RS4 front bumber??

Llynchmobb

Reaction score
Ok.. so this is going to be controversial I know but here me out.

I have seen a number of versions of the RS4 front bumber out there and I was looking at purchasing one for a couple of reasons..

Airflow into the new intercooler - I know minimal but would increase.

The lower side grills allow air to flow through - this is where I am looking to install a larger air filter at a 90 degree angle in order to benefit from the air coming through the grill.

Let me know your thoughts

I don’t think you would gain much for the overall cost if you doing it for a performance point of view. The restrictive part on the S4s inlet is the elbow coming off the turbo.

I plan on either buying or cutting out the honeycomb lower grills myself because I want more air to the oil cooler, what intercooler do you have?

ECS intercooler.

True.. Is there a turbo inlet elbow available yet? Haven’t seen one so far.

Is it possible to cut out the honeycomb grills? I’m guessing a dremmel and a lot of patience right?

Good thing with the ECS intercooler is it has more volume than the APR unit but doesn’t sit behind the crash bar. I will be going for the same and a lot of research.

You are right I’m thinking of buying a new pair and doing it over a period of time.

On another forum Audizine there is a guy making a new air filter full carbon and creating a turbo elbow from the turbo to the air filter with oversized flange options for when people upgrade to hybrid turbos. Also eurocode posted a picture of a prototype not sure how long until it’s in production.

Air filter link: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/861290-Home-made-carbon-fiber-parts

Inlet page 14. https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/833396-SRM-GTX3582R-BB-turbo-upgrade/page14

This may sound silly. but I recently did this too mine... I swear my fuel economy has gotten a bit better...?

Anyway, do it if you want to. Just dont stick the "RS4" badge on, and you're good. I find it way more aesthetically pleasing than the normal grill. Just be aware that your crash-bar shows through the grill a bit in certain lights, as its easier to see past the grill. You might want to paint it black so its not that noticeable. I want to paint mine, but I'm too lazy to take the bumper off again.