RS4 B9 Avant - Fueling on startup

pjeffe9172

Reaction score
Hi all,

One thing that niggles me is that on cold startup the fuelling seems be a bit poor so if I try and drive straight away at low RPM <2500 the car jumps around. Does anybody else get this?

The way round it is to wait for the rev counter to drop from 1k to 800 after about 30 seconds and then pull off and it doesn't seem to do it.

Over on the RS246 B9 forum there are other owners complaining of this. Mine is OK - though it's usually garaged so probably not quite as cold as it would be if it lived outside.

Thanks Cosmic, it all be interesting to see now the milder weather is coming whether it continues to be an issue.

I have noticed this in my RS5. From cold startup for the first half a mile it thinks it is in dynamic, holding onto the revs. However if I let it idle for say 30 sec to 1 min before setting off, I do not have the issue..

G

I have always waited for the idle to drop from cold (one of my old impreza habits) but even on the odd occasion it sometimes feels as if the car jumps when driving until after a minute or two when it's warmed up a bit
Chris