RS3 vs M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
min 1:28...
facepalm.gif~c200

You're replying to your own replies asport!

TX.

Reactions: billyali86 and jimojameso
The best thing about the M2 for me is it gets you out of London towards Kent.

Reactions: BillTheButcher, RMJ891 and jimojameso
and stock manual M235i

Had an M235i and it was crap in damp and wet and on anything but a smooth track the lack of diff really showed, I'm sure the M2 with the better suspension would make it up though

BMW's crash so often they even have a compliation full of nothing else ha ha :laughing:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

You used to be a poster I enjoyed reading.
Since you have ordered your new car your mindset appears to have changed.......
Tis a shame.

Reactions: Soulboy
You used to be a poster I enjoyed reading.
Since you have ordered your new car your mindset appears to have changed.......
Tis a shame.

I'm disappointed you feel that way Craig and not quite sure why ?

I always do my best to contribute positively to this site & avoid conflicts or being drawn into arguments & prefer to participate in meaningful discussions.

I have a sense of excitement since ordering my new car, which one or two people appear determined to dampen and that does grate after a while I must confess .... but other than that I'd like to feel I'm still a valued member here and try to give back as much enjoyment as I receive - certainly no bad intentions I assure you .... Life is too short !

Hope we can continue our banter as I equally enjoy reading your posts.

Reactions: Ashbrummy, RGBARGEE and josedebardi
Just to say: 4WD gives more TRACTION, not more GRIP.

Mechanical grip is affected by tires, diffs, suspension and so on, not the number of driven wheels.

^ This.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas-suisse, RMJ891 and billyali86

lol for once I agree...

4wd has much higher limits that can offer a false sense of security.

This results in over confident drivers blasting about in these powerful hatchbacks thinking the laws of physics don't affect them. The thing with 4wd or Quattro is, when the limits are reached the results can be a lot more severe as you will not doubt be pushing much hard than you would in a rwd car

Rubbish drivers not adapted speed to the road conditions, the result was expected :grumpy: on icy road. Russians have a lot of crash vids on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person from video #1 is an a hole, and he's lucky he didn't kill someone else doing that (don't care if he kills himself, if that's what he wants!).

#2 is awesome - and their car is probably full of number 2 after that - a very lucky escape!! :)

The person from video #1 is an a hole, and he's lucky he didn't kill someone else doing that (don't care if he kills himself, if that's what he wants!).

#2 is awesome - and their car is probably full of number 2 after that - a very lucky escape!! :)

Completely agree with you! The guy in the first clip was obviously trying his best for a show off... 2nd clip the guy certainly discovered that adrenalin is BROWN!

Reactions: RMJ891
12227216 451747855009922 1969376830050087791 n
lol for once I agree...

4wd has much higher limits that can offer a false sense of security.

This results in over confident drivers blasting about in these powerful hatchbacks thinking the laws of physics don't affect them. The thing with 4wd or Quattro is, when the limits are reached the results can be a lot more severe as you will not doubt be pushing much hard than you would in a rwd car

I prefer quattro/4WD and WD40

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Man this is a destructive and fanboy heavy thread... seriously, to carry on about your M2, like its the only asset you have...
In all objectivity, I'd probably expect the M2 to have the edge on the RS3 on the track... but track performance figures are a fallacy, valued only by idiots ..... because, a) you know when to brake b) you know where the apex is c) your repeating this, indefinitely ... On a real world road circuit or back road where you are unsure as to the levels of grip, corner angles, entry or exit speeds... the RS3 will annihilate an M2... or my F30 M3 for that matter.

In a straightline, the RS3 will crucify the M2... its quicker over a 1/4 mile than an M3... and thats in perfect conditions... on the road, its not even close --> ... considering that RS5 ran a 12.9 to the RS3s 12.19 in Autobild... the M2 will be a high 12 second car on a good surface at best.

Having owned an A45, the A45 used in the Autobild test, has the optional diff, and in race mode, is setup with the "track" suspenion, that was an option in the old car... and it is literally rock hard... the RS3 is suspended softer, so if you wanted to track it get, get some H&Rs on it, and it will drop the A45 no problem....

Also in fairness to the M2... its a 2 door sports car, aimed at those who want a road car with weekend track capability....I'd be comparing the M2 to a GT4 or a Cayman S/GTS... and both of those cars are infinitely better.

Reactions: Yorrick, Rs1, RGBARGEE and 2 others
Another review about RS3. He says great motor, great sound, but prefer S3 or TTS as more enjoyable cars to drive ¿?

Another review about RS3. He says great motor, great sound, but prefer S3 or TTS as more enjoyable cars to drive ¿?

Haha I saw that, he drove it on winter tyres, with no staggering.

I like Guido, but if you drove an M2 on winter tyres, it would feel like a ****.

I think the M2 from the outside looks great (particularly side and rear), the RS3 being a 5door to me says family man but still trying ;)
All things considered from a day to day all weather conditions perspective though I would buy a 3dr RS3, sometimes I don't want to think too hard but still cover ground quickly and for me an M2 would make me have to think more than the RS3.

Man this is a destructive and fanboy heavy thread... seriously, to carry on about your M2, like its the only asset you have...
In all objectivity, I'd probably expect the M2 to have the edge on the RS3 on the track... but track performance figures are a fallacy, valued only by idiots ..... because, a) you know when to brake b) you know where the apex is c) your repeating this, indefinitely ... On a real world road circuit or back road where you are unsure as to the levels of grip, corner angles, entry or exit speeds... the RS3 will annihilate an M2... or my F30 M3 for that matter.

In a straightline, the RS3 will crucify the M2... its quicker over a 1/4 mile than an M3... and thats in perfect conditions... on the road, its not even close --> ... considering that RS5 ran a 12.9 to the RS3s 12.19 in Autobild... the M2 will be a high 12 second car on a good surface at best.

Having owned an A45, the A45 used in the Autobild test, has the optional diff, and in race mode, is setup with the "track" suspenion, that was an option in the old car... and it is literally rock hard... the RS3 is suspended softer, so if you wanted to track it get, get some H&Rs on it, and it will drop the A45 no problem....

Also in fairness to the M2... its a 2 door sports car, aimed at those who want a road car with weekend track capability....I'd be comparing the M2 to a GT4 or a Cayman S/GTS... and both of those cars are infinitely better.

I agree real world the BMW's are not idea, no end of comments on M3 forums about lack of grip in the F80 M3's in anything less than perfect conditions, the M2 with its shorter wheelbase may be even worse. I do think Audi have scrimped on the RS3's handling a bit, the A45 FL time in autobild was a fair bit faster than the Audis so I doubt some aftermarket springs would do a lot to combat that, instead of cheapskating and just putting wider front tyres on Audi should have taken a leaf out of mercs book and designed a Decent front diff, imagine the RS3 with no understeer, what would people find to moan about it?

Reactions: veeeight and CraigI
Sorry to say but they try too much and its not looking good ):. That's the only thing RS3 owners gonna see "the grin of an M2" in their backview mirror :racer: :respekt:

Sorry to say but they try too much and its not looking good ):. That's the only thing RS3 owners gonna see "the grin of an M2" in their backview mirror :racer: :respekt:

At least, M2 owner after seeing exhausts and plate model of AUDI will know that really was not a 20k GPB A3 1.2 TFSI S-Line as initially thought but RS3. Really faster car in a straight line :D

output_3OOawB.gif

Yeah, but its fine by me that they think there is a A3 coming after them. When I passed them they will know that it wasn't so, good enough for me. All people that love cars do know exactly what it is and is lining up behind me where they belong and it happens almost every day and those who don't know it will after I have passed them hard :whip: :yes:.

I bought mine specifically for the Q-Car look... Job done!

Reactions: BillTheButcher and Terminator x
Yeah, but its fine by me that they think there is a A3 coming after them. When I passed them they will know that it wasn't so, good enough for me. All people that love cars do know exactly what it is and is lining up behind me where they belong and it happens almost every day and those who don't know it will after I have passed them hard :whip: :yes:.

Racing on street?
go to a circuit... and move aside if you see a M235i in the mirror (don't worry about M2s, will be ahead of you before you can check mirror :p)

RS3 Facelift will change front a lot?

I like new A3 S-Line style with new A4 front + TTS Style. Current model is starting to look old.

Audi-A3-Sportback-S-Line-Front.jpg

spyshots-2016-audi-a3-cabriolet-facelift-begins-winter-testing_14.jpg

974642289955627270.jpg

2016_audi_tt-roadster_f34_ns_50715_600.jpg

Racing on street?
go to a circuit... and move aside if you see a M235i in the mirror (don't worry about M2s, will be ahead of you before you can check mirror :p)

Look mate, you are acting a bit of a ****, maybe cut it out?

Reactions: Yorrick, BillTheButcher and ba45
There is some good and interesting information with this thread but unless the conversation can continue in a constructive matter I am gonna look at shutting it down.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I started this out of genuine interest for both cars, but do agree that it's become a bit of a slanging match. Does surprise me that adults cannot like what they like and discuss things without slating the opinions of others! It'd be nice to still have this open when any facelift 8V comes out, and as more info on the M2 comes out!

Reactions: RYuill
Status
Not open for further replies.