Rs3 valve control programming?

https://www.special-exhausts.de/shop/en/Control-System-with-remote-control-for-electrical-flap/

I have one coming from these guys, took a while to ship but starting at 259 EUR it seemed worth the wait for a big saving.

I'm hoping to have a go at installing it when it's a dry day, and up here in Scotland that looks to be about September :(

No safety built into that if I read the paragraph at the bottom of the page in your link........it warns against using it with the flaps closed at higher revs

At least the Cete AVC automatically opens at higher revs to protect the engine.

Reactions: Terminator x and Marshy
No safety built into that if I read the paragraph at the bottom of the page in your link........it warns against using it with the flaps closed at higher revs

At least the Cete AVC automatically opens at higher revs to protect the engine.

Appreciate the heads up .. I'm not sure what circumstances I'd be driving where I'd have intentionally have the flaps closed when I want to have a blast but that's good to know.

For me, I'm trying it as in 2/3/4th at low revs, I'd like them fully open ..

I know almost everyone says the Sports Exhaust is epic and loud, but actually compared to my JCW with the pro-exhaust it's pretty quiet, and doesn't pop and bang anywhere near as much. The JCW was particularly obnoxious though and really a bit much around town.

Reactions: T-800
That one listed above involves fitting the unit in the boot and running the cables to the valves, not connected to the can system so no safety.
My ASR one acts the same as the cete one where if the valves are closed they will open automatically at higher rpm.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800
Due to securing a deal on a new car this morning, I have a barely used cete active control valve up for sale in the uk, obviously I will put it for sale in the subforum but if anyone’s interested ping me a PM . Available immediately

If you're selling that I assume you're not getting another RS3.... something different?:racer:

Reactions: zippster
If you're selling that I assume you're not getting another RS3.... something different?:racer:

No alas not, after 1300 miles since September I’m going back my my roots and more of a weekend track focused toy 1438110A E1D0 4B3A 82BF 6EC541EBBC1A

Reactions: GW1
A Lotus weekend toy! Jealous.......you know i am!!!:haha:

Reactions: GW1 and zippster
That one listed above involves fitting the unit in the boot and running the cables to the valves, not connected to the can system so no safety.
My ASR one acts the same as the cete one where if the valves are closed they will open automatically at higher rpm.

Hey Marshy, I assume you have this one installed?
https://audiperformance.com.au/shop/asr-component/asr-component-rs3-8v-damper-control-cb2/

Can you confirm that the car will start up in dynamic mode (if left there from previous drive) with valves open? I only ask as in their blurb they mention it but then have "Individual : Engine/Transmission" in parenthesis....leading me to wonder if that means the valves are shut as if they would be in factory configuration?

Hey Marshy, I assume you have this one installed?
https://audiperformance.com.au/shop/asr-component/asr-component-rs3-8v-damper-control-cb2/

Can you confirm that the car will start up in dynamic mode (if left there from previous drive) with valves open? I only ask as in their blurb they mention it but then have "Individual : Engine/Transmission" in parenthesis....leading me to wonder if that means the valves are shut as if they would be in factory configuration?
The one I had is different to the one listed and works the same as standard apart from you have a manual override to open or close the valves.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Morning all!!

My Cete has finally been delivered, hope to install it this weekend. from the guides I've seen on here no one mentions disconnecting the batters, however the Cete guide says you should disconnect.

Any thoughts? is it absolutely necessary to disconnect the battery prior to installing?

Never disconnected the battery for any of the ones I've changed.
Just make sure the keys out and its sat for 5 minutes to power down

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would you not lose the radio software, or is this more applicable for older cars?

I left my battery connected on and followed the German video on the cete website - from memory it was embedded below the 'add to cart' button. Had no idea what he was saying, but it's pretty simple to just follow the video. Fitted to an 18 plate FL if it makes a difference. It's a great mod. Especially cold start with the bag of spanners rattle gone and not having to cycle round to dynamic/individual any more!

1) Yes in low revs situations it makes a difference
2) easy if you can remove trim with no issues.
1d9a47795895f3ca5202869196e64849.jpg

bb0dee46d8b887ae41006579ace74afe.jpg

3) unless they remove the passenger side left hand trim they’ll be unaware.
It has a shut down facility now I believe too.

4) it’s worth the money I’d say because of its integration into the can bus and easily controlled from the ESP button without interfering with the button function.

Plus it eradicates the FL cold start wastegate rattle.

How did you damage that red plug ? As I would probably end up breaking them knowing my luck.

Sorry to hijack the post, but thought it would be appropriate not to create another thread. Hope this is ok OP ?
I have really been think about getting one of these but a little hesitant as I am the sort of person that will break something just by looking at it. I see that there are various systems out, ones that fit the canbus and ones that connect to the valves at the back. Remote control systems and ones that use existing buttons. Where I am getting a bit confused is I want one that will allow me to have the car back to normal and operate as per factory, the drive select and everything, but then also allow me to turn them on and off in each drive select mode. So basically permanent on, permanent off and factory normal. Now I believe CETE have a Bluetooth version out in some threads I have seen in the USA, where you can also change rpm parameters when you want them to come on and off, but thats another topic altogether. So say for example I had a controller and had it set to 'on', would selecting modes in drive select ever effect them being 'on'. If I selected 'off' would the same be the case that no matter what drive select mode I choose they will still be 'off'.. How do you put it all back to normal factory mode on the CETE one ?

From what I know so far there are a couple of ones out there (below), but there must be some others, as I remember seeing some that fit in the back and are controlled by remotes.

• CETE (canbus connection)
  • ASR - Similar to above but they also do a remote one too (canbus connection)
Your recommendations and thoughts to the above would really be appreciated, anyone had issues ? Anyone have a different system ? Anyone got one on a PFL with 2ndary Cat deletes and Sports exhaust ? Would these cause any sort of long term damage to exhaust or valves do you think ? Do the pops and bangs change at all? Do you now get pops and bangs more in comfort mode if you have the valves on?

Thanks in advance for putting up with my questions, sorry if some of them are fundamental or have been asked before.

Nick

Last edited:
Morning all

Just installed the Cete, after finally finding the package in a recycling bin at a neighbours house (will be strong words to DHL later)

It took about 10-15 minutes, only fiddly but was the earth connection apart from that straight forward

Took it out for a quick drive, and although noticeable it’s not the antisocial/ASBO I was looking for. I checked it’s working by pressing the ESP twice and it deffo works. I still really only get the burble/pops when downshifting at over 3000rpm

I’m sure it’s just me being anal, and I m sure come time I will start to see the benefit but my initial impressions are that it’s a lot of money for a couple of decibels of loutish behaviour.

Cheers!!

Morning all

Just installed the Cete, after finally finding the package in a recycling bin at a neighbours house (will be strong words to DHL later)

It took about 10-15 minutes, only fiddly but was the earth connection apart from that straight forward

Took it out for a quick drive, and although noticeable it’s not the antisocial/ASBO I was looking for. I checked it’s working by pressing the ESP twice and it deffo works. I still really only get the burble/pops when downshifting at over 3000rpm

I’m sure it’s just me being anal, and I m sure come time I will start to see the benefit but my initial impressions are that it’s a lot of money for a couple of decibels of loutish behaviour.

Cheers!!

Do you have the PFL model or FL one? People with the PFL model 2015-2017 are blown away by how loud the car is

@MatkenRS3 are you sure its on? its a chalk and cheese difference in sound and waaaaaayyyyy more than a couple of db.

edit: mine was a FL rs3 saloon and it was as loud as *cough* a R8 v10+ performance I had.

Hey all.

Maybe I was being a bit picky, PFL 2015. Driven to London and back, and then a cold start this morning where I launched for the mode settings to get to comfort ASAP.

Yeah, it’s pretty anti-social... hahah. Driven through my local town and now people are turning heads where as before they wouldn’t.

Great buy, if not for the poor delivery, poor packaging and lack of instructions with the device! Very happy though... now where is that remap!!

Where is best place to get 1 if these valve controllers car is way 2 quiet 4 me coming from merc a45

Reactions: rdj
New 2 rs3 I have facelift 2017 will the valve controller bring the pops and bangs louder or will I have to have tht mapped in seems so quiet after the amg car as the sports exhaust so should give out some sound if set up right

New 2 rs3 I have facelift 2017 will the valve controller bring the pops and bangs louder or will I have to have tht mapped in seems so quiet after the amg car as the sports exhaust so should give out some sound if set up right
Will need to update the ECU to get the pops/misfire etc.

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Is there anywhere that sells and fits the Cete controller? I am utterly useless at anything like this but have an opf car arriving in the next couple of weeks and would like to open the flaps for more noise. (I am coming from a C63)

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Is there anywhere that sells and fits the Cete controller? I am utterly useless at anything like this but have an opf car arriving in the next couple of weeks and would like to open the flaps for more noise. (I am coming from a C63)
I ordered mine direct from CETE, very easy and quick delivery.

Installation was also easy and I’m useless with no technical experience, simply plug and play, honestly you don’t need to pay for anyone to do it!

Made a difference to my OPF car with noticeable difference in the low rev range and added bonus it remembers to keep the start/stop turned off each time you start it.

Reactions: Scottkcollins
Yep, as above.....it's very easy to do. You'll be fine :)

Reactions: Scottkcollins
Very easy to do.

Get yourself some proper trim removal tools and follow the guide on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bits of the plugs do you have to press to get the plugs off without breaking anything ? Also what do you press to remove the back of the plugs from the holder like in the guide ? I only ask as I'm the type that will end up destroying the plugs forever unless I know exactly what to push and when to release them without damaging them.

What bits of the plugs do you have to press to get the plugs off without breaking anything ? Also what do you press to remove the back of the plugs from the holder like in the guide ? I only ask as I'm the type that will end up destroying the plugs forever unless I know exactly what to push and when to release them without damaging them.

Exactly the same as me hence the question on getting someone to do it..

The good news is for us right hand drive cars is you don’t have to faff around with the bonnet release as the installation is on the passenger side for our cars, just simply remove trim and install.

Trickiest part is fitting everything in neatly and also the access to the earthing point was a little tight but take your time and it’s easy.

The good news is for us right hand drive cars is you don’t have to faff around with the bonnet release as the installation is on the passenger side for our cars, just simply remove trim and install.

Trickiest part is fitting everything in neatly and also the access to the earthing point was a little tight but take your time and it’s easy.

We should do a mini meet with people that have fitted it and people that want it done :)

Exactly the same as me hence the question on getting someone to do it..

Scott - I don't know if you intend to upgrade the security on your car but when my local Ghost installer added it and a dashcam to my car he removed those bits of trim. If you are considering getting a Ghost immobiliser/hard wiring a dashcam I'm sure the installer would do the necessary to add the CETE at the same time. If you're not considering a Ghost, you should, but otherwise an ICE installer would probably do the work for you for £50 or so....

Scott - I don't know if you intend to upgrade the security on your car but when my local Ghost installer added it and a dashcam to my car he removed those bits of trim. If you are considering getting a Ghost immobiliser/hard wiring a dashcam I'm sure the installer would do the necessary to add the CETE at the same time. If you're not considering a Ghost, you should, but otherwise an ICE installer would probably do the work for you for £50 or so....

Thanks that is a good suggestion!

I am not planning to install ghost, I am a firm believe that if someone wants something bad enough they will take it. I don’t want someone coming in the house with a knife asking me for a code. They can just have the car and I will get a new one :)

I normally install a dash cam so may get them to do it at the same time.
The unit is coming out around €500 which is not cheap.

Just installed a CETE controller on my 2020 OPF RS3, and it made a BIG difference in sound on this car. Better sounding all round, and slightly deeper tone throughout the RPM range, more burbling when letting off the throttle, and more turbo whistle were noticeable right away. I'd say its a must have for OPF cars and really makes a solid improvement to the exhaust note. closed valve on startup attack less attention too, and I think my neighbours will be happy about that when heading out for a drive in the middle of the night!

Be careful with the clips on the factory plugs, I lost a tiny bit of plastic disconnecting them. Not a big deal, but a bit painful on a brand new car. Be patient, and wiggle gently. The trim was easy to remove, I bought trim tools but didn't really need them the other the panel on the side of the dash, but a screwdriver with some cloth round it would have done as good a job. Tucking the wires was probably the biggest challenge. I'm just thankful its all hidden :)

Remember the stupid start/stop setting was also a really nice touch.

All in all money well spent I'd say, and definitely recommend it, especially on OPF cars.

I ordered mine direct from CETE, very easy and quick delivery.

Installation was also easy and I’m useless with no technical experience, simply plug and play, honestly you don’t need to pay for anyone to do it!

Made a difference to my OPF car with noticeable difference in the low rev range and added bonus it remembers to keep the start/stop turned off each time you start it.

As a 2019 OPF owner I came here to ask if is worth in OPF models. Its really a big difference? I was thinking to buy to my RS3 a DP Miltek but I would loose my 4 years warranty... so maybe with that CETE valve control is enough.

As a 2019 OPF owner I came here to ask if is worth in OPF models. Its really a big difference? I was thinking to buy to my RS3 a DP Miltek but I would loose my 4 years warranty... so maybe with that CETE valve control is enough.
It’s all down to personal preference, some may say it’s not worth it but for me it has made a noticeable difference in the low rev range and makes for a more pleasing exhaust note.

I left home at 3.30am yesterday morning so put in comfort mode and flaps were completely closed, nice and quiet for the neighbours!

And...it remembers to keep the start/stop turned off permanently which for me is a big bonus.

Worth every penny for me :icon thumright:

Reactions: Borjaworld