RS3

Funnily enough it's my dads cayman S, he's selling and its top nic just missing a few things I'm used to like Xenons and bucket seats but on the other hand you get a porsche with its drivability and mint engine. I think insurance is alot more for me though.

@beanoir, if I don't buy it for what ever reason definately keep in touch as I can gurantee this car is what it is with only 2000 mile on the clock. He has never used it in 12 months hardly.

Just trying to weigh up the situation for myself.

David

I am thinking of selling my S3 in anticipation of an RS3. However I have the option at the moment to buy a used 2008 Cayman S Gen 1 in Black with 2000 miles on the clock wth black 19" rims.

I will lose things like Xenons and bucket seats and iPOD. As the porsche doesn't have these on, I know its GEN 1 aswell with no LED lights etc....

Would this be a step backwards or a leap forwards I don't know, I may swap for an RS3 when they come out but what are peoples opinions.

David

Dave, If the Caymen has satnav 'Mobridge" do a system similar to the Alpine 426 system that can be used on the Audi satnav to add the Ipod to the satnav screen. So theres one of the problems solved.

Put some race exhaust's on it and you will hardly listen to the Ipod anyway as the noise the engine makes is addictive mate!

Gaz m

Well I will do that then, I may get the porsche aero kit aswell if all goes to plan. Had a go today in the porsche and it's very strange, Ive drive many cars i.e S4, S5, RS5, RS4, TT 3.2, S3 and the porche well it felt real and raw in terms of sound and feel and felt more difficult to drive i.e clutch

There are some things I don't like, such as the steering wheels seems thing and no buckets / xenons but I guess the way the porche is makes up for this.

Just need to sell my S3, will always stay on this forum. There is always a possibility of an RS3 also! Just feel like a change for a small time. Been on here for ages and I don't intend leaving.

David

Snap mate,

I am still holding out for an RS3 as I do like the TTRS engine especialy after seeing what Revo did to the the TT Shops car!

Hopefully it will happen at some point soonish.

Gaz m

Well I will do that then, I may get the porsche aero kit aswell if all goes to plan. Had a go today in the porsche and it's very strange, Ive drive many cars i.e S4, S5, RS5, RS4, TT 3.2, S3 and the porche well it felt real and raw in terms of sound and feel and felt more difficult to drive i.e clutch

There are some things I don't like, such as the steering wheels seems thing and no buckets / xenons but I guess the way the porche is makes up for this.

Just need to sell my S3, will always stay on this forum. There is always a possibility of an RS3 also! Just feel like a change for a small time. Been on here for ages and I don't intend leaving.

David

Good move Dave! I hope you enjoy it! You're right they do feel totally different and it's a feeling I love, hopefully wont be long before I get one of those slightly too big, slightly too skinny wheels in my hands again!

Look forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance mate.