RS3 UK Pricing and Specifications

AndyVWR

Reaction score
Hi All

Better get running down to the Audi Dealer... @PeteRS3lee & @Snake Pliskin

Full details now out and cars can be ordered.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/en-gb/releases/156

Carbon Edition looks fairly useless - unless you like Carbon (effect)
The Launch Edition look pretty good spec from the quick look I have taken.

@Spinstorm - you can get started on your video now

Still looks like they are working on the configurator though as that hasn't gone live.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 3 others
So vorsprung edition 59k + 5K for RS pack ?

33c15a84df68be74cc318a088a3a889a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Vorsprung doesn’t even come with sports exhaust?! Oh Audi…

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Vorsprung doesn’t even come with sports exhaust?! Oh Audi…

are you sure it doesn't ?

I read it as the Vorsprung is £1,750 more than the launch edition and extra kit is graphic alloys. power boot and 360 deg camera.
Otherwise spec as per the launch edition which includes sports exhaust etc.

If not then I would go for the launch edition as that includes everything I'd want anyway including the sports exhaust.

Reactions: NevMan
are you sure it doesn't ?

I read it as the Vorsprung is £1,750 more than the launch edition and extra kit is graphic alloys. power boot and 360 deg camera.
Otherwise spec as per the launch edition which includes sports exhaust etc.

If not then I would go for the launch edition as that includes everything I'd want anyway including the sports exhaust.

Read it snake

5K over on top of Vorsprung edition.

f0615a3c504440c8ec2f8da62c7ac79a.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Read it snake

5K over on top of Vorsprung edition.

f0615a3c504440c8ec2f8da62c7ac79a.jpg

Yeah but the basic RS3 does not have the sports exhaust as standard whereas I read the lauch edition definitely does and I am assuming the vorsprung does too hence the lower uplift for those 2 models.

To be fair, I'm not that fussed about power boot, graphic alloys or 360 camera so the launch may be the one for me anyway.
And flat bottomed wheel to boot lol :icon thumright:

I was all set to treat myself and go for the Vorsprung model. But if the round steering wheel is true then not for me. In addition, I’m not keen on the graphics alloys!
It’s looking like Carbon edition for me but nicely specced up with the options I want.

Reactions: Alan Oliver, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
I was all set to treat myself and go for the Vorsprung model. But if the round steering wheel is true then not for me. In addition, I’m not keen on the graphics alloys!
It’s looking like Carbon edition for me but nicely specced up with the options I want.
Do you read that the launch edition includes darkened matrix headlamps as per the carbon black ?

It does state the launch edition brings a wealth of 'additional standard kit' so I take that as matrix lights and matt black alloys included - just the carbon trim which is not ?

Do you read that the launch edition includes darkened matrix headlamps as per the carbon black ?

It does state the launch edition brings a wealth of 'additional standard kit' so I take that as matrix lights and matt black alloys included - just the carbon trim which is not ?

You’ll need to be quick on that launch edition then. 96 only

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Dealer says configurator goes live on Thursday.

Also says launch edition will be almost impossible to get hold of, with most being registered as demos, press cars etc.

Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Dealer says configurator goes live on Thursday.

Also says launch edition will be almost impossible to get hold of, with most being registered as demos, press cars etc.

in which case I would go vorsprung ... but I would want a flat bottomed steering wheel though :tearsofjoy:

in which case I would go vorsprung ... but I would want a flat bottomed steering wheel though :tearsofjoy:

Oh dear there’ll be some tears shed…….

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
If I can't get a launch model I'm hoping I can just go for the base model and spec it up the way I want it as the trims available have things I don't want / need anyway. Pano roof for example.

Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
Audi really annoys me with the 'extra's' and 'packs' and was one reason last time I went Golf R over both the S3 and RS3 (which I thought looked lame for an RS3) just stupid things like the RS3 didnt have folding mirrors (£350) or adaptive cruise (£1750 as part of driver assist) as standard equipment. I really fancied a change back to Audi but the way they put things into packs is nothing short of a well thought out plan to have your trousers down even further
I'll wait for the configurator to confirm my suspicions before I jump back in the VW camp and buy a 8R

Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
Audi really annoys me with the 'extra's' and 'packs' and was one reason last time I went Golf R over both the S3 and RS3 (which I thought looked lame for an RS3) just stupid things like the RS3 didnt have folding mirrors (£350) or adaptive cruise (£1750 as part of driver assist) as standard equipment. I really fancied a change back to Audi but the way they put things into packs is nothing short of a well thought out plan to have your trousers down even further
I'll wait for the configurator to confirm my suspicions before I jump back in the VW camp and buy a 8R
I can completely relate to your message. Hopefully the full options list will give some choices and chance to spec a more individual RS3 but adaptive cruise will defo be part of a driver assistance part. It also makes me take a look at a G8R.

So looks like Launch Edition will be long sold out before I’m ready to order and quite pleased that Carbon Edition seems to be so bad (imho). By that I mean it seems to just to trim and body kit. So I’ll have to make do with base RS3 and whatever options are available for it. I’m forgetting about the exclusive paint too.

