Rs3 traction control

RS3 FUN

Reaction score
My RS3 stage 1 in gears 1 and 2 has traction control numb acceleration when power comes on strong and I have turn traction control off so it doesn’t interfere.Does any 1 else suffer this.

My RS3 stage 1 in gears 1 and 2 has traction control numb acceleration when power comes on strong and I have turn traction control off so it doesn’t interfere.Does any 1 else suffer this.
Yes. Some say it's because of the staggered tyre setup. IE 255/30/19 front and 235/35/19 rear.
I've not tried having same tyre sizes front and back, I just turn the TC off soon as I get in the car.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 FUN
Just makes the car feel odd in 1st 2nd and just Erving smoothly with no power.

I never noticed it on the Pirelli’s. But they are crap tyres. So far in 25k I’ve run conti 6’s in my 20’s, conti 5 in the standard setup and now 235 all round in PS4. All been good as gold traction wise.
My 4-5 mm conti 5 staggered setup are for sale

Just makes the car feel odd in 1st 2nd and just Erving smoothly with no power.
Yeah it's terrible. No good the TC kicking in when you're trying to race someone. I use Michelin's all round but staggered sizes. Next time you buy tyres get 4 X 235/35/19 and see if that helps.

Just press it once, TC issues gone.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I turn it off straight away if I’m planning on having a bit of a blast on me own. I don’t loose much traction even at stage one. Unless your turning out of a junction in the wet and give it the beans then yes there will be a bit of slip. Tyre contact is only say the size of a CD so the haldex system isn’t a miracle worker. Turn it off and enjoy....but don’t Over do it

Reactions: Terminator x
There is an Audi fix to reduce the density of the traction control. I’d recommend getting it done, it’s a warranty item.

Mine improved a lot with this fix and then even more with running square Michelin ps4s 255s. Pulling hard out of a corner is not an issue.

Reactions: mangobay
I'm currently running on 235 all round (was 255 fronts) Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport tyres, no issues with traction control lights.

Very good tyres and i give Goodyear regular feedback on how they are doing.

Goodyear say the 255 version are about 10 months away from being available, but i'll stick with 235 all round.

Yes, this drives me insane. makes the car almost unusable with the TC on in the lower gears. It really is a joke.

I run 235 Pirelli P-Zero all round and very rarely have traction control kick in.

Reactions: DW81 and RS3 FUN
Yes, this drives me insane. makes the car almost unusable with the TC on in the lower gears. It really is a joke.
Don't even need to put foot down hard for mine to do it.

Certainly is annoying I have never had that on other cars in past it just dulls the moment.

Don't even need to put foot down hard for mine to do it.

I test Drove a Nardo Grey PFL just before I ended up buying my Sepang Blue one a couple of weeks ago and it did exactly the that. The salesman tried to tell me it was normal and because we were going up a slight incline. It didn't help the fact it had a mis-matched tyre on one corner and had the 255 tyres on the rear and the 235 on the front. I ended up walking away and buying another after I heard him slagging me off saying that I had no idea how traction control works. He didn't realise I was in ear shot. The car is still for sale now, I can imagine it'll be for sale for a while unless someone buys into the ********.

Reactions: CHEZ
I test Drove a Nardo Grey PFL just before I ended up buying my Sepang Blue one a couple of weeks ago and it did exactly the that. The salesman tried to tell me it was normal and because we were going up a slight incline. It didn't help the fact it had a mis-matched tyre on one corner and had the 255 tyres on the rear and the 235 on the front. I ended up walking away and buying another after I heard him slagging me off saying that I had no idea how traction control works. He didn't realise I was in ear shot. The car is still for sale now, I can imagine it'll be for sale for a while unless someone buys into the ********.
A 4wd car at 10mph in dry conditions under low acceleration shouldn't be kicking up the traction control. Mine does. I was convinced my haldex was broken. I just turn it off now when I get in the car.

Reactions: FBF01
Never had any issues with tc on my fl I always drive in manual with most drive select settings in dynamic don't know if that has any baring on its sensitivity

Never had any issues with tc on my fl I always drive in manual with most drive select settings in dynamic don't know if that has any baring on its sensitivity
They have different size tyres on front and back?

Perhaps stating the obvious but has your car def got both 255 tyres on the front ? If there is a mix the traction control doesn't like it. I've heard of a case where the wheels were fitted in the wrong location as the fitter didn't realise they were different sizes front to back.

Reactions: EVO855
Perhaps stating the obvious but has your car def got both 255 tyres on the front ? If there is a mix the traction control doesn't like it. I've heard of a case where the wheels were fitted in the wrong location as the fitter didn't realise they were different sizes front to back.

Wouldn’t be the first time either Dan

The times I’ve read/spoke to RS3 owners when they’ve had tyres put in wrong.
The other classic is mounting the directional tread the wrong way around on the rim

There is an Audi fix to reduce the density of the traction control. I’d recommend getting it done, it’s a warranty item.

Mine improved a lot with this fix and then even more with running square Michelin ps4s 255s. Pulling hard out of a corner is not an issue.

Hey mate do you have any more info on this?

Hey mate do you have any more info on this?
Sorry can’t find the service report. But I heard about it from another owner and asked them at the service. Just noticed a typo in post should have said to reduce the sensitivity of the traction control, not density oops. I’d imagine they should have a tech bulletin on this.

Mine was really bad before the fix, literally jolted you when it kicked in. This was just normal driving on dry roads.

I'm curious on the model year for those with problems?

Yes, KwikFit tried really hard to mix up front and rear. They were adament even after I explained. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk