RS4 B8 Launch

michael A

Reaction score
Hi guys.
So I know this has been discussed before as I did some reading up before however today I've been down Santa Pod and tried launch control for the first time. Yep big fail
Left foot braking made me kangaroo to start line and then upon releasing brake list momentum. I think I did not have enough revs on.
I had ESC off and in S mode. Brake held then I'm told put gas down to 3500rpm then release within 5 seconds.
My question is can I just put my foot to the floor and it will auto hold at 3500rpm or do you have to catch the perfect spot.
I'm hoping to go down again next week and try again as I know I can shave so much time off.
Only managed a 13.4sec I was 2 man up but I know if I can get launch control working I can likely shave a second off that.
Any tips would be so grateful.
I did try just off track and think it worked.but there has to be a way to get it right everytime without failing. Isn't the point of launch control to help you launch
Hands up driver error I know haha
I've got the video but won't let me upload here so I'm happy to share if any easy way I can convert my video or something so it uploads.
Thanks in advance

Hi. I did a video of mine explaining it.
I’ll send it to you via WhatsApp if you pm me

Cheers
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: michael A
In my GTR - not the same I know but I think most launch control is the same - foot hard on the brake, then foot to the floor on the gas. Let of the brake and hold on.

In my GTR - not the same I know but I think most launch control is the same - foot hard on the brake, then foot to the floor on the gas. Let of the brake and hold on.
Yes they all seem similar, can't believe I'm failing to launch with launch haha
Hopefully get this video on WhatsApp and helps me.

Also using feet, I know it's left foot on brake but what's best way to do this. Rolling up to the start line you really don't get much time to get prepared. Is it a case of getting used to left foot braking or is it best to pull up using right foot and swap while stopped. I'm heavy footed in left brake to a point I probably looked abit stupid. It's annoying me so much as I know I can get it going so much quicker if I could launch it proper. Hoping to try it out again next week

I usually stop with the right and then swap to the left while stopped.