their latest bulletin said that orders for the saloon will be next august starting at £47,500! And that there was no mention of a SB in it either so he said dont get ya hopes up for one here next year.
Just thought id say as ive noticed how soooo many of you like to argue over it. So theres some ammo Haha.

So, for those that are interested. Was in at my local audi yesterday talking to my sales guy. He said that their latest bulletin said that orders for the saloon will be next august starting at £47,500! And that there was no mention of a SB in it either so he said dont get ya hopes up for one here next year.
Just thought id say as ive noticed how soooo many of you like to argue over it. So theres some ammo Haha.
Easily solved, move to New Zealand. :)

Starting at 47k, I suppose that was as to be expected given the M2 with DCT is the same price yet with less power and crappy interior.

47k...wow.
August order and Early 18 delivery.

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Really does make me wonder why Audi would put this 'upgraded' engine in a FL SB? I mean would anyone really pay 7k extra for bit of a longer body? It's like BMW pricing the M240i 7k dearer than the M140i!
Unless Audi are going to stick a 44-45k price tag on the FL SB?!

Really does make me wonder why Audi would put this 'upgraded' engine in a FL SB? I mean would anyone really pay 7k extra for bit of a longer body? It's like BMW pricing the M240i 7k dearer than the M140i!
Unless Audi are going to stick a 44-45k price tag on the FL SB?!
It very may well be and should be a better car. But my oh my you're going to have to pay for it...
I'm glad I got mine when I did for a decent price. £50 odd k for a hatchback when specced. Nah.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and ComputerControlled