RS3 UK Pricing and Specifications

It's obvious you don't read all posts launch editions are demos and press cars it was the same with the RS4/5/RS6/7 all with options and spec not configurable hence only 96 cars

And Pete’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin, Add_Profile and 1 other person
it's never a case of NEED @jassyo06 , don't you know that yet? It's always a case of WANT hahahahaha

no one NEEDS an RS3, they WANT
no one NEEDS Exclusive paint, they WANT
no one NEEDS a FBSW, they WANT
no one NEEDS brakes, they WA.... oh forget this one, we do need brakes LOL
No one NEEDS Sports Exhaust, they WANT
no one NEEDS.... you get the picture pmsl
I am of an age where l buy with my brain and not my heart... to be honest if l want a RS3 ill get one my better half has always known this, in the past the 8v RS3 pfl and RS3 fl variants have always been released after I've just purchased a new car and l have kicked myself for bad timing etc etc this time around isn't any different but l aint bothered at all simply because of the delays this flu has caused and will for the next year plus add in the fact the software in the A3/S3 and no doubt in the RS3 aint the most reliable...delays and software unreliability these are facts and not me being negatory

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
I am of an age where l buy with my brain and not my heart... to be honest if l want a RS3 ill get one my better half has always known this, in the past the 8v RS3 pfl and RS3 fl variants have always been released after I've just purchased a new car and l have kicked myself for bad timing etc etc this time around isn't any different but l aint bothered at all simply because of the delays this flu has caused and will for the next year plus add in the fact the software in the A3/S3 and no doubt in the RS3 aint the most reliable...delays and software unreliability these are facts and not me being negatory

You speak absolute sense jassy
But can a ask
What’s a brain ????

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Is anyone clever enough to know the diameter size of the various steering wheels ie ...

is the circular the exact same diameter as the flat bottomed - with the addition of the extra rounded section.

if that was so I could probably get my head around it but it ‘looks’ bigger in all the photos ... it could just be the centre section which is larger (& squared) making the whole wheel look bigger of course

be good if we could have some accurate measurements
The circular center cush design on the Vorsprung RS3 is to hint at the style of the Q3s front grille lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
How do you guys picture the depreciation on the new model? With current 8V models still fetching good money, do you think this will help the 8Y retain its value in the years to come?

I remember someone mentioning on one of the 8V threads that they lost just under £8k in 2 years which works at around 15% depreciation (from base price of £45k that is but not sure how specced up that car was so could be a couple/few more %)

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but there is no mention in the spec list of the phone box or wireless charging except on the launch edition.

Whilst this isn’t exactly a deal breaker it seems strange; there is no code on the detailed PDF breakdowns.

Also not clear is if the cars will have wireless Android Auto and Carplay although I understand all 22 model year cars should do.

How do you guys picture the depreciation on the new model? With current 8V models still fetching good money, do you think this will help the 8Y retain its value in the years to come?

I remember someone mentioning on one of the 8V threads that they lost just under £8k in 2 years which works at around 15% depreciation (from base price of £45k that is but not sure how specced up that car was so could be a couple/few more %)
Lots of factors to play out here.

Positive - At the moment we have very high used car prices due to a lack of supply of new. This is likely to continue for another 2/3 years as there will be a dearth of 2020/21 and possibly even 2022 stock. The RS3 is traditionally sought after and will therefore likely be above average residuals.

Negative - EVs. Specifically what will the Govt do to begin the acceleration towards them. Will we see high VED or congestion charging for all hydrocarbon cars. Will we see a transition to pay for mile as tax revenue is lost at the pumps, and will that be a two tier system. Will we see tax at the pumps increase exponentially to compensate for lost EV revenue.

EV’s are years off being mainstream, uk infrastructure is way off where it needs to be now or in the future to support mass charging - but let’s not get into that debate !

Reactions: Terminator x, kayemill, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Lots of factors to play out here.

