RS4 owner from the dark side

Craig_RS

Reaction score
Hello all

Just taken delivery of a 2015 (64) RS4

Wanted something fast and needed 4WD and dog friendliness. I love Audi and my budget was around 30-40k.

Had BMW M cars most recently although years ago my first car was an A3, second car was an A3, and third car was an S3.

Although the BMW’s I’ve had are often described as better drivers cars, I drive on damp roads most of the year, not dry racing circuits, and so I actually think the RS4 is going to be a much better “drivers car” for me.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved on here!

Reactions: NevMan, Sandra, THQuattro and 1 other person
Welcome to the Forum Craig.

Post up some pictures of your RS :racer:

Reactions: Craig_RS and Audi Bairn
Hello all

Just taken delivery of a 2015 (64) RS4

Wanted something fast and needed 4WD and dog friendliness. I love Audi and my budget was around 30-40k.

Had BMW M cars most recently although years ago my first car was an A3, second car was an A3, and third car was an S3.

Although the BMW’s I’ve had are often described as better drivers cars, I drive on damp roads most of the year, not dry racing circuits, and so I actually think the RS4 is going to be a much better “drivers car” for me.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved on here!
Welcome Craig!
Another Scot too :thumbs up:

Looking forward to seeing pics mate.

Reactions: Craig_RS
Thanks guys

It's a poverty spec car, no heated seats, no keyless, standard audio, but I'm not really bothered by any of that and plan to keep it long term - if anything really annoys me I'll just have it retrofitted. Would maybe consider adding a reversing camera, definitely not required but a nice to have.

The main issue with the car is that it has the brake judder issue. I felt it right away as soon as I started driving it. Haven't had the chance to bring this up with the dealer yet but I will tomorrow.

Here's a couple of pics from the dealers:

Df64zfm 1^1500x1001^
Df64zfm 5^780x520^

Reactions: simonali, Charlie Farley, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 9 others
Evening Craig, welcome to audi-sport.net from another Scot. Lovely car. Enjoy the forum :)

Very nice car, Brake judder issue may just be pad pick up on the discs. Pad material transfers itself to the disc surface, if the brakes have been worked hard and you were to pull up and put the hand brake on or sit stationary with the brakes on for a few seconds, this can cause a block of resin from the pads to be deposited in one place . You can sometimes see the outlines of the pad on the brake disc surface.

Very nice car, Brake judder issue may just be pad pick up on the discs. Pad material transfers itself to the disc surface, if the brakes have been worked hard and you were to pull up and put the hand brake on or sit stationary with the brakes on for a few seconds, this can cause a block of resin from the pads to be deposited in one place . You can sometimes see the outlines of the pad on the brake disc surface.

Could be. And hopefully it is just that!

I will have a good look at the discs later today and see if I can find any sign of this.

I appreciate the help :thumbs up:

cracking cracking colour @Craig_RS . Get the dealer to sort discs/pads and you are good to go :icon thumright: