RS3 UK Pricing and Specifications

Some of this “lack” of options likely to be down to the chip shortage, so they make you go full spec to get some of the options you want. They are all doing it to varying degrees it seems. With Mini to get digital dash (that was standard across range a few months ago) you HAVE to go Nav+ Pack, and no HK sound, but still HUD, and wireless charging. With BMW, no wireless charging but still HK.

Probably won’t settle until into the new year.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
But obv. Chip shortage not going to explain lack of interior stitching options

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
I've had a good play around with this now and it's a nonsense. But looking at some other models, I fear this is actually true and correct.

Which means it would be Carbon Black version for me, just to avoid that steering wheel...yes, I'm serious! Sports exhaust isn't an option so must be standard on this (because sports exhaust IS an option on basic car).
I wanted adaptive cruise control, but you have to have driver assistance package, which means you have to have nasty round steering wheel. So no ACC for me!
I wanted adaptive suspension but you need the RS pack and ceramics for £5k, so no adaptive suspension for me!

In summary, it would have to be Carbon Black edition with the Comfort Pack and metallic paint...

Appalling from Audi.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I've had a good play around with this now and it's a nonsense. But looking at some other models, I fear this is actually true and correct.

Which means it would be Carbon Black version for me, just to avoid that steering wheel...yes, I'm serious! Sports exhaust isn't an option so must be standard on this (because sports exhaust IS an option on basic car).
I wanted adaptive cruise control, but you have to have driver assistance package, which means you have to have nasty round steering wheel. So no ACC for me!
I wanted adaptive suspension but you need the RS pack and ceramics for £5k, so no adaptive suspension for me!

In summary, it would have to be Carbon Black edition with the Comfort Pack and metallic paint...

Appalling from Audi.

Oh dear. Not great then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appalling from Audi.
same train of thought / decision making as me.

I really wanted adaptive suspension so dynamic pack is still an option but not ideal

Just realised, I wanted pano roof (never had it before!) and you need Vorsprung... which means... round steering wheel :)

How disappointing. Had a deposit down on this for months but will have to think long and hard now.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
yep, no pano but saloon carbon adds the contrast roof which is a good colour offset than the plain colour roof - pano can be easily shrugged off imo.

I think the ultimate option which destroys the Standard spec is the matrix lights - I think if you could have matrix this would be the most purchased version

LOL, just seen you can't even have a base spec car with just a sports exhaust. If selecting sports exhaust you have to have the RS pack at £5500!

I assume you could change the wheel potentially for one of the flat bottom ones from the RS6 for example?

@DJAlix I know the car isn’t out but based on your experience if the capacitive sensors are required and they exist in the RS6 then surely the wheel is swappable?

I assume you could change the wheel potentially for one of the flat bottom ones from the RS6 for example?

@DJAlix I know the car isn’t out but based on your experience if the capacitive sensors are required and they exist in the RS6 then surely the wheel is swappable?

Lol pay 60k then has to have a wheel retrofit that voids warranty on several systems

Reactions: D0C and Snake Pliskin
The more I look into getting an 8Y RS3 the more I'm looking at used 8V RS3 saloons... Think most people on this thread would be better getting a nice pre opf RS3 and saving 20-30k in doing so.

Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan and Add_Profile
I can’t believe I’m considering a carbon car with bl%%dy ceramics just to avoid that horrid steering wheel ... but I really wanted a pano roof

Reactions: Add_Profile
Has anyone managed to get any finance figures yet? Would be interested in seeing what you've been quoted.

Please state:
  • Trim Level
  • Length of Term
  • Deposit
  • Monthlies
  • Annual Mileage
  • Any options

The more I look into getting an 8Y RS3 the more I'm looking at used 8V RS3 saloons... Think most people on this thread would be better getting a nice pre opf RS3 and saving 20-30k in doing so.
I would agree. But you're probably saving £15k, but getting a 4yr older car!

Reactions: AndyVWR
I can’t believe I’m considering a carbon car with bl%%dy ceramics just to avoid that horrid steering wheel ... but I really wanted a pano roof

Honestly don't think you will miss it but a shame the configurator is such a shambles you can't even add pano, #shakeshead#

I would agree. But you're probably saving £15k, but getting a 4yr older car!
That's true but is that such a bad thing. Way better sound and looks (mostly). Performance is almost identical unless you're driving on the limit like 99% of us won't do and definitely a better interior design. I've tried to convince myself to like the 8Y but the 8V is still looking like a better buy, especially if prices start to drop as covid eases off and the used market settles back down. 8V Saloons were as low as 32 / 33k pre covid.

Honestly don't think you will miss it but a shame the configurator is such a shambles you can't even add pano, #shakeshead#

I've never had one - but really wanted one with this car.
The alternative is save £2k and get a pano roof along with some other extras (vorsprung) but I would have to come to terms with that steering wheel.
I don't think the photo's do it justice as they make it look massive.
It can't be that big ... can it ?
Its just a slight extra bulge on the bottom :tearsofjoy:

ever driven a bus?

