RS3 v Tesla 3 Performance

I don't even know how to access to lifetime consumption. Let me know if you know how to do it. I purchased the car with 24000 miles so a bit irrelevant as everyone drives different journey and differently. Even if it consumes more, I couldn't careless as it has cost me just £12 after driving over 2000 miles in less than 2 months. I can leave a Ferrari 458 Italia or 911 Carrera GTS 992 latest generation in the rear view mirror from dig. Used to spend £110 a week in petrol in 3.4L Boxster S which is now put on SORN as I don't even miss it's mid-engined excellent handling or screaming flat six symphony from Valtronic exhausts.
But, they are as dull as dishwater.

Electric is the way. But batteries are for woke muppets that think they are saving the world.

But, they are as dull as dishwater.
Have you owned one? Have you lived with one? How is it dull when it knows before I even go to work at 5am in the morning and it automatically pre conditions the cabin and turns on the heated seat to my liking when I'm still having a coffee inside the house? It adjusts the seats to position I like when i sit on the seat and it shows me what was recorded on 360 camera whilst I was sleep? My Porsche can't do that. Even people that has several Hypercars or supercars in their garage still keep Tesla or other fast EVs as their workhorse as they're so good at making your life easy. Even CEO and owner of Koenigsegg drives Tesla Model 3P and he calls it best daily. And last week SVJ owner I met in local pub in my village drives Model S P100D as his daily and Plaid is on order. Can't be that bad when these millionaires or billionaires drive these EV as their daily.

Attachments

• PXL_20230407_155315415.jpg
    PXL_20230407_155315415.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: kayemill
Electric is the way. But batteries are for woke muppets that think they are saving the world.
And for those who enjoy generous tax breaks

Reactions: RSt3ve and rngDeadeye
Have you owned one? Have you lived with one? How is it dull when it knows before I even go to work at 5am in the morning and it automatically pre conditions the cabin and turns on the heated seat to my liking when I'm still having a coffee inside the house? It adjusts the seats to position I like when i sit on the seat and it shows me what was recorded on 360 camera whilst I was sleep? My Porsche can't do that. Even people that has several Hypercars or supercars in their garage still keep Tesla or other fast EVs as their workhorse as they're so good at making your life easy. Even CEO and owner of Koenigsegg drives Tesla Model 3P and he calls it best daily. And last week SVJ owner I met in local pub in my village drives Model S P100D as his daily and Plaid is on owner. Can't be that bad when these millionaires or billionaires drive these EV as their daily.
They may be very clever....but they are dull.
The general drive of them is dull and the noise of them is awful. Hence all the sound effects manufacturers have to put in

True story bro, I had a Tesla almost take me out as he overtook me trying to overtake a car in front of me on a backroad. Yep he overtook me and another car. No noise so I didn't even know he was there. Checked mirror no car. Went to pull out and the Tesla was about halfway alongside me. Luckily I checked again and pulled back in. The air was blue for at least 5 minutes though.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill
Tesla's Autopilot also makes my commute more comfortable and safer
Now I know he's definitely trolling. Autopilot is terrible.

Nothing says comfortable and safer more than having to keep my foot hovered above the accelerator because I'm expecting it to slam the anchors on for no reason.

Reactions: NevMan
Have you owned one? Have you lived with one? How is it dull when it knows before I even go to work at 5am in the morning and it automatically pre conditions the cabin and turns on the heated seat to my liking when I'm still having a coffee inside the house? It adjusts the seats to position I like when i sit on the seat and it shows me what was recorded on 360 camera whilst I was sleep? My Porsche can't do that. Even people that has several Hypercars or supercars in their garage still keep Tesla or other fast EVs as their workhorse as they're so good at making your life easy. Even CEO and owner of Koenigsegg drives Tesla Model 3P and he calls it best daily. And last week SVJ owner I met in local pub in my village drives Model S P100D as his daily and Plaid is on order. Can't be that bad when these millionaires or billionaires drive these EV as their daily.
Not owned but driven for a number of months.
Not my cup of tea.

We get it. You are not a fan of EV. Whatever i say, as a Porsche enthusiast and PetroHead, you will always find even the smallest issue and make it a big deal out of it and ignore all the pros that massively outweigh the cons. As previously explained that so many supercar owners run EVs as their daily and that's exactly what i do although i don't have a supercar, lucky to have a traditional mid-engined sports car and performance EV that have completely different characters and i do enjoy their differences and appreciate the past and future even more. Being said that even the RS6 felt sluggish when i punched it on public road. RS3 looks aggressive though in the rear view mirror.

Lol try mixing it with a car that has the same bhp at least!

EV drivers fail to understand that being fast to 60 isn't what all drivers want. I would not want a TM3 even if it had 1000hp.

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit
Not only that but saying the pros outweigh the cons is fine if you’re spending a ton of cash on one and not financing it (as I imagine most are).

A M3P with the same deposit as I put on my car, and roughly the same RRP, is £400 PER MONTH more expensive. At that cost I’d never make any savings, especially once you factor in increased insurance as well.

I have nothing against the concept but they’re not there yet, and no overall benefit as a personal buyer. If you’re trying to avoid some tax for a business I can maybe see it, but even then I’d imagine it would take years to break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you haters fail to understand is that a lot of those high performance EV owners also have 911, Lotus, Ferrari and other weekend cars at home. Sorry for you if you are not in a position to be able to enjoy both of these different inventions. EV certainly won't make sense if you can't live without vroom vroom sound and pops and bangs that many teenagers at McDonald's car park do. If I can afford one day (in a few years) it would be Model S Plaid (Track Package), 340kmh top speed from factory, 9.2 secs 1/4 and capable of leaving McLaren 720S in the rear view mirror, and keep it alongside a GT3 in the garage just because I'm a Porsche enthusiast and simply can't deal with Taycan's infotainment, without dedicated supercharger networks, and over all its inferior in many aspects. I wouldn't want to in an Aldi, excuse me, Audi RS3 even if it has 1000 bhp and 1000 mph electronically limited speed limit. Rather be in a proper sports car, not a ****** RS3. LOL

Hold up, you come to an RS3 forum trying to shove the M3P down our throats and then start saying you’d never want one no matter what. Why are you here? I think it’s time you vanished to a Tesla forum so you can talk about all the cars you beat in a straight line, or the Porsche forum so you can talk about lap times.

Reactions: cooperp, NevMan, Sandra and 2 others
Not only that but saying the pros outweigh the cons is fine if you’re spending a ton of cash on one and not financing it (as I imagine most are).

A M3P with the same deposit as I put on my car, and roughly the same RRP, is £400 PER MONTH more expensive. At that cost I’d never make any savings, especially once you factor in increased insurance as well.

I have nothing against the concept but they’re not there yet, and no overall benefit as a personal buyer. If you’re trying to avoid some tax for a business I can maybe see it, but even then I’d imagine it would take years to break even.

I bought mine with 24000 miles, prestige condition in/outside. Paid cash and free charge at work, so it feels like free travel. If you do like mine, it is a bargain of the century. I wouldn't order brand new cars unless it is 992 GT3 RS or something rare to be built to your liking. I will do the same with a pre owned Model S Plaid one day and it will be a freaking beast.
Hold up, you come to an RS3 forum trying to shove the M3P down our throats and then start saying you’d never want one no matter what. Why are you here? I think it’s time you vanished to a Tesla forum so you can talk about all the cars you beat in a straight line, or the Porsche forum so you can talk about lap times.

Go check my initial post in the thread, (replied to Mike) it was intended to correct and open fellow car enthusiasts eyes about the costs, fuel consumption and how good EV is as a daily even for someone like me that is usually into only cars with either mid or rear mounted NA engines and screaming and howling flat six from behind the head. I love mine and that's what matters. Will never go back to ICE cars to use as a daily. Enjoy yours too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510-052025.png
    Screenshot_20230510-052025.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 58
Lol can @Sandra ban this troll :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: NevMan, Sandra and itsbigyellow
I can’t believe the biggest thread on the RS3 8Y forum is about a Tesla.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46 and A4B9
This is amazing, put a car with more power up against the TM3 and it gets beaten. Try not to cry into your bland interior mate.

TX.

Reactions: rngDeadeye, NevMan, itsbigyellow and 1 other person
I really don't get why some Tesla owners feel the need to pontificate to others the virtue of their car/choice of powertain.

For all it's many faults, I absolutely adore my M3P, so much so that I went and got a Model Y as the family runaround but it works for me, I still love petrol, I would love to own something like an RS3, M2 or a Cayman and I really don't feel the need to tell everyone else that my car is better than their car - mainly because it's really not.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, flybynite and 1 other person
I really don't get why some Tesla owners feel the need to pontificate to others the virtue of their car/choice of powertain.
For all it's many faults, I absolutely adore my M3P, so much so that I went and got a Model Y as the family runaround but it works for me, I still love petrol, I would love to own something like an RS3, M2 or a Cayman and I really don't feel the need to tell everyone else that my car is better than their car - mainly because it's really not.
You get the fanboyism everywhere, talk on a Caterham forum about a Westfield, or a 911 forum about a Cayman, but the Teslararti do indeed have some of the best :tearsofjoy:

Personally there are days I just don't give a stuff and want to get somwhere, usually there is heavy traffic, weather ***** and pounding headache when I think a Tesla would fit the bill just fine. If I did more of that I would probably have a Tesla. If I had fewer cars and more room I might have one just for those days.

The problem is on the days when I am up for it and on it then I want a car that can rise to the occasion, I have tried driving a Tesla on those days and it just leaves me cold. You can calm an RS3 down easier than you can make a Tesla exciting.

It is the reason that after driving decades of weird and wonderful machinery the DAZA RS3 for me is a keeper for as long as I can. It is the fact you can drive it fast and loud, but you can also close the valves and drive it slow and quiet, It looks after you in bad weather unlike a lot of other cars and it has 4 doors and 4 seats. Not many cars can do it all so well.

You are quite right, that is what happens and then equally causes counter (sometimes unreasonable responses) but does seem to be a divisive subject. As you say just enjoy what you have and don’t try and tell everyone it is the best at everything

Reactions: A4B9 and 8YARWY
I can’t believe the biggest thread on the RS3 8Y forum is about a Tesla.

A friend of mine started a thread on MV Agusta.net, the MV Agusta 312RR apparently clocked 312kph on the Nardo test ring, hence the name, he never ever owned one, but started a thread 'Where do I stand legally as my MV Agusta 312RR wont do 312kph?' he then fuelled the fire answering questions etc, it was the longest ever thread at the time until the moderators stopped it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

And for those who enjoy generous tax breaks
Yeah, I'm paying £24 a month for my Company Model Y. Throw in £5 a 75% fill up and for a daily it's a no brainer.

All the money I'm saving is going towards a big petrol powered blowout!

Reactions: A4B9, 8YARWY, rngDeadeye and 1 other person
Yeah, I'm paying £24 a month for my Company Model Y. Throw in £5 a 75% fill up and for a daily it's a no brainer.

All the money I'm saving is going towards a big petrol powered blowout!

Great if you’re doing it that way! But for personal buyers on finance it’s not worth it.

Reactions: NevMan, flybynite and garethdj
Great if you’re doing it that way! But for personal buyers on finance it’s not worth it.

Absolutely.

I'd still be in my RS3 if I didn't have the option to do it the way I've done it. No contest.