RS3 v Tesla 3 Performance

Just been into Kia. EV6 Test drive booked for next week.

Only one that interests me is the GT that’s here in November.

Matt grey one looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally

Let us know what you think afterwards pls. You been in EV's before?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
Let us know what you think afterwards pls. You been in EV's before?

TX.

Will do.

Been in a Tesla but wasn’t impressed with
1) panel gaps
2) interior.

EV6 interior is leagues better.

GT will have bucket seats but loses pano roof

Really ? :grimacing:
not my cup of tea (any EV) but if it appeals to you then give it a go mate.
Let us know how you get on :icon thumright:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Really ? :grimacing:
not my cup of tea (any EV) but if it appeals to you then give it a go mate.
Let us know how you get on :icon thumright:

Still not 100% on that RS interior if I’m honest.
The EV6 GT has a lot more colour and nicer seats IMO.

Reactions: FBF01, Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
Still not 100% on that RS interior if I’m honest.
The EV6 GT has a lot more colour and nicer seats IMO.

You gotta go for what appeals to you most mate.

Just put mine away in the garage and the exterior is just awesome - so ****** mean & loving the carbon & black roof & Matt black alloys. You know a car is special when you keep looking back at it & admiring it.

will the EV exterior do that for you or are focussing too much on the interior ... or is the Kia doing it for you inside & out - can’t say I’ve even seen one tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x
Will do.

Been in a Tesla but wasn’t impressed with
1) panel gaps
2) interior.

EV6 interior is leagues better.

GT will have bucket seats but loses pano roof

The panel gaps on the Tesla was one of the things I took notice of, the car I drove was 200 miles old and the panel gaps looked quite good to me, maybe they're getting better? I'm with you on the non existent interior though, didnt like the big ipad or the wood effect dash trim.

Let us know what you think of the Kia EV6 :)

The biggest gripe I have with EVs is the fact that if you buy new, not only are you buying a car that's over twice the price of a petrol variant, you don't even own the batteries. A lot of people don't realise you have to pay a lease charge every month of ownership and it's not exactly out there in the advertising. On top of that, a lot of second hand EVs don't have battery warranty.

The biggest gripe I have with EVs is the fact that if you buy new, not only are you buying a car that's over twice the price of a petrol variant, you don't even own the batteries. A lot of people don't realise you have to pay a lease charge every month of ownership and it's not exactly out there in the advertising. On top of that, a lot of second hand EVs don't have battery warranty.

Errr twice the price ? Not sure where you get that from ?

RS 3 8Y in top spec 63k

EV6 GT (577 hp / 740nm) 58k

I did a few insurance quotes this last week as my insurance is due 29th Jan, I didnt want to ring up in a months time and find my current company wanted huge amounts for the RS3 (oddly it's only £10 more than my Golf R (£230 to £240)-happy days :happy:) I also did insurancce quotes for the Tesla 3 Performance, it came back with the cheapest at £496, over twice as high as RS3 !!!!!!........any idea's why?

I did a few insurance quotes this last week as my insurance is due 29th Jan, I didnt want to ring up in a months time and find my current company wanted huge amounts for the RS3 (oddly it's only £10 more than my Golf R (£230 to £240)-happy days :happy:) I also did insurancce quotes for the Tesla 3 Performance, it came back with the cheapest at £496, over twice as high as RS3 !!!!!!........any idea's why?

Lol always makes me chuckle when insurance difference questions are asked.

Too many variables.

You say £240 for an RS3…….wow, that’s good.

Reactions: Waq1 and Jassyo06
Hardly a direct comparison.....

Why isn’t it a Direct comparison ?

EV6 GT 0-60 is 3.5 sec. It’s classed as a performance variant same as the Audi.

d34c686a3bd5e3048acf9547e8db0510.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike.46, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Lol always makes me chuckle when insurance difference questions are asked.

Too many variables.

You say £240 for an RS3…….wow, that’s good.

£243.16 to be exact which was around £100 cheaper than I was getting with comparison sites, although obviously no guarantee as it will probably be over 29 days away

Ah it’s that’s car !
A variant of it was on Fifth Gear recently.
It looks quite a large car.
As with all EV’s it has one ace card of mega acceleration & if you think that will sustain your interest then go for it mate.

Errr twice the price ? Not sure where you get that from ?

RS 3 8Y in top spec 63k

EV6 GT (577 hp / 740nm) 58k

Perhaps he meant twice the weight :tearsofjoy:

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

The EV6 would be better compared to an RS4, it's a lot bigger than the RS3.

Speaking of insurance quotes as l sold my TTS at the very start of October at that point we had to cancel the vehicle insurance 4 years no claims...now given that the long lead times on the RS3 could stretch into 2023 especially with an exclusive paint is it possible that because of this lengthy lead time l could lose my 4 year's ncb ?

Speaking of insurance quotes as l sold my TTS at the very start of October at that point we had to cancel the vehicle insurance 4 years no claims...now given that the long lead times on the RS3 could stretch into 2023 especially with an exclusive paint is it possible that because of this lengthy lead time l could lose my 4 year's ncb ?

No just keep yer proof of it.

Had this before myself.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Perhaps he meant twice the weight :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Lol yes the EV will always be the heavier car.

One thing you’ll never get away from like with the bigger RS cars is the mass of them.
I’m under no illusions it’ll suffer in the corners.

Reactions: Terminator x
300 mm longer.
RS3 dims
359295465a7d212f6edbf4bebcf3c212.jpg

EV6 dims
58e1a8d1794e0e0734e07c816a7143dc.jpg

Yes it’s heavier by 430 kg.

I was talking EV's to a friend of mine, weight came into it I said it's only 200kg heavier, he repiled thats like putting your motorcycle in the boot, brought it home to me that one, the Kia is like putting 2 motorcycles in the boot

I was talking EV's to a friend of mine, weight came into it I said it's only 200kg heavier, he repiled thats like putting your motorcycle in the boot, brought it home to me that one, the Kia is like putting 2 motorcycles in the boot

Downside of EV’s as the batteries will always have weight.

EV6 does seem a lot bigger than the official figures say though.

Still doesn’t put me off buying one, well assuming it test drives ok.

Reactions: Mike.46, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Had this myself recently. Most insurance companies accept NCB up to 2 years since your last policy ended. I had a break of 2.5 years between policies so this meant I had to find an insurer that accepted NCB up to 3 years prior (Co-op if anyone is interested).

Reactions: Jassyo06
The panel gaps on the Tesla was one of the things I took notice of, the car I drove was 200 miles old and the panel gaps looked quite good to me, maybe they're getting better? I'm with you on the non existent interior though, didnt like the big ipad or the wood effect dash trim.

Let us know what you think of the Kia EV6 :)

The new Tesla model 3 have better quality panel gaps I’ve seen on a review.
They also have the newer LFP batteries.

Reactions: Mike.46

The ones built in Freemont were p1ss poor. I had a few in last year, but the Chinese built M3s were much better and bordering on perfect TBH

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

A mate of mine got a Model 3 around Xmas, said the quality is pretty good. And best car he has ever had. He has had a few Audis

Reactions: FBF01, Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
A mate of mine got a Model 3 around Xmas, said the quality is pretty good. And best car he has ever had. He has had a few Audis
Yer mate needs to visit the Quack.....lol

• Haha
Reactions: FBF01, Detail Devil and Snake Pliskin
Just throwing this into the arena chap.

Life Cycle Analysis Comparison: Electric Vs. Gasoline Vehicles

According to a report from the Union of Concerned Scientists, the production of a full-sized long-range electric vehicle (similar to a Tesla Model S) adds about 6 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions, 68% higher than the production of a comparable gasoline car.

Reactions: Waq1, Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
A bit more for all you eco car bods.

Lithium​

Some of the largest lithium deposits on the planet reside in Mexico, South America and East ****. In these poor parts of the globe, environmentally damaging mining operations can go unchecked in the name of fueling desperate economies.
To create a lithium battery, you need lithium carbonate. This concentrated material comes as the result of refining a raw “soup” of lithium-containing salts in evaporation pools.

Pools of mineral-rich brine (water with high concentrations of salt) are left to evaporate until the solid salts can be filtered out. The process is water-intensive, using up to 500,000 gallons of water per ton of lithium carbonate produced.

Making matters worse, the process of refining lithium also uses toxic chemicals like hydrochloric acid, which can leach into local ecosystems and habitats.

Reactions: Terminator x and Snake Pliskin

According to a report from the Union of Concerned Scientists, the production of a full-sized long-range electric vehicle (similar to a Tesla Model S) adds about 6 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions, 68% higher than the production of a comparable gasoline car.

The Green Party don’t publicise that do they.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Charlie Farley

Good overview Do you recall when we were all good winked in to buying Diesel cars as they were so much more fuel efficient…..but killed folks at the same time!
Buy EVs and save the world…..what a load of bollokcs

Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Greener to run but not to build so it all evens out, EV are no better than petrol or diesel, it all about how they are being marketed.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
A bit more for all you eco car bods.

Lithium​

Some of the largest lithium deposits on the planet reside in Mexico, South America and East ****. In these poor parts of the globe, environmentally damaging mining operations can go unchecked in the name of fueling desperate economies.
To create a lithium battery, you need lithium carbonate. This concentrated material comes as the result of refining a raw “soup” of lithium-containing salts in evaporation pools.

Pools of mineral-rich brine (water with high concentrations of salt) are left to evaporate until the solid salts can be filtered out. The process is water-intensive, using up to 500,000 gallons of water per ton of lithium carbonate produced.

Making matters worse, the process of refining lithium also uses toxic chemicals like hydrochloric acid, which can leach into local ecosystems and habitats.

That’s not good at all ... I’ve also read the average life expectancy of a combustion engine car is 15 years vs just 10 for an EV so again not good when you factor in the above

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Toyota with their prius cars and the production of the batteries fitted were slated so many times over the ecological effects of battery production was having, they still do it but it's just been swept under the carpet, a bit like all the rest, what you can't see and all that.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Garrett 69
With you on that Rob. Li-ion battery production from mining to finished product is far more harmful to the environment than diesel.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Snake Pliskin