RS3 v Tesla 3 Performance

Yes, thank f**k for that :)

Just be prepared when your sat at the lights and one whines up next to you and the wife says ''Why are we turning left here?''
Lol every one without fail is driving like Miss Daisy, too worried about the range!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
They will still be totally out dated by electric cars of the future....................and I never thought I would live to say that, I am a petrol head through and through, just look at todays offerings which are in the electric cars ealy days of development,

Compare an RS3 to a Tesla 3 Performance, just on facts, leave the emotions and male ego out of it
It's quicker
It's quieter
It's £500 a year less to tax
It costs around £5 per 100 miles in fuel v around £20 for RS3
There is no routine servicing, non.

PS: And they will tell you order one now and you can have it March, none of this (my own experience) BW 16 --- BW8 --- BW49 that now 5 weeks ago and I have heard FA

EV's will get quicker, more powerfull, more economical, longer range, faster charging and maybe cheaper in the next 5 years.
ICE's will get tougher emissions, higher road tax, higher fuel tax and banned from Cities in the next 5 years

It doesnt mean I want one though :)
The thing l have with almost all EV car's and even more so with Tesla is the exterior design why can't they just make the design more in line with ice car's a Tesla to my eyes is utterly ungainly looking from most angles a white Tesla at the front reminds of a Klu Klux Mask the interior of all Tesla cars are stark looking l aint a fan of the one screen mounted to the right on the centre console even Audi's EV exterior designs aren't great either the Taycan is probably the best looking EV to date

Reactions: Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
The thing l have with almost all EV car's and even more so with Tesla is the exterior design why can't they just make the design more in line with ice car's a Tesla to my eyes is utterly ungainly looking from most angles a white Tesla at the front reminds of a Klu Klux Mask the interior of all Tesla cars are stark looking l aint a fan of the one screen mounted to the right on the centre console even Audi's EV exterior designs aren't great either the Taycan is probably the best looking EV to date
Tend to agree because it still look like a normal Porsche. I even like some of the companies that take an old car and electrify it, expensive though.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Test drive of the Kia EV6 tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: FBF01, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others

Jean luc ....James T.....all you'll need is your Enterprise cossie lol

Attachments

• efa731915edbdf320e4c80798331e1fc.gif
    efa731915edbdf320e4c80798331e1fc.gif
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Lol cheers, I know your dying to say it…….

@jassyo06 said it perfectly lol :tearsofjoy:
But .... ;)
Did i mention my thoughts on EV’s ??

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, 8YARWY and 1 other person

I stopped off at the Kia garage the other day, they had an EV6 outside, I didnt like it, it was much bigger than it came over in any pictures/video's I have seen and just looked cheap...........to me anyway :(

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol cheers, I know your dying to say it…….

Happy EV test driving day Sean.
With any luck you’ll get all the EV attraction out your blood in one test drive today and then come to your senses mate ;)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ wtf ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I’ll never complain about the vorsprung steering wheel again lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06
With any luck you’ll get all the EV attraction out your blood in one test drive today and then come to your senses mate ;)

View attachment 248570

Lol that’s an Ionic5 mate.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin

View attachment 248570

Having watched a video on various peoples opinions on the RS3 8Y, they all seem to say the interior is a huge let down.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Having watched a video on various peoples opinions on the RS3 8Y, they all seem to say the interior is a huge let down.

I think ‘huge’ is an exaggeration mate lol
Most say if we had the interior pack it would be spot on. Having lived with the car 1.5 weeks I’m liking the interior and it definitely feels audi quality - yes it’s not 100% perfect - but it still feels audi premium. Seats, steering wheel, virtual dash, MMI all look & feel great. Yes it’s a bit dark but I’m over that. & mate the exterior is fA%#^ing stunning :icon thumright:
Oh and did I mention it has an ICE and a 5 pot at that and makes a noise from an exhaust ;) lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Terminator x, NevMan and 5 others
I think ‘huge’ is an exaggeration mate lol
Most say if we had the interior pack it would be spot on. Having lived with the car 1.5 weeks I’m liking the interior and it definitely feels audi quality - yes it’s not 100% perfect - but it still feels audi premium. Seats, steering wheel, virtual dash, MMI all look & feel great. Yes it’s a bit dark but I’m over that. & mate the exterior is fA%#^ing stunning :icon thumright:
Oh and did I mention it has an ICE and a 5 pot at that and makes a noise from an exhaust ;) lol

It’s still just an A3 interior

Reactions: Jassyo06

I would agree with that, something like a little colour or an 'extended leather' option would lift the car interior hugely (imho)

Reactions: 8YARWY
I would agree with that, something like a little colour or an 'extended leather' option would lift the car interior hugely (imho)

I’m sure there is a solution to that ... outside the uk ;)

Reactions: Mike.46
you could say that about the 8v though mate.

The 8V had interior options though, and in my opinion was the best A3 interior they ever did.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
you could say that about the 8v though mate.
One of the reasons I went Golf R over S3 at the time was I didn’t like the pop up screen or the minimalistic look of the S3 dash/interior, I guess we are all different in our tastes, not right or wrong, just different

Reactions: 3vans, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 1 other person
The 8V had interior options though, and in my opinion was the best A3 interior they ever did.

it was at the time agreed & all the materials felt too quality but the 8y feels up to date & modern at least.

EV6 interior @T-1000

it’s not my cup of tea ... but you know that lol ;)

I’d sooner wait out for the new BMW M2 personally if the RS3 ain’t floating your boat.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Hmmm interesting.

Obviously not a full fat GT but I liked it.

More on it once I’ve gathered some thoughts.

f4de8113078834b23505bbf00717a759.jpg

dd0715f653881400ef9c1bb27930c9b0.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: FBF01, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Hmmm interesting.

Well sounds like not a flat out no. What is the cost of the GT? Similar to RS3 money?

Reactions: Jcbmally, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Hmmm interesting.

definitely interested to hear your thoughts mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan

View attachment 248570

Could be worse!

iu

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Hmmm interesting.

Like all Korean brands they take/replicate styling ques/references from European manufacturers from the front it resembles the Jag iPace and it's very similar from side on it's the rear end that looks too much especially when it's Litt up..... Litt up.....had to get The "Suits" reference in lol As for the interior its a bit star ship Enterprise but defo an EV i'd be interested in if a EV was what l required

Funnily enough we went to Tesla after some lunch.
Booked a test drive

Now who's the JOKER.... Arkham Asylum awaits you mate.....roll on the lighter nights......lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin

8Y interior ....i have always liked the dash layout on the 8Y even the vents not a problem with myself... it's the door cards/ armrests center console that lets it down even with the design pack the armrests plastic/faux leatherette is dreadful looking.....the faux leatherette on my 8v/TTS looked the part...ie very similar looking to the real leather parts now it's so obvious it's a cheap looking plastic

Remember back in the day Audi gave the door armrest coverings a stupid...name Mono Pur perhaps they should bring that option back

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
He'll be vexing his brain constantly on how to remap them batteries.....New Forum Avatar..... Duracell BUNNY T-1000 KW's
Ha ha brilliant
“remap the battery pack”
I love it :tearsofjoy:

Captain Jean Luc Tron Automan Sean Picard

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
8Y interior ....i have always liked the dash layout on the 8Y even the vents not a problem with myself... it's the door cards/ armrests center console that lets it down even with the design pack the armrests plastic/faux leatherette is dreadful looking.....the faux leatherette on my 8v/TTS looked the part...ie very similar looking to the real leather parts now it's so obvious it's a cheap looking plastic

Remember back in the day Audi gave the door armrest coverings a stupid...name Mono Pur perhaps they should bring that option back

in my 2013 S5 the door armrests were real leather & had thick padding.

Mono Pur ... who on earth came up with that name lol

Can you remember back to around 2009/10 I think ... you could spec baseball leather on the TT

There were loads of options back then.

my TTS even had 2 tone leather (black & silvery white)

• Love
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
TBF, re EV’s, a Chinese brand “NIO” is tested on Fifth Gear Recharged (episode 8). Now if the way you “charge” the batteries is like that I’ll have an EV tomorrow.
4B3788A1 3306 4127 96E7 B1A6C77DABC5

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin