RS4 B7 Advice?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hopefully trading in my S3 for a B7RS4 Next weekend, but would like some advice on what to look for,

Its from a very good garage, and looks immaculate, Im told there are no carbon issues as I know this can be something they suffer from, I may leave a refundable deposit on it tomorrow, as they are selling quick, and the garage is very far from me,

thanks

Reactions: MartayMcFly
This is from an ad on one I'm looking at - covers the usual issues seen on B7 RS4s:

"If you have done your research you’ll know the B7 RS4 has a few common issues unless attended properly by a competent mechanic – even Audi Approved sometimes miss these issues. I have had ALL of these common issue examined and rectified under warranty or my own cost if required:

Steering rack pin – sometimes this is not bolted as it should and comes loose – replaced and repaired.

DRC suspension – Early B7 shocks had a tendancy to leak or lose pressure – 1 of 4 on this car was ‘misting’ and out of precaution I had all 4 shocks replaced with the redesigned shocks and recharged by Aberdeen Audi. I also had Audi Aberdeen install upgraded Eibach sports springs at the same time. These make the car sit slightly lower and reduce roll with the same ride comfort.

Oil cooler pipes – these often corrode and leak oil. I had the old pipes removed and new installed at my own cost. The cooler itself is corrosion free.

Seat bolsters – commonly these deflate over time due to a valve fault. I had the whole system checked and the valve replaced. These seats do not lose any air and remain as they should.

Exhaust flaps – mine were checked and all operate as they should.

Vacuum – Vacuum system checked for leaks and none were found. Car still operates the airbox flap (small kick and boost in power at 5k rpm) as it should and pulls very well.

3[SUP]rd[/SUP] gear synchro – absolutely as it should be. Clutch is also perfect.

ECU connector – often brings up a fault. Mine was replaced at time of purchase.

Carbon build up – I had this checked and mine does not suffer from ‘coking’ as some examples do.

Alu-look window trim – I had this replaced with new alu-look trim at time of purchase. Commonly it looks corroded with typical cleaners. Underneath the vinyl wrap the trim is brand new and properly protected."

Thanks all! Just out of interest what would you say the average cost of a sprint blue, 55,000 miles immaculate condition in and out, all the extras+wheel seats etc?

I've seen some lovely RS4's for between 15k to 20k :)

I love the RS4 :)

Yeah its up for 22k, sounds about right I hope,

thanks

I've seen some lovely RS4's for between 15k to 20k :)

I love the RS4 :)

I have been watching them for about a year now lol, 15 k is very very cheap, got to cat d or high mileage at that price,

I have been watching them for about a year now lol, 15 k is very very cheap, got to cat d or high mileage at that price,

yer u are right

what about the running costs? don't they bother u?

friend at work reckons for ever 2 miles it costs him £1 to drive his rs4
I don't know if that is true or not but seems a lot of money!

If you're that worried about running costs, then you might be better off not going for a car like an RS4. They're thirsty, servicing isn't cheap and if anything goes wrong they get very expensive very quickly.

50p a mile doesn't sound that much... how much are you in your current car?