RS3 - TTRS

Damian6

Reaction score
RS3 8V are going on dyno machine and already making near 400 bhp standard so is the ttrs more then 400?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    162 KB · Views: 196
Some standard ones even pulling that much already just made me wonder about the new engine

It makes me wonder about the accuracy of tests you get from independent garages. I bet you could have the same car done on the same day at a handful of different places and get at least a 5% difference from the highest to the lowest.

It makes me wonder about the accuracy of tests you get from independent garages. I bet you could have the same car done on the same day at a handful of different places and get at least a 5% difference from the highest to the lowest.
True but they claim 362 bhp and 0/62 in 4.3 when they are being timed 0/60 in 3.6 and -4 0/62

Evo magazine has clocked the new TTRS at 3.4s to 62mph. I wouldn't be surprised if the 400ps is conservative and is more like 420ps.

More than likely the TTRS is running over 400. My old S3 8V was running 320 stock when Audi quote 300!

The ones above were run at SRR which has a reasonably "harsh" reputation for power runs. Should be fairly accurate imho.

TX.

The ones above were run at SRR which has a reasonably "harsh" reputation for power runs. Should be fairly accurate imho.

TX.

The same bunch of cars also ran at Santa Pod last weekend (mine was one of them) and all of them consistently recorded very low 12's for the quarter mile (best being 12.1secs). Lots of modified Subaru's and Focus RS's there too but very few of them got close to these times. We also had a stage 1 tuned car that ran 11.9 but had lots of wheel spin. Interestingly, the marginally faster cars had the higher mileages (around 8 to 10K).

As an owner of the current model RS3, it amuses me that some people assume that the new 400ps engine will be such a step up, but the reality is that the current engine has plenty of power over the Audi quoted stock figure - probably somewhere around the 390bhp on average. This has been proven on dyno's and now the drag strip too.

Reactions: ComputerControlled, Terminator x and Radman
The same bunch of cars also ran at Santa Pod last weekend (mine was one of them) and all of them consistently recorded very low 12's for the quarter mile (best being 12.1secs). Lots of modified Subaru's and Focus RS's there too but very few of them got close to these times. We also had a stage 1 tuned car that ran 11.9 but had lots of wheel spin. Interestingly, the marginally faster cars had the higher mileages (around 8 to 10K).

As an owner of the current model RS3, it amuses me that some people assume that the new 400ps engine will be such a step up, but the reality is that the current engine has plenty of power over the Audi quoted stock figure - probably somewhere around the 390bhp on average. This has been proven on dyno's and now the drag strip too.
I don't think it's that it'll be such a huge step up, but the TTRS is usefully lighter than the RS3 and judging by the times being achieved in the TTRS by the testers, seems that Audi has once again been conservative with its power output estimates. I'd be very surprised if it's not putting out more than 400ps.

Yep, agree with Doc on the potential engine output - probably closer to 420ps which is getting towards the boundaries of the existing turbo (from Audi's warranty point of view anyway)

There are some road tests for the new TTRS starting to appear on Youtube (see link below - good detail on the new stuff) which gives us an insight as to new parts which may possibly put in an appearance on any facelift/product improvement/new model for an RS3 Sportback.

So what might we see....

First there's the obvious potential of the new engine with it's upgraded technology and alloy bits (26kg lighter and producing an Audi quoted 400ps), then we have some nice carbon ceramic brakes, expensive but wouldn't it be nice to at least have it as an option on the RS3.
The virtual cockpit (which I tried out for the first time earlier this week and was surprisingly impressed), the dynamic lights with OLED technology - again I suspect all of which will be options, and then also some changes to the Haldex system which I think will be torque vectoring technology.
In addition to the above, there's the cosmetic changes to the front and back including a new grill (similar to the recent A3 facelift)
I guess all this will jack the price up of a TTRS, but would also do the same for any of these parts that MAY also migrate to a new RS3.

If any of the above new parts end up being specced for an updated RS3 Sportback, then I can't really see it being a facelift, but in fact a new model...of which I would be surprised if you could get one on your drive much before 2018!!!

Back on topic... I actually think the new TTRS looks good with the new aggressive looking front end, I even like the Nardo coloured Roadster too! Combine that with the 400ps engine and that 5 cylinder soundtrack - Audi probably wont be able to keep up with demand.

Reactions: L1ARR
Definitely quieter than the current RS3 though :innocent:

TX.

Reactions: ComputerControlled

TTRS quicker when getting to hairdressers for a quick cut and blow.

Reactions: Terminator x
Forget to mention the TTRS has 20 inch wheels as an option too.
Fancy a set of twenties on your RS3 Sportback anybody?:yes: