RS3 vs M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture is the best I have seen too agreed ! :sunglasses:

I was the opposite.

I hated it in most photos but loved it in the flesh. Theres no way I would of chose Nando's if I hadn't seen it in the flesh.

Edit: Sorry meant to quote Spaceman's post about liking it in pics not in the flesh.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I wonder what a "Nando's" RS3 would look like...!! :redrs4:

I was at the dealers today getting a trade in price for the S5 and took the opportunity to go out in their Nardo demo. Truly epic car in looks, sound and performance imho. Oh and the haters saying it understeers must be Driving Gods ***.

TX.

Yeah it's a great car! and nice looking, this was my experience.

33mo02u.jpg

But since this thread is a versus (RS3 vs M2), all the people who are watching new M2 say it is spectacular.
We know the "look" is subjective. Even many people may not want to wear such a flashy car and prefer to go with something more discreet.

VqytKPZ.jpg

Uosz2pU.jpg

Launch guide for M2 ready!

UK prices info:

attachment.php

Standard and Optional equipment highlights

There is a reference about competition in Media package feature as standard (Nav pro 8,8" inch with HD, Real Time Traffic, Remote services, Apps like spotify, etc). In CLA45 it's a paid option, and RS3 cannot even offer (until next year facelift with MIB-II upgrade).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
One thing I do like is the fact they offer manual as an option .... less and less performance cars available with manual now.

The auto is rather expensive at £2,645 extra too.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I saw that, unlike a lot of cars, the auto has worse MPG figures. I wonder with a 7th gear, though, which would use more sat at 80mph on a motorway...

Auto is very expensive. My current rs3 is s tronic which is great. Do have days where I miss the manual as I had in the tt rs. So I may end up going for manual box in m2

One thing I do like is the fact they offer manual as an option .... less and less performance cars available with manual now.

The auto is rather expensive at £2,645 extra too.

That was one of the things that attracted me to the S3 but I was not greatly impressed with the M6 box

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Most of the time I'm very happy that I've got a manual (I have an S1) - and for 'spirited driving' there's no beating it. But when I'm creeping along in traffic - maaaan I wish it was auto sometimes. I'd love it if one day (of course it'd be electronic), they could make a car that came with both!

I saw that, unlike a lot of cars, the auto has worse MPG figures. I wonder with a 7th gear, though, which would use more sat at 80mph on a motorway...

Auto has better MPG and performance.

It's a shame they couldn't better 40mpg on a combined cycle. Would have been a good opportunity to take things in that direction.

My S1 is meant to do 39.8mpg, but unless I'm in a 50mph zone you never ever see that. So in this, claiming 33 or whatever, you'll be bobbling around with 20mpg I reckon!

That was one of the things that attracted me to the S3 but I was not greatly impressed with the M6 box

I have driven an S3 manual recently and did like it.
I was forced into having S tronic with the S5, having previously been manual all the way.
Now I must admit to thoroughly enjoying the benefits of Audi's excellent autos but I do still enjoy driving a manual too.
Autos are great for long journeys and effortlessly thrashing through the gears :)

Apparently dealers only getting 2 cars. First 2 customers at dealerships will get orders in April /may. After that is about 12 months wait. I'm 6th at mine

Didn't you just buy a rs3 Billy or is that another Billy?

TX.

Reactions: RYuill
Didn't you just buy a rs3 Billy or is that another Billy?

TX.

Nope, the same Billy lol. I've had my eye on this for a while tbh so decided to put a deposit down. Waiting for finance figures etc to be announced. If they don't work for me or the waiting time is too long I will just ask for my deposit back as I am quite enjoying the rs3

I think it's horrid looking. What are the orange strips on the front arches?

Reactions: Eigdoog
I think it's horrid looking. What are the orange strips on the front arches?
Have to agree, don't like any of the current BMW designs.

Reactions: Marshy, 45bvtc, RGBARGEE and 1 other person
Slightly squashed version of the m4. Interior and exterior of all bmw's look terrible imo. I would never buy one

Slightly off topic, but I have been reading this thread since I currently have an S5 on order, but have been offered a slightly better deal on a M235i....

90% sure I'll stick with the S5, mainly due to quattro, but I do like the look (well...exterior anyway) the 2 series Coupé...

Sure we tried this before with all the A45 talk ....... :p

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Sure we tried this before with all the A45 talk ....... :p

I didn't realise there had been a discussion on the A45 next you'll be saying there were discussions on the Focus and also that Mono Pur stuff .:yum:

Reactions: veeeight
BMW M2 Public Walk-around vs RS3 (Review) with Walk-around:

RS3 front brakes are ok and nice, but why back standard brakes? it looks very small, like a normal A3, and 19" wheel is empty.

It should be like this:

9t2wl3.jpg

RS3 front brakes are ok and nice, but why back standard brakes? it looks very small, like a normal A3, and 19" wheel is empty.

It should be like this:

9t2wl3.jpg
I don't get it? Looks the same?

Reactions: billyali86
^ Look at the rear brake discs on the RS3.

(But I can answer the question from a technical perspective. Although aesthetically, it would be nice to have bigger/the same discs on the rear as front, on the RS3 it's just not necessary, while the BMW weight distribution is closer to 50:50, the RS3 isn't, so very little will be demanded from the rear brakes, especially under heavy braking. The back end goes quite light - so smaller brakes are all that are necessary. Keeps costs down too. Also, with Haldex, you're still braking a front wheel drive car - so the back brakes play no part in retardation of the driveline.)

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and GRE57Y
I don't think there needs to be a separate thread. There are normally only about 5 active threads on each vehicle section, and since this one has had 175+ replies it seems to be doing fine here?!

It's meant to be a comparison of the RS3 and M2, which is relevant here - particularly as both manufacturers call each other out as rivals...

Reactions: veeeight
I don't think there needs to be a separate thread. There are normally only about 5 active threads on each vehicle section, and since this one has had 175+ replies it seems to be doing fine here?!

It's meant to be a comparison of the RS3 and M2, which is relevant here - particularly as both manufacturers call each other out as rivals...
@RMJ891 - The other thread was created specifically for any info/pics/chat etc etc relating ONLY to the BMW M2
Like you said this is a comparison thread
We don't want it clogged up with pics/info relating ONLY to the M2

PM me if you have any probs :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rs1, 5pot and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.