RS4 B8 replacement tyres

G60Sanj2

Reaction score
Guys what tyres are you choosing to replace your original Pirellis and how much have the replacements cost?
I've had a quick look on mytyres.com and come up with the following prices this afternoon.
The Nankang look good value but are they good enough for the RS4 driving?
Also the Dunlop slightly cheaper than the P Zeros.

Very interested to know what you guys replaced your tyres with, thanks Sanj.
Upload 2015 9 21 14 31 36

Budget tyres are a no no on any vehicle let alone a 450PS one, stick to a quality brand and either a top of that range from one of those brand or an above midrange tyre. £200 per corner is still cheap considering what you are asking the tyres to put up with especially if you are running 20's.

Top rule, do not scrimp on tyres.

Continental just launched a new replacement to their Sport Contact 5 which is getting rave reviews, once mine nee replacing these will be my choice, I put contact 5's on my S4 and they were great.

If you are thinking of running Nankang tyres on a B8 RS4 just sell it now, Don't ruin a great car with rubbish tyres.
You can get p zero tyres from tyreleader for £172.

+1

My point exactly @desertstorm . So many people scrimp on tyres when they think they are getting a bargain, cheaper usually means less engineering involved and tyres are a highly engineered part of a vehicle and are our only contact with the road.

You read things like "I spent over a £1000 on a remap and got a bargain on tyres, £100 a corner" - WTF!

Reactions: desertstorm
I agree nankang total rubbish I would dismiss that thought quickly.
I had continental sport contact 5P on my megane rs 250 tbh they weren't great in the wet or damp.
Continental have just introduced sport contact 6(standard on the new civic type r) if you want the latest thing.
Michelin super sports! Standard fit on my most performance cars that's what I'd be buying.

I drive a B7 RS4 and 4 wks ago fitted a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3's to replace the pirrelli's and they are outstanding in the wet, the pirrelli's never felt planted in damp/wet conditions even when new. Any tyre will grip in the dry to a certain extent, in this British climate...you want a tyre that's good in the wet... and you don't have to pay over the odds to get a good one. I appreciate that your 20's will cost more than my 19's but I agree with the others.....avoid the Nankang's.

Best tyre pound for pound
Pirelli p-zero rosso
Had them on my B7 2.0 TDI
had them on my 535d loved them then swapped for continental sport contacts SP5s much more aggressive.