Positive - At the moment we have very high used car prices due to a lack of supply of new. This is likely to continue for another 2/3 years as there will be a dearth of 2020/21 and possibly even 2022 stock. The RS3 is traditionally sought after and will therefore likely be above average residuals.

Negative - EVs. Specifically what will the Govt do to begin the acceleration towards them. Will we see high VED or congestion charging for all hydrocarbon cars. Will we see a transition to pay for mile as tax revenue is lost at the pumps, and will that be a two tier system. Will we see tax at the pumps increase exponentially to compensate for lost EV revenue.

Sorry before someone corrects my numbers above, small typo, mind was elsewhere! Lol. Works at around 17% depreciation on those numbers.

But agreed, many factors to play out and just like we never saw the pandemic coming and the shortage of new cars/high used car prices it is very difficult to say where these cars will be in the future in terms of price. Like you mentioned though, the rs3 will still be sought after as always.

When is it typical for discounts to start flowing in? Someone mentioned they managed 5% but every one else has had to pay full list price.

... like a little ray of sunshine ...

:tearsofjoy:

Sorry for bring up the topic LOL. I think we should go back to discussing peeling stickers :redface new:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
I don’t know if anyone has noticed but there is no mention in the spec list of the phone box or wireless charging except on the launch edition.

Whilst this isn’t exactly a deal breaker it seems strange; there is no code on the detailed PDF breakdowns.

Also not clear is if the cars will have wireless Android Auto and Carplay although I understand all 22 model year cars should do.
Your correct, looks like you need 9ZE option for it according to German price list which is NOT! On the Vorsprung spec :sign omg:

View attachment 241207

Audi smart phone interface is though IU1
View attachment 241208

This translates as;
Audi smartphone interface connects your smartphone with your Audi and brings your smartphone content seamlessly directly to the IU1 MMI display.25 Navigation, telephony, music and selected third-party apps26 can be conveniently accessed via the
Control the MMI touch display and voice control. The connection can either be made using a suitable USB cable or wirelessly. 27
Audi smartphone interface can be used with:
• iOS smartphones, at least an iPhone 6, latest iOS version recommended
• Android smartphones, at least Android 5.0 (Lollipop), current Android version recommended and installed
Android Auto app

Reactions: kayemill
Sorry before someone corrects my numbers above, small typo, mind was elsewhere! Lol. Works at around 17% depreciation on those numbers.

But agreed, many factors to play out and just like we never saw the pandemic coming and the shortage of new cars/high used car prices it is very difficult to say where these cars will be in the future in terms of price. Like you mentioned though, the rs3 will still be sought after as always.

When is it typical for discounts to start flowing in? Someone mentioned they managed 5% but every one else has had to pay full list price.

Sorry for bring up the topic LOL. I think we should go back to discussing peeling stickers :redface new:
I’d say discounts quite soon…
As soon as Audi Uk realise they fu*#ed up by short changing the Uk on spec options and the showrooms have more demonstrators than buyers cos pple are taking their deposits back and buying fiat chicachento’s cos they got better wheel, interior options and a flat bottom wheel, and the pops and bangs from the exhaust won’t cost you £5k

Last edited:
Reactions: Mastachaz, AlwaysBeenS3 and NevMan
So on an RS3 Vorsprung, if you already have the sports exhaust and adaptive suspension are you just paying 5k for front ceramic brakes and 6mph more top speed?

Or am I missing something and the suspension or exhaust is also upgraded again?

Not sure on this 5k pack at all and don't understand whats actually in it for Vorsprung cars.

So on an RS3 Vorsprung, if you already have the sports exhaust and adaptive suspension are you just paying 5k for front ceramic brakes and 6mph more top speed?

Or am I missing something and the suspension or exhaust is also upgraded again?

Not sure on this 5k pack at all and don't understand whats actually in it for Vorsprung cars.

Don’t worry your £5k is safe, you can’t choose dynamic pack with Vorsprung. You get Adaptive suspension and sports Exhaust and speed increase to 174mph.