:tearsofjoy:

but I suspect you are right, probably not as bad when sat in the car..... but gosh.... that video going around the ring showing it..... :blink:

• Haha
oooooooooh ...... this view of carbon looks VERY tasty. check out those mirrors :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile

No idea and not willing to make assumptions. The new MQB and the MLBevoII platforms are different.

Just spoke with my dealership.

@S15THM finance numbers he said aren't out yet. Probably tomorrow.

Also, he is adamant Carbon Black version does NOT have the sports exhaust, so needs the RS pack. I get a Carbon black with just the Comfort & Sound pack and RS Pack and metallic at £62,320 OTR.

The Vorsprung which has every option already and metallic is just £59,225... Bear in mind this has pano roof, ACC, chassis control etc etc, it seems a no-brainer to go Vorsprung. BUT, that steering wheel :( And I'm also not convinced on the graphics on the alloys...

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
so I'm going to put killers on the specs

1. No Matrix with the standard car
2. "That" steering wheel on the Vorsprung

Audi DE is laughing and joking at the brits rn

I've never had one - but really wanted one with this car.
The alternative is save £2k and get a pano roof along with some other extras (vorsprung) but I would have to come to terms with that steering wheel.
I don't think the photo's do it justice as they make it look massive.
It can't be that big ... can it ?
Its just a slight extra bulge on the bottom :tearsofjoy:
I know not ideal, but that wheel re-finished by Royal Steering Wheels in Alcantara would compensate from not being flat bottomed. In fact he may be able to do something there...just a thought - http://royalsteeringwheels.com/audi/

so I'm going to put killers on the specs

1. No Matrix with the standard car
2. "That" steering wheel on the Vorsprung

Audi DE is laughing and joking at the brits rn
To be fair AUDI DE is significantly more expensive. Even adding the dynamic pack to Vorsprung it’s still cheaper. I configured an Audi DE car to £79k.

Now I know we are missing the design packs inside the car which is a massive shame but we also get a 360 camera that they do not.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
Lol pay 60k then has to have a wheel retrofit that voids warranty on several systems

I believe most people here know what I think of the new 8Y vehicles but if this was a platform I was actually considering then I would be even more upset. Whoever came up with the options / combinations and indeed pricing of this car…. Well they have clearly been doing way too many drugs.

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and D0C
It’s still not clear if you have access to the RS modes and the Torque rear unless you spec the dynamic pack.

In addition I also wonder if the hardware is there - which I assume it is - then maybe they might offer a software update to enable it through the Audi online store.

We really need the full configurator with details of what every pack contains - and I’m talking the nitty gritty stuff - not the overview.

Reactions: Add_Profile
I know not ideal, but that wheel re-finished by Royal Steering Wheels in Alcantara would compensate from not being flat bottomed. In fact he may be able to do something there...just a thought - http://royalsteeringwheels.com/audi/
it will be available on the facelift in 20 months time, just as pre-facelift cars make it out to customers ordered Aug 2021 lmao

Reactions: NevMan

Also, he is adamant Carbon Black version does NOT have the sports exhaust, so needs the RS pack. I get a Carbon black with just the Comfort & Sound pack and RS Pack and metallic at £62,320 OTR.

The Vorsprung which has every option already and metallic is just £59,225... Bear in mind this has pano roof, ACC, chassis control etc etc, it seems a no-brainer to go Vorsprung. BUT, that steering wheel :( And I'm also not convinced on the graphics on the alloys...

That is exactly where I am at.

if..... and I mean.... IF.... the DCC is correct visually, the carbon does have the Sports exhaust. You can spec a standard car without it and the exhaust is silver, but black on the Carbon

To be fair AUDI DE is significantly more expensive. Even adding the dynamic pack to Vorsprung it’s still cheaper. I configured an Audi DE car to £79k.

Now I know we are missing the design packs inside the car which is a massive shame but we also get a 360 camera that they do not.

what exactly does a 360 degree camera offer in terms of usable difference over the regular camera.
I use reverse camera for parking up close to objects behind but thats it.
Can't think what use a 360 deg camera would be to me ? :blink:

It’s still not clear if you have access to the RS modes and the Torque rear unless you spec the dynamic pack.

In addition I also wonder if the hardware is there - which I assume it is - then maybe they might offer a software update to enable it through the Audi online store.

We really need the full configurator with details of what every pack contains - and I’m talking the nitty gritty stuff - not the overview
I have it on good authority the torque splitter is available as standard on all the models. I also have my finance figures and the rate is 6.2% across the board. I have a 2.9% discount if I order but told there is no discounts available for anybody unless you're very close to someone high up ;)

Can also echo the thoughts regarding exhaust on the carbon edition.

Hang on, the guy on that video says we don;t even get the alcantara steering wheel?! My days. I give up. I'll go get a GT4 instead...

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
"Vorsprung trims will build from week 48 onwards so please manage customer expectations on lead times."