RS3 Servicing Prices

Coil packs are £37 each

That’s a good pride, I got quoted £47 each when they changed the price and I decided based on that I wasn’t going to change them for the sake of it.

We’ve swapped the cylinder 2 pack to cylinder 5, when I get the car back from the detailers next week it will of done 500 or so miles will have it plugged in and check the misfire count again but I will likely change that one coil pack anyway.

Been told it is common for VAG electrical components like the coil packs to break down? Supposedly makes sense because the hotter the ambient temperature the worse the potential ‘misfire’ is, indicating an electrical coil issue.

That’s true, I guess I’m just saying we all need to be wary of where we buy used cars from. If the servicing was from a reputable source then it wouldn’t be an issue.

To be honest I stuck with my dealer for the first service because I just couldn’t decide what to do, I’m about to hit my inspection at 20k (fixed intervals) and I plan on using Audi again. I genuinely don’t know what to think of either, I know that I trust my independent to do a great job and question what Audi do on times. But it seems a shame to take a brand new car away from dealer service history. We’ve just bought a 16 year old A6 Allroad that has full Audi service history, because of the value of the car after much dictation we’ve decided for its next service it will go to the independent but it still seems a shame to throw a life of ‘main dealer’ history away. I suspect this is a silly way of looking at it, but at least with dealer history you know it’s had what’s needed when its wanted it. We bought a 130k Golf last year with full VW history, great peace of mind because you know if it’s needed something the dealer would be first to tell you.

I can tell you a story where a main dealer didn’t tell an owner their Golf DSG was due a DSG service.

The DSG box failed eventually and the dealer (A very well known independent car dealer) Who sold it to him had to pay for a new box, all because the VW dealer failed to do the service on the box.

That’s a good pride, I got quoted £47 each when they changed the price and I decided based on that I wasn’t going to change them for the sake of it.

We’ve swapped the cylinder 2 pack to cylinder 5, when I get the car back from the detailers next week it will of done 500 or so miles will have it plugged in and check the misfire count again but I will likely change that one coil pack anyway.

Been told it is common for VAG electrical components like the coil packs to break down? Supposedly makes sense because the hotter the ambient temperature the worse the potential ‘misfire’ is, indicating an electrical coil issue.

The latest revision is 06H905110L

Reactions: AudiNutta
I can tell you a story where a main dealer didn’t tell an owner their Golf DSG was due a DSG service.

The DSG box failed eventually and the dealer (A very well known independent car dealer) Who sold it to him had to pay for a new box, all because the VW dealer failed to do the service on the box.

Oh dear that’s not very good, I withdraw my statement :lmfao:

What we find strange is my grandparents have a 1.4TFSI COD with S Tronic and we’ve been told that box is “sealed for life”, had it in writing the lot and from a couple of different dealers. But then the next S Tronic variant will be serviceable, it’s madness.. all oil deteriorates it all needs changing.

On our old A6, it’s got a 5-speed ZF gearbox and Audi say sealed for life. We phoned ZF as we wanted it done with 158k on the clock and wanted to know what oil to use, they laughed down the phone when we said sealed for life.. it’s a load of rubbish and Audi just says what they want to say.

Anyway, strongly advised against using the ‘Audi Automatic Transmission Fluid’ which has cleaners in, instead used the ZF oil which has friction particles in to aid the clutches as if you use the Audi oil it cleans the clutch plates and gearbox broken in a couple thousand miles. No wonder Audi wanted us to sign a disclaimer to say that if there was an issue after they changed the oil on a sealed for life box, they would have no responsibility.

I’m with you there struggling to trust dealers, I am on pins when I leave my car there and to be honest I think they feel the same.

I can rest easy leaving my car with the independent, totally trust them and know that they wouldn’t do anything I wouldn’t. My worst nightmare with dealers is that they take the car on a test drive and boot it when the car is cold, seen it too many times. Quality of the work is hit and miss depending on whether you have a good dealer or not. I struggle to find technicians who genuinely seem interested in the cars, beyond it being a job.

I’ve had the dashcam unplug policy argument before, been told it is because there is secret development in the workshops that customers aren’t to see. No there are technicians f’ing and blinding that they don’t want to see, that’s the only thing being developed haha. Once they unplugged it, but when mine went in next and I kept quiet they left it plugged in. When I reviewed the footage after they changed my exhaust for the revised ‘rattle free’ system, keep in mind the issue is when idling on a cold start. He started the car, it was on a cold start and he revved the nuts off of it for about 30 seconds up to the 4000rpm limit and said “seems ok”, making it pop and bang in the workshop. That really p’d me off, I’d never dream of doing that myself.. but I kept quiet because I felt that was somewhat minor and I’d rather it be plugged in to see if they did anything worse down the line.

My latest dealer, have left the camera plugged in at all times but say they test drive my car when it never leaves the forecourt... I think they’re too scared to.
Be thankful that there is a rev limit at idle ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
It’s the new DAZA engine, spark plug intervals are now 40k. I was going to change mine at 20k but didn’t make it that far with my rough idle issue, changed them at 17k to see if that would fix it but now onto a suspect coil pack.
40k on a performance car though? Nuts imho.

TX.

I've had the argument on a Tiguan DSG in the past telling me it was the dry clutch when I knew it was the DQ500 and needed a service - got there in the end but only as I knew what it was. Dealer and VW customer service was adamant it didn't need a service.

It's nice to have that full Audi service history thing but not the end of the world. Having a car x years old with a full history of any kind is nice. Full dealer just means money wasted

VW wasn't so bad, they had service plans available which worked well and didn't seem to want my pants down.

Going back to my original quote... £600 for an oil and filter change with pollen filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40k on a performance car though? Nuts imho.

TX.

Exactly my opinion! Not like you’re just pootling along and they get light load. Maybe Audi are just being kind and trying to save us money...

But what I noticed, I always thought you could upgrade the spark plugs to the plugs out of the RS6/7? Anyway the part number of the plugs in my car, are the plugs out of those cars so maybe they have been upgraded in the DAZA engine anyway.

Screenshot 20190508 214430

I find it interesting how it’s quoted Haldex filter, seeing as Audi don’t remove / clean the filter but only change the oil.

They want you to believe that don't they though.......:sadlike:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's only for cars 3yrs old.. Discounted to get you into a dealer to spend more

Yip..

They tried to charge me higher prices for my service was booked 5 days before the car turned 3.

I said so if I wait 5 days I save £300 so lets book it in the following week then, 2 mins of hold music and I saved £300 ha

I had my car serviced - so oil change and air filter after 28k. Today I hit 30k which makes me very sad as I would prefer lower mileage.

Is there a list anywhere of what each service involves? What is meant to be done at each stage?

Have you considered driving less? I'd suggest decreasing the amount of time or distance, the choice is up to you.
Lol, I’d imagine he’s not doing 30k miles for the hell of it! I assume it’s business mileage.

Either way, nice to see an RS racking up some big miles. They’re meant to be driven. 17k miles now in mine. 17k glorious miles.

Reactions: DW81 and simonali
I had my car serviced - so oil change and air filter after 28k. Today I hit 30k which makes me very sad as I would prefer lower mileage.

Is there a list anywhere of what each service involves? What is meant to be done at each stage?

Mines in 37k if it makes you feel any better, it is a 16 though ...

With regards to what/when, should be a booklet in your service wallet that tells you all the service intervals and mileage. Your DSG oil change will be biggest but not due till 38k

Mines in 37k if it makes you feel any better, it is a 16 though ...

With regards to what/when, should be a booklet in your service wallet that tells you all the service intervals and mileage. Your DSG oil change will be biggest but not due till 38k

Thanks but the FL cars don’t have that booklet - as far as I am aware - maybe you could take some photos please. And mine is an 67 plate - but picked it up last February as I didn’t want to wait for the new reg change over.

Thanks but the FL cars don’t have that booklet - as far as I am aware - maybe you could take some photos please. And mine is an 67 plate - but picked it up last February as I didn’t want to wait for the new reg change over.

5baca0575c1e305d207da7840f44da60.jpg

Reactions: Jimmgc51 and Spinstorm
Hi.
My Dec 15 RS3 has 26k miles and is now showing - oil change in 26 days.
I've been quoted £295 for this at Audi Preston, does that seem correct, and is this classed as the 'interim service'?
Thanks.
Steve.

Hi.
My Dec 15 RS3 has 26k miles and is now showing - oil change in 26 days.
I've been quoted £295 for this at Audi Preston, does that seem correct, and is this classed as the 'interim service'?
Thanks.
Steve.

That’s then normal price yes, they can knock some off of that.

I paid £170 for mine BUT I supplied the oil, which cost me around £60

I had mine serviced about 6 months ago when it was at 38,000 miles, so it was so called major service which includes transmission and haldex. First I thought about going to Audi even thought I hate how they treat customers cars, mainly for FASH.
But than decided to go to Statller Power Development in Sheffield, after talking to the owner Steve it was the only place I would trust my car with. He knows his stuff, knows the cars fully, tunes them and does completely mad builds as well. I'd rather take my car to someone I know that appreciates the cars than some wet behind ears Audi tech that would probably rev the **** out of it when its cold.
If memory serves correct few audi garages quoted me between £750 to £1000 for everything. Steve did it for somewhere around £550.

I had mine serviced about 6 months ago when it was at 38,000 miles, so it was so called major service which includes transmission and haldex. First I thought about going to Audi even thought I hate how they treat customers cars, mainly for FASH.
But than decided to go to Statller Power Development in Sheffield, after talking to the owner Steve it was the only place I would trust my car with. He knows his stuff, knows the cars fully, tunes them and does completely mad builds as well. I'd rather take my car to someone I know that appreciates the cars than some wet behind ears Audi tech that would probably rev the **** out of it when its cold.
If memory serves correct few audi garages quoted me between £750 to £1000 for everything. Steve did it for somewhere around £550.

Had work done there in the past and will no doubt visit again one day. Always been good

Can they do the online service book yet?

Had work done there in the past and will no doubt visit again one day. Always been good

Can they do the online service book yet?

When I had it done in March, Steve still wasn't able to do the online service book. So I just bought regular Audi service book from ebay so he can write in it and stamp it.