So you can’t choose ceramics on the Vorsprung

Don’t worry your £5k is safe, you can’t choose dynamic pack with Vorsprung. You get Adaptive suspension and sports Exhaust and speed increase to 174mph.

So you can’t choose ceramics on the Vorsprung
You can on the Vorsprung sportback if you use the dealer configurator site. There’s supposed to be an update on Monday

so yeah, why is it still £5k that does not make any sense. Perhaps the updates then will also correct some pricing...?

Reactions: NevMan
so yeah, why is it still £5k that does not make any sense. Perhaps the updates then will also correct some pricing...?
Doubt it.. it’s on the press release so can’t see it changing
D417D7DB 115C 4A07 BB5E 1F604CC79DC0

that price make zero sense then on the SB vorsprung as you already get Sports Exhaust and Adaptive Suspension, 5k for ceramics only ????

If you buy a standard or carbon, SB - you're effectively paying £500 then for sports exhaust + adaptive suspension when selection the dynamic pack - bargain or misprint !?!?!??????

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Best stick to customer configurator unless you are Audi Dealer

I was looking at Dealer site too.

So do we know what the 5k is buying us on Vorsprung models.

If the suspension and exhaust are getting no extra upgrades I’m not paying 5k for front ceramic brakes and 6mph more top speed.

Anyone we can ask from Audi UK?

The other thing that isn’t listed is the Audi Key - the ability to use your phone to open the car.

Agreed guess we have to wait and see maybe will ask my retailer as they're pretty decent with me.

Hi All

Better get running down to the Audi Dealer... @PeteRS3lee & @Snake Pliskin

Full details now out and cars can be ordered.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/en-gb/releases/156

Carbon Edition looks fairly useless - unless you like Carbon (effect)
The Launch Edition look pretty good spec from the quick look I have taken.

@Spinstorm - you can get started on your video now

Still looks like they are working on the configurator though as that hasn't gone live.
My thoughts exactly about the pricing.

Still disappointed they didnt increase the power a little. Unless they are lying. lol

Stock spec and carbon spec and pricing is crazy. Vorsprung is a no brainer. Huge amount more for approx £8K.
Pano roof
Carbon inlays
sports exhaust
nicer wheels
speed increase (bit useless for most though)
matrix lights
electric seas
lumber support
B& O
Inlays are carbon
Driver Assistance
Different steering wheel
powered tailgate
powered folding mirrors
adaptive suspension
advanced key

Ceramic front brakes - wow!!!

Quite amusing that you immediately have a £575 option for paint and there is no £0 cost option. Wonder if you asked for a £0 option and the car comes totally unpainted

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
Been experimenting with the colours etc and to be honest i can’t really find a colour that suits it I love Glacier but it doesn’t suit the front.

This is the 1st RS3 I’m not overly liking at all.

To me that front end is still overtaking the rest of the car, and still looks out of proportion.

Agreed, when i saw the saloon in Ara blue in 2016-7 i said "I want that!!

Didn't have that felling with this one, but its growing on me. Quite how its so much quicker around the Ring is a real mystery, the suspension has obviously been massively reworked and it has more torque and better software etc but me thinks Audi have lied about the true bhp

Agree re colours, i would struggling a bit

Daytona looks best but hides the lines and the black styling elements
Glacier white is ok
Green and Yellow are gross and really doesnt suit the car
Blue is too light and really doesnt suit the car
Red look ok if a bit bright

Wonder if Ara blue would suit it better - 2400 option lol

Reactions: NevMan
The more I look into getting an 8Y RS3 the more I'm looking at used 8V RS3 saloons... Think most people on this thread would be better getting a nice pre opf RS3 and saving 20-30k in doing so.
The more i look at the 8Y RS3, the more it cements my decision to stick with my 16000 mile 2017 fully loaded ara blue rs3 saloon. lol

Crazy decisions by Audi, no increase in power, big increase in price, round steering wheel, horrible colours, pano roof/many options only on vorsprung edition. Only surprising thing was they included front ceramic brakes in the vorsprung edition. But i guess thats the model they are hoping people will buy.

Ceramic front brakes was a £4350 option on my 2017 car! - though they are only good for the track, unless you drive like an idiot car thief on public roads

Reactions: Joxh and NevMan
The more i look at the 8Y RS3, the more it cements my decision to stick with my 16000 mile 2017 fully loaded ara blue rs3 saloon. lol

Crazy decisions by Audi, no increase in power, big increase in price, round steering wheel, horrible colours, pano roof/many options only on vorsprung edition. Only surprising thing was they included front ceramic brakes in the vorsprung edition. But i guess thats the model they are hoping people will buy.

Ceramic front brakes was a £4350 option on my 2017 car! - though they are only good for the track, unless you drive like an idiot car thief on public roads

Probably right, but one of the issues being used values are mental so would cost even more £’s, and unless you buy cash (find via other means) used finance is even more of a rip
Off than the 6.2% they are doing on the PCP .

On ceramics, all well and good but cost a lot more to replace the pads and obv. Discs vs “normal” discs and pads

I would agree. But you're probably saving £15k, but getting a 4yr older car!
Not far off.

If you go for the vorsprung and compared WBAC valuation of my car at £40K (private a bit more), then its £21K saving for a near 4 year 16K mile fully loaded old car. (with ceramics, but no rubbish round steering wheel!)

Just spoke with my dealership.

@S15THM finance numbers he said aren't out yet. Probably tomorrow.

Also, he is adamant Carbon Black version does NOT have the sports exhaust, so needs the RS pack. I get a Carbon black with just the Comfort & Sound pack and RS Pack and metallic at £62,320 OTR.

The Vorsprung which has every option already and metallic is just £59,225... Bear in mind this has pano roof, ACC, chassis control etc etc, it seems a no-brainer to go Vorsprung. BUT, that steering wheel :( And I'm also not convinced on the graphics on the alloys...
- RS sport exhaust system is clearly listed

but you can't add the dynamic pack to a vorsprung. They are messing with our minds, I tell you.
Its because the dynamic pack is already included in the vorsprung model. Vorsprung model is a no brainer, comes with everything....its just that round steering wheel is horrible!!!!

That's true but is that such a bad thing. Way better sound and looks (mostly). Performance is almost identical unless you're driving on the limit like 99% of us won't do and definitely a better interior design. I've tried to convince myself to like the 8Y but the 8V is still looking like a better buy, especially if prices start to drop as covid eases off and the used market settles back down. 8V Saloons were as low as 32 / 33k pre covid.

That's true but is that such a bad thing. Way better sound and looks (mostly). Performance is almost identical unless you're driving on the limit like 99% of us won't do and definitely a better interior design. I've tried to convince myself to like the 8Y but the 8V is still looking like a better buy, especially if prices start to drop as covid eases off and the used market settles back down. 8V Saloons were as low as 32 / 33k pre covid.

Mine was 36K pre covid at WBAC, now its £40K

Reactions: Joxh
I have it on good authority the torque splitter is available as standard on all the models. I also have my finance figures and the rate is 6.2% across the board. I have a 2.9% discount if I order but told there is no discounts available for anybody unless you're very close to someone high up ;)

Can also echo the thoughts regarding exhaust on the carbon edition.
no discounts...WTF....with everything else....a defo no from me, sticking with my 2017 saloon

As far as I’m aware Vorsprung does not have RS Dynamic Pack,

What I’m trying to figure out is are we literally paying 5k for front carbon brakes only and 6mph more top speed, or is there extra settings on the suspension and/or is the exhaust a “better” version with more adjustability/settings/flaps.

If the suspension and exhaust are identical, I’m not paying 5k for front ceramic brakes and 6mph more top speed.