RS4 exhaust tips on, induction kit, and DTM front lip waiting

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
So the weekend was a busy little one.

I managed to cut the lower valence so I could fit it back on after collecting the car the other day from Impossible performance.

Valence only took about 30 mins from start to finish to cut. Not the best job at the moment, but I just needed to get the valence back on for now.

I have a 2007 S Line and a S4 valence to cut and mould together the next few weeks to get a perfect fitment. Then probably have it colour coded at the same time.

DSCF1518.jpg

DSCF1517.jpg

Also had a spare 'Green Cotton' air filter sitting around (I missed the lovely induction sound I got from my Octy vRS with a Carbonio filter fitted) so decided to fit it as Mike @ Impossible Performance fitted my dump valve for me the other day (I didn't want to get dirty fitting it!!!). I'd read a lot over on Audizine about 'cold air induction kits' becoming 'hot air induction kits' due to the proximity to the turbo in the Audi engine bays.

So I removed one side of the factory air box, leaving the 'wing' side in place and also keeping the factory inlet piping.

I also reused the factory heatshield (thats attatched to the factory air box), making a couple of brackets to hold it in place (you can't see them in the photo) so at least there was some sort of shielding in place for the time being.

Nice and easy fit, Green filter fits right in place of the right hand side of the airbox.
DSCF1519.jpg

Thirdly, I've got the B7 DTM Special edition front genuine carbon fibre splitter to fit this week at work. Just need to get the front of the car up on some axel stands and get fitting !!
DSCF1521.jpg

Comments and questions await I'm sure !!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Forgot to say as part of the 'next' modification - I'm looking for Brembo / Porsche / Ferrari / Anything that uses the Brembo monoblock 4 pot pair of front calipers (I do not want the 'old' two piece ones), ideally 996 turbo ones. Also pair of new S8 discs, plus S4 rear vented caliper / disc set up.
Overall condition not that important as going to have them re power coated.

Looking good, I'd definitely sort the alignment out, as the exhaust tips look a little wonky, but the air filter looks spot on. What's the sound like? Notice any difference in the drive?

yer the sooner u get the proper valance on the better, will look spot on once youve sorted that side of things out. air filter looks sweet, as said have u noticed any difference

Well I think the original dump valve spring was on its way out anyway so the Forge valve I had left over from my Octy has made a bit of difference, and as I found on my Octy, changing to a proper filter improved throttle response and top end. Difficult to tell really though at the moment though as only really drove it home yesterday.

Alignment is a little difficult as the way the tips come off the original back box tapers in very slightly, so its going to take a little giggery pokery (when did you last here that!!) to get them perfect.

But Chris, there is no proper valence available, its a shame the RS4 bumpe wont go on properly becuase of the arches.

my, you are getting busy eh, thats what I like to see, some intense Mods. Once its done it'll look the Business.

What size are the S8 discs??

You throwing some money at it but the important thing is you are doing it by Quality.:icon_thumright:

Hey Juss, not throwing money at it, I'm being a careful buyer !! I NEVER EVER pay near retail for ANYTHING !!!!!! And this car is a Keeper - not going to change it unless I come into lots of money!!

To give you some idea, the full cat back 2007 RS4 exhaust was £50 !
The induction kit was from a customer who paid in full and never collected after a year

And well the front splitter.... Well if I told you £50 I'm sure many of you will call me something rude !!!! Its genuine B7 A4 DTM product, retail I think is about £400

S8 discs are 345mm x 30mm , same as B7 S4 I think. Its what all the American guys use for their conversions, so its tried and tested. Just biding my time on a set of calipers at the moment !

Front brembo conversion is relatively easy :

1 x Set of Brembo calipers
1 x Set of custom caliper carriers from MBT in Germany
1 x Set of 345mm A8 discs
1 x Set of Textar pads (as recommended by Porsche owners)
1 x Set of Goodridge braided hoses
Total of parts comes to approx £400

All bolts together - easy hey !

Still more mods to come, really want the B7 cabriolet front windscreen so I can fit my rain sensor so I can do my auto lights and rain sensor mod.

B7 flip remote keys is also on the cards, just waiting for the right price to come up on ebay.

LED front and rear indicator bulbs and resistors are on order, will be here next week - watch this space !!! Bring the car right up to 2008 !!

Front mount intercooler is also on its way, not sure how long the shipping is going to be though. Not in any hurry. When thats fitted then its back in for a remap.

Also looking for some knackered fully electric front seats to nick the motors and electrics from !

Some how have to fit work in there somewhere, and some time to ride the motorbike and to post on the forum.

If anyone wants any help / advice on retrofitting any bits and pieces then just ask

We wasnt to know you getting these bits that cheap- Good sourcing there Andy,Just goes to show dont it.

Ill be looking out for some brakes too providing they're not too expensive!

regarding the green filter cone, where did you put the sensor thats just after the box (MAF is it) sorry dumb when it comes to moters

Here's a pic of my air filler and I've move the connectors out of the way ... Makes it look neater

Reactions: DrStrange and Warwick79