Interested to see 360 camera is available on Vorsprung, as I couldn’t even see that as an option on the German configurator

Reactions: Frizzley and Snake Pliskin
This gives us more information but we still don't know the exact pricing of extras - can you get the sports exhaust separate for example?

Not clear.

I want the 360 camera - is that only on the Vorsprung or is it a separate option?

I am going to do a video on this pricing today - and if we get anything extra before i finish I will add it as a voice over!

All rumour until configurator is up, but sounds like sports exhaust isn’t included in Vorsprung

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I am reading/guessing similar to snake....: Vorsprung edition is a build upon Launch edition (where Adaptive Suspension and Sports Exhaust is already part of the Launch edition build) and now includes Electric Bootlid and 360 camera.

Dynamic Pack: just adds Ceramic Brakes + 180mph Speed increase to Vorsprung edition, "assuming" previous typical price addons of £4K for Ceramic Brake and £1K lift of speed.

Is the "sports exhaust" in Launch & Vorsprung edition = the RS sport exhaust system in Dynamic Pack ?

Only Audi could make the spec list so confusing no one understands...

I have emailed Audi PR to check this all out; I have also been told by my dealer that the orders open on Thursday (however who knows with dealers if that is correct or not!).

For me I absolutely have to have the 360 camera and sports exhaust and the design pack interior - which based on this spec list suggests the Vorsprung if the vorsprung builds on the launch edition like @RS03WKS suggested.

Last edited:
I am reading/guessing similar to snake....: Vorsprung edition is a build upon Launch edition (where Adaptive Suspension and Sports Exhaust is already part of the Launch edition build) and now includes Electric Bootlid and 360 camera.

Dynamic Pack: just adds Ceramic Brakes + 180mph Speed increase to Vorsprung edition, "assuming" previous typical price addons of £4K for Ceramic Brake and £1K lift of speed.

Is the "sports exhaust" in Launch & Vorsprung edition = the RS sport exhaust system in Dynamic Pack ?

Glad someone else reads it the same as me :)

I think there will be only 1 sports exhaust upgrade rather than a standard / sport / RS sports exhaust - as per the previous 8v.

Reactions: AndyVWR and RS03???
Definitely looking like Wednesday Thursday for the configurator going live

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-121507_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-121507_Outlook.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: NevMan and kayemill
Dealer forwarded me this screenshot this morning, looks you can order tomorrow. Website and configurator go live Thursday.
B6D626DB 1CB6 4B47 A87F 58FAE5AFCD20

Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
ah so base / carbon / vorsprung - available to order from tomorrow but lauch edition has to pass code 20 before being allocated - that could be a few weeks away then and a lottery to secure one of those !

So safe bet would be to order a vorsprung - as long as it gets all the launch edition kit PLUS the extras listed AND as long as you can spec a flat bottom steering wheel.

Lets hope the configurator clarifies all of the unknowns.

I can completely relate to your message. Hopefully the full options list will give some choices and chance to spec a more individual RS3 but adaptive cruise will defo be part of a driver assistance part. It also makes me take a look at a G8R.

So looks like Launch Edition will be long sold out before I’m ready to order and quite pleased that Carbon Edition seems to be so bad (imho). By that I mean it seems to just to trim and body kit. So I’ll have to make do with base RS3 and whatever options are available for it. I’m forgetting about the exclusive paint too.

Interested to see 360 camera is available on Vorsprung, as I couldn’t even see that as an option on the German configurator

I did a config on the .de site, I added the option for elec mirror 'park' control (as we live down quite narrow lanes) at something silly like 350 euro and it pops up with ''you must also add the frameless rear view mirror at 160 euro'' WTF? that's when I start getting annoyed :(

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR
To me it reads as around £65k for the top model , with pretty much everything, pan roof, hud, ceramics, 360 cam etc

Seems crazy money for an rs3 doesn't it?

....Still going to get one

Reactions: Splathead and NevMan
I did a config on the .de site, I added the option for elec mirror 'park' control (as we live down quite narrow lanes) at something silly like 350 euro and it pops up with ''you must also add the frameless rear view mirror at 160 euro'' WTF? that's when I start getting annoyed :(
Ha ha yes it is ridiculous when manufacturers do that linking and Audi seem masters at it. But I’m convinced the frameless rear view mirror will be standard on RS3 along with folding mirrors. I think that as even S3 manages folding mirrors and frameless rear mirror

Keep the faith until Thursday comes and configurator goes live....then we can complain bitterly about the absurdity of it all when they prove they haven’t got a clue how to spec a car.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
To me it reads as around £65k for the top model , with pretty much everything, pan roof, hud, ceramics, 360 cam etc

Seems crazy money for an rs3 doesn't it?

....Still going to get one

you seriously gonna get ceramic brakes etc @ £5k :blink:

I am pivoting on the Vorsprung package, without the graphics.

no exclusive colour with saloon
adaptive suspension only with the dynamic pack
sports exhaust only with dynamic pack....

eugh

lets hope this is just dealer config gremlins

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and RS03???
921e67a37b5346de8e5d2dda10d802ee.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
c655bd6295fb494514a080e439e3b06d.png

b1e9dd862748ca9453cae9927461caa3.png