RS3 Sedan and FL SB availability in NZ confirmed

Listen mate, all joking aside I do hope it comes for you early as everyone needs to experience the RS3. Only caveat to that is that dealers will tell you anything to get your deposit and keep you hanging on in vain while keeping you out of the clutches of a possible purchase with BMW, Mercedes etc. Fact.
In that case, we are expecting it to be prem. Discussed with dealer and there is some expectation that it will be early third quarter for initial deliveries, possibly July or August.

Sounds good to me....waited long enough. The prices of used ones are mad atm! Had a look about at used ones and Audi want ridiculous money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you had one on order RVP:tearsofjoy:

Sportback owners in thinking the Sportback is the better looking.
Who'd have thunk it.

The heavier engine with reduced power will be better too..........

How was the TTRS Jassy?
Our dealer had a demo, but has just sold it so I missed out on a chance to drive.
I think they hid it round the back from you Craig... stop you wasting everyone's time:tearsofjoy:

Arriving late 2017 for the UK is still ages away unfortunately and could equate to deliveries to customers early 2018 ... & would you then wait for a March 18 plate rather than take the car in January ? ... I know I certainly would.

So that is a potential wait still @ over a year !!!!

I waited 6 months for mine and that was bad enough ... you Guys who have been waiting months already plus who are prepared to wait another 10 to 14 months you have more patience than me, 6 months was most certainly my limit ha ha :)

Arriving late 2017 for the UK is still ages away unfortunately and could equate to deliveries to customers early 2018 ... & would you then wait for a March 18 plate rather than take the car in January ? ... I know I certainly would.

So that is a potential wait still @ over a year !!!!

I waited 6 months for mine and that was bad enough ... you Guys who have been waiting months already plus who are prepared to wait another 10 to 14 months you have more patience than me, 6 months was most certainly my limit ha ha :)

What's the other option though?!

What's the other option though?!

If I was in the situation of wanting a new car right now, I guess I would have to consider the Merc A45 AMG or Audi S4 / S5.

But now actually owning an RS and a 5 cylinder at that, I do appreciate that it is a very unique car and if you can wait, then it is worth it as it is a joy to own & drive (& listen to lol) ... its just the drawn out waits Audi are generating are ridiculous.

If I was in the situation of wanting a new car right now, I guess I would have to consider the Merc A45 AMG or Audi S4 / S5.

But now actually owning an RS and a 5 cylinder at that, I do appreciate that it is a very unique car and if you can wait, then it is worth it as it is a joy to own & drive (& listen to lol) ... its just the drawn out waits Audi are generating are ridiculous.

I know that's the problem with Audi taking forever to release the car. Im prepared to wait as the merc does nothing for me tbh.

I know that's the problem with Audi taking forever to release the car. Im prepared to wait as the merc does nothing for me tbh.

At least if you order as soon as the order books open, you should stand a chance of getting one as early as possible.
If you are prepared to wait, then it will be worth it :yes:

I must also confess I was not that convinced on the Merc either - just from sitting in one & never even got as far as a test drive as the interior put me off.
So a S4 would likely be the car for me today ... or wait for the RS3 as you are doing.

Listen mate, all joking aside I do hope it comes for you early as everyone needs to experience the RS3. Only caveat to that is that dealers will tell you anything to get your deposit and keep you hanging on in vain while keeping you out of the clutches of a possible purchase with BMW, Mercedes etc. Fact.
The details are from Audi NZ in the Dealer Bulletin, it's not the dealer making this stuff up. Read for yourself ion the original post in this thread.

I'm only speaking for NZ. But South African and Australian media are reporting similar dates. The UK will likely be different, but you have to imagine that if there are RHD RS3 FL models available in other markets then the UK will pick it up as quickly as they can?

At least if you order as soon as the order books open, you should stand a chance of getting one as early as possible.
If you are prepared to wait, then it will be worth it :yes:

I must also confess I was not that convinced on the Merc either - just from sitting in one & never even got as far as a test drive as the interior put me off.
So a S4 would likely be the car for me today ... or wait for the RS3 as you are doing.

Yep that's the plan. I'm not to keen on the s4 as the screen is fixed on the dash just like the A45 merc and for me a backwards step for Audi.
I'm just hoping new info will be out soon to specify spec and release dates.

Yep that's the plan. I'm not to keen on the s4 as the screen is fixed on the dash just like the A45 merc and for me a backwards step for Audi.
I'm just hoping new info will be out soon to specify spec and release dates.

When I poped in to my local audi before christmas I was being shown the new S5, I mentioned the new afterthought looking stuck on screen same as the merc and he said all the new audis were going that way..... so I wouldnt be suprised if its in the new RS3's....

When I poped in to my local audi before christmas I was being shown the new S5, I mentioned the new afterthought looking stuck on screen same as the merc and he said all the new audis were going that way..... so I wouldnt be suprised if its in the new RS3's....
The RS3 sedan is retractable, so the SB will too.