RS4 grille

Daggerit

Reaction score
Well, saw one one on eBay and decided I needed it. Just a rep and not OEM but it fit perfect and was actually much easier than expected to take the bumper off. :)

A photo of the grille in question...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385927765851299

And the fitting...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385927800258335

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385927812950859

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385927821920691

I'm not a fan of the black rings but couldn't get them off to swap with the chrome so recon I'm gonna plastidip them grey so there's at least a bit of contrast. Apart from that I really like the way it looks!

Oh, and made sure I took the RS4 badge off of it before I fitted it. Don't want my oil burner getting above it's station!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Looks good, is it the same as the black edition but with the audi logo done in black as well?

I guess it would be the same as the black optics for the RS4 if you bought it from Audi. All gloss, thinking about plastidipping the honeycomb as well, not sure yet.

Noo leave the honeycomb black just swap the badge for your chrome one, looks good I'm tempted myself. :)

Reactions: Daggerit
Looks good, is it the same as the black edition but with the audi logo done in black as well?

The black edition isn't honeycomb just the chrome is blacked out and the grill is same as standard just black, the RS4 is honeycomb

Yeah, sorry, you don't get the honey comb from factory unless it's an RS4. Mine had horizontal slats prior to this.

Looks very smart danny. Good Job :thumbsup:

Quality really isn't bad at all! Not quite as solid as I'd imagine the OEM grille would be but still good for sure!

For me, it clipping straight in and fitting right is better than a lot of parts I've bought before that may need 'tweaked'.

daggerit,
that looks canny, i wouldnt touch a thing it looks stealthy imo...

If you happen to be able write a quick guide about how to take the bumper off and install the grille, it would be very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

plenty of guides on the net for front bumper removal
but very easy without

Yeah I heard it's easy, couple along the top, underneath and behind wheel arch

As said there are guides around I'm sure I've seen a few

Well, saw one one on eBay and decided I needed it. Just a rep and not OEM but it fit perfect and was actually much easier than expected to take the bumper off. :)

A photo of the grille in question...

View attachment 24061

And the fitting...

View attachment 24062

View attachment 24063

View attachment 24064

I'm not a fan of the black rings but couldn't get them off to swap with the chrome so recon I'm gonna plastidip them grey so there's at least a bit of contrast. Apart from that I really like the way it looks!

Oh, and made sure I took the RS4 badge off of it before I fitted it. Don't want my oil burner getting above it's station!

Got a link to the one you bought?

I do like the honeycomb RS4 grill on the facelift models but the non facelift only look good on certain colour car in my opinion...

Yeah it's a facelift. :)

I think it looks great, just not sure about the black rings yet...