RS4 Grille

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all.

Well as a lot of you may know, I installed an RS4 style grille to my previous B8.

I’m considering doing the same to my B9. I hate the chrome trim as I have no intention of turning my B9 into an RS4 rep. I just prefer the gloss black mesh style grilles better.
Does anybody know about any issues in removing the bumper on a B9?

I’m sure I read about calibration possibly being required from Audi or something.
The only issue I can foresee is that I have front parking sensors.

Has anybody fitted an aftermarket grille to their B9 yet?

Reactions: Daggerit
I know a few people that have done it and it's apparently not too terrible. I did it myself on my B8.5 and took me a few hours, apparently the setup on the B9 is similar so shouldn't be bad. The feedback I got from someone is that 'it's waaaay easier than an 8V S3' and that it didn't take long overall.

I cant see there being any calibration issues as the only thing in the grille is the parking sensors as you've said. I don't know if the ACC radars are mounted to the bumper or if they'll stay in place once the bumper is removed and then need recalibrated or anything? I hope not because I'm hoping to get a grill later in the year and do this but don't want to have to take it to Audi to sort anything after.

What make are you going for because I have a contract who can sort good quality Chinese versions for about £250 delivered if that's of any interest to you?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
So I've now ordered the RS grill from the Chinese supplier so I'll report back on delivery times and quality once it arrives. Hopefully it should be relatively easy to fit...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
So I've now ordered the RS grill from the Chinese supplier so I'll report back on delivery times and quality once it arrives. Hopefully it should be relatively easy to fit...
Good one! The RS style grille will make a surprising difference to the front. Had a bodyshop install ours, as lack of tools & t-o-o technical for ol' me.
Ours is in full gloss and next time would seriously consider a repaint in semi-gloss before install.
Also, not sure about previous models, but paint black the foam and aluminum bar behind the grille, as it really shows up through the new grille.
We did not use the number plate backing that came with it and found a black backing plate with minimal surround to our slimline white number/letters on black background plate, very much like it.

The first/last part of this PDF should assist:
** https://manuals.goapr.com/Engine_Hardware/Intercoolers/TL100089-B9_A4_Intercooler.pdf

If you change the Audi grille rings, caution, the size on ours is 285mm x 99.5mm (Q7 model), not the normal A4/S4 272mm x 93mm. We purchased a carbon effect version on Ebay, and against the Daytona Gray it looks quite smooth.

So the grille has already arrived from China and seems to be decent quality (although the proof will be in the fitting tomorrow morning...). It came with two sets of rings, one silver and one black, as well as various RS4 badges which I will definitely not be fitting on my S4. Haha. Also included is a front numberplate housing that you can screw on if you require it.

I'll post some before and after photos once it's fitted and let everyone know if I'd recommend it from my supplier as he's significantly cheaper than others I've seen.

Reactions: A12RNX, zippster, Hammerhead and 1 other person
Wrapped the rings (badly) the same colour as the car so there’s no chrome on the car at all now.

82446fec598e1d76f4e998ae376056df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073 and rasA4
Looks v good, you know the next post folk are gonna say..... pics of when fitted to your car when you get a chance!

Is the quattro detail just a sticker?

Definitely if you download the picture and zoom in. Unless its a very very good job in 3d painting...

Do you have a link for where you purchased it from and will it fit a B9 s-line

Thanks

Definitely if you download the picture and zoom in. Unless its a very very good job in 3d painting...

Yeah that would be some good airbrushing!
Definitely looks raised now I’ve looked properly.
Shame, I’d fit one if it didn’t have that. No badges or signs look I proffer.

@ Daggerit errrrr... that grille looks exactly like ours, except our raised lettering is in red. Am sure one can order without lettering.
Our installer had fun mounting the camera lens under the 'OOOO' to the new grille. Very glossy, isn't it.

Final product...

The actual grill is good and fit properly, it was just all the Audi clips and fasteners that took so long to get off. Took about 2.5 hours in total with me and a friend doing the work.

798d2c8fb2e7d53b075bcec9721f887d.jpg

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, zippster, SPIKE_ and 6 others
Looks great mate!

Reactions: A12RNX and Daggerit
Nice I take it, it’s a bumper off job?

Nice I take it, it’s a bumper off job?

Yeah, very much so. It’s really not that bad, just a little fiddly for certain bits. It’s the quantity of bolts you have to remove that make it more time consuming. We did it on a driveway with the front of the car on axle stands, so you don’t need to take it to a shop if you have a little hands on ability.

Ok thanks
Seen this on your other post in case other people want to do this I have a black gloss grill I want to change it to not RS4 type. It just needs a minor repair

Ok thanks
Seen this on your other post in case other people want to do this I have a black gloss grill I want to change it to not RS4 type. It just needs a minor repair
I know it’s a long shot does anyone have a broken s line grill I need 1 chrome strip.

Ours was already on it.

Nice job. :icon thumright: I envy the US states that do not have rego plates.

Me too, it looks far better without the front plate...

Reactions: rasA4
Final product...

The actual grill is good and fit properly, it was just all the Audi clips and fasteners that took so long to get off. Took about 2.5 hours in total with me and a friend doing the work.

798d2c8fb2e7d53b075bcec9721f887d.jpg

Looks great :thumbs up:

Yeah looks good. Where did you get it from? I would have to remove the Quattro badges though.

I have 'a guy' that sources them from China. :) If you want a grill just PM me your number and I'll pass it to him. Price is about $350 if I remember rightly, and that's delivered to you UPS and mine took like three days.

The Quattro badges come not attached and you can just stick them on yourself (or not). I started without them but thought I'd try them on and decided I don't mind the look for now.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Really useful thread folks.

Has anyone got any pictures of this mod to a Navarra S4.

I’ve found one image on FB but not much else. Really keen on doing this as soon as the car arrives, honeycomb with S4 badge and also retaining the chrome around the outside so I’d be very keen on ordering through your mate @Daggerit.

Really useful thread folks.

Has anyone got any pictures of this mod to a Navarra S4.

I’ve found one image on FB but not much else. Really keen on doing this as soon as the car arrives, honeycomb with S4 badge and also retaining the chrome around the outside so I’d be very keen on ordering through your mate @Daggerit.

No worries, PM me and I’ll send you his number when you’re ready.

Brilliant thanks.

Great wheel and Caliper combo.

I will soon have the same. Are your tints factory or AM?

Thanks! Yeah the tints were just factory, I hadn’t got any extra done or anything.

@Daggerit - I dont suppose he can do the same grille with the silver surround and the camera mount?

@ Daggerit errrrr... that grille looks exactly like ours, except our raised lettering is in red. Am sure one can order without lettering.
Our installer had fun mounting the camera lens under the 'OOOO' to the new grille. Very glossy, isn't it.

Hey @SMI77, was your camera OEM or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket do you know where I could grab one? Thanks!

Hey @SMI77, was your camera OEM or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket do you know where I could grab one? Thanks!

I’m pretty sure he said in this or another thread that they are standard in Aus but only there!