RS3 v Tesla 3 Performance

Absolutely nothing at the moment having extension work on the house started in the next few weeks so been busy getting that sorted .
Booked a week in the Atlantis the palm Dubai for May plus planning a holiday to America in July so i'am skint now :laughing:

ha ha yeah no rush mate & other priorities (house & holidays) more important. Last 2 years has gone on our house & zero holidays so we’re booked for Canaries in summer & USA in the autumn & can’t flipin’ wait :)

ps: both holidays sound ace mate :sunglasses:

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
As a long time RS3 owner I’ve not been as bothered / excited by the new model, what has added to it for me is the current attitude towards sales / inflated new RS sales prices and not knowing when a car is even going to be built.

My other feelings are I’ll be doing all the same things to the same car over again in terms of mods etc, that I did on the 8V.

For me personally it’s time maybe for something different……….

And it’s ok for @Snake Pliskin to say in an earlier post that maybe I need that ‘Mercedes’ moment like he had, I’ve had that in between the PFL and FL when I bought a new Golf 7.5 R so now for me owning a new 8Y isn’t a be all and end all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your thoughts, Yes I can see completely where you are coming from. The 8Y will be my first RS3 (just too slow in getting myself into fast hatches)
The model 3 styling does not do it for me but I’m certainly waiting for something EV wise that appeals.
I am almost approaching RS3 as a temporary ownership proposition (unlike Golf R heading to 6yrs ownership in April)
Who knows I may really like everything about RS3 (except bills). Alternatively, d Enjoy it for year or two and move on to….let’s see what models are available then.

Reactions: Mike.46, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
@T-1000

Paint colour choice was very poor at Tesla. Thought I’d like the white interior but seeing it first hand it felt a bit over powering ... what did you think ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I think it's a 'change' too early tbh, but there really doesnt seem to be an awfull lot of negatives
Yes, I’m still wanting a little drama from engine hence ordering RS3. EV do seem to be ticking so many boxes now and generally, as you say, not much in negative column

Reactions: Mike.46
Yes mate l no longer require/desire a car like the RS3...nowt to do with the car just more content on how things are in my life now without having a pcp,worrying about all that entails owning a any desirable fast car its 4 months since l sold the TTS....and its liberating driving a 1 litre fiesta and by doing so has changed my outlook on cars and life in general
Totally get where you are coming from mate

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
ha ha yeah no rush mate & other priorities (house & holidays) more important. Last 2 years has gone on our house & zero holidays so we’re booked for Canaries in summer & USA in the autumn & can’t flipin’ wait :)

ps: both holidays sound ace mate :sunglasses:
Yeah other stuff is taking Priority at the moment really missed our holidays too so can't wait for them .

Where you going in the states mate ? we haven't decided what state to visit yet .

Yeah other stuff is taking Priority at the moment really missed our holidays too so can't wait for them .

Where you going in the states mate ? we haven't decided what state to visit yet .

San Fran & Vegas mate.

San Fran & Vegas mate.
Brilliant San Fran & Vegas was my last holiday in 2019 before the world turned upside down . If you haven't been to San Fran before look at doing
a trip down the PCH to Monterey & Carmel its beautiful .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Brilliant San Fran & Vegas was my last holiday in 2019 before the world turned upside down . If you haven't been to San Fran before look at doing
a trip down the PCH to Monterey & Carmel its beautiful .

cheers mate yes will be our 1st time there so looking forward to that, followed by 10 days in Vegas taking in our fave bars & restaurants & relaxing in the day by the Aria pool :)

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
@T-1000

Paint colour choice was very poor at Tesla. Thought I’d like the white interior but seeing it first hand it felt a bit over powering ... what did you think ?

Yes agree.

Be grey or blue for me.

Reactions: NevMan
cheers mate yes will be our 1st time there so looking forward to that, followed by 10 days in Vegas taking in our fave bars & restaurants & relaxing in the day by the Aria pool :)

We did San Francisco in 2010 Xmas.

It was the bad winter that year, where we got to Manchester Airport and the flight was cancelled lol. Went 3 days later though and the Hotel (Fisherman’s wharf) juggled around our dates so we didn’t lose any time.

Superb Holiday as is Las Vegas.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
That white interior is just toooo much lol.

It looks cool in photos but yeah it was too much when you see it first hand - black was nice & even had contrast stitching lol

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
That white interior is just toooo much lol.

There were a couple of blue performance with black interiors in the inventory ready for immediate delivery when I checked last night.

I’ve just placed an order for a blue one with the white interior a couple of days ago.

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
Better wheel

84508a460ad03546d076cae7e4250016.png

Reactions: NevMan and Mike.46
Interesting.

Reactions: NevMan and Mike.46
There were a couple of blue performance with black interiors in the inventory ready for immediate delivery when I checked last night.

I’ve just placed an order for a blue one with the white interior a couple of days ago.

I’d looked at the inventory, there’s a blue one in there, but I don’t want it until March anyway so it can be a 22 plate.

Reactions: NevMan and A4B9
Interesting.

Interesting, when I used to Engineer the race cars, a car with just a touch of understeer, not enough to need to lift but one that could be firmly planted asap after mid corner apex was generally the faster race car, all this oversteer nonsense of Chris Harris just doesnt equate to a fast lap time, I would have said the FWD would have been quicker than the RWD car, but, I guesswe dont 'really' know what the Tesla ecu was doing as he said

I test drove a model 3 long range on Sunday. Blew me away to be honest. Was well finished inside, seats comfy, tech great, panel gaps etc all seemed fine. Found the one pedal driving so intuitive, the instant acceleration addictive, steered well, rode well. Great all rounder and really left an impression.

If it looked externally a bit more appealing then I’d order one in an instant. However spending my own money the car needs to excite me a bit more from the outside. Can’t see me getting up early on a Sunday morning to give it a wash and a coat of wax. Such a shame as it’s the best car I’ve driven in a long time

I can totally understand why so many people are converting to ev. If I could afford a taycan I’d be sorted

Reactions: Mike.46, NevMan and 8YARWY
I test drove a model 3 long range on Sunday. Blew me away to be honest. Was well finished inside, seats comfy, tech great, panel gaps etc all seemed fine. Found the one pedal driving so intuitive, the instant acceleration addictive, steered well, rode well. Great all rounder and really left an impression.

If it looked externally a bit more appealing then I’d order one in an instant. However spending my own money the car needs to excite me a bit more from the outside. Can’t see me getting up early on a Sunday morning to give it a wash and a coat of wax. Such a shame as it’s the best car I’ve driven in a long time

I can totally understand why so many people are converting to ev. If I could afford a taycan I’d be sorted

in context of an ‘EV’ it’s a great car ... just not desirable imo.

For those who just want to get from A to B and are happy to have a generic looking car (or it’s a tax efficient company car) then yeah it has its target market.

The high performance models have incredible acceleration but I do question if the novelty would wear off & if the minimal interior would become boring after a while ... but after test driving one myself recently it did impress me in many ways - especially the tech ... but I’m gonna enjoy Petrol engines whilst I still can as plenty of time post 2030-35 to go electric when there may be no alternative by then.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Mike.46, Terminator x and 2 others
Battery lawnmower different thing all together to a car come on lol .. I’ve had a battery mower for years but it’s a tool for a job not a desirable car.
I have a very desirable Makita battery lawnmower. I don't consider any Tesla desirable.

in context of an ‘EV’ it’s a great car ... just not desirable imo.

For those who just want to get from A to B and are happy to have a generic looking car (or it’s a tax efficient company car) then yeah it has its target market.

The high performance models have incredible acceleration but I do question if the novelty would wear off & if the minimal interior would become boring after a while ... but after test driving one myself recently it did impress me in many ways - especially the tech ... but I’m gonna enjoy Petrol engines whilst I still can as plenty of time post 2030-35 to go electric when there may be no alternative by then.
So, let your imagination run wild, If you went to your local Audi dealer and there was an RS3etron in the showroom that looked exactly like your RS3 (but with a colour pack to the interior :) ) and drove like a Tesla 3 performance and with all the road tax, fuel and service savings would that tempt you?

• Sad
Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan and Terminator x
I hate progress, nothing wrong with what weve got, who wants a round wheel anyway ?
Progress

Reactions: NevMan
One mans progress is another mans scrap metal.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
So, let your imagination run wild, If you went to your local Audi dealer and there was an RS3etron in the showroom that looked exactly like your RS3 (but with a colour pack to the interior :) ) and drove like a Tesla 3 performance and with all the road tax, fuel and service savings would that tempt you?

no ... because as I’ve previously noted the sound is half the enjoyment for me so I’ll be having ICE cars till they cease production.

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Mike.46
Second test drive tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: FBF01, Snake Pliskin, A4B9 and 1 other person
Mrs Tesla coming soon
5528DA16 F15D 411C 8AF6 ABF1801413C0

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Second test drive tomorrow

wife has ordered one - deep blue exterior & black interior.

I think the fact you need a 2nd drive suggests you are not 100% sure so just be certain it is the car for you mate & it’s not just the mega acceleration & short lead time that’s pulling you in.

That said I doubt you’d lose too much on it if you did chop it in when the RS3 mica arrives if you then did decide to keep the RS3 & ditch the Eveready ;)

Reactions: 8YARWY
wife has ordered one - deep blue exterior & black interior.

I think the fact you need a 2nd drive suggests you are not 100% sure so just be certain it is the car for you mate & it’s not just the mega acceleration & short lead time that’s pulling you in.

That said I doubt you’d lose too much on it if you did chop it in when the RS3 mica arrives if you then did decide to keep the RS3 & ditch the Eveready ;)

Golden rule……… never have just one test drive.

Reactions: Mike.46, Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
I had zero with the RS3 8y lol

Yeah I get that but this isn’t a familiar car so normal ‘rules’ for me don’t apply.
Especially if I’m spending this much.

Yeah I get that but this isn’t a familiar car so normal ‘rules’ for me don’t apply.
Especially if I’m spending this much.

yeah definitely you do right mate.
Keep us posted on how it goes & your thoughts after test drive No.2.
In all serious they are impressive cars and tick a lot of boxes so hope all goes well and tomorrow helps you decide one way or the other :icon thumright:

Reactions: 8YARWY
pmsl you’re a card :tearsofjoy:
I’ll drive it when I need to do a tip run or go to B&Q ;)

got to have a bit of a wind up.

It’ll prepare me for the I’ll get when I buy one