Rs4 rear sway bar

DaveA41.8T

Reaction score
I know there few thread asking about quotes etc but I can't seem to find anyone discussing the implications of putting on an 1ba (standard) system over 1be (sport shock) system ?

States that's it's suitable for 1be when searching the part but is that just recommendation or do I need to upgrade to oem sports shock absorption before have one fitted?

Any and all advice welcome thanks.

You can fit it to standard suspension, no bother.

Ok brilliant soon to be done :) Does it stress the springs or shocks though or am I just being over cautious?

Also because in a old thread stalker I saw you have done the Cupra r front splitter mod which I current have ready to add do you have any advice pre afixing and also what size screws did you us I have got 6 gauge 1/2 inch stainless steel ones will they work? Know this is off topic but thought is grab you ha :)

The anti roll bar won't cause any problems to the springs or shocks. I can't remember what gauge the screws were that I used to fit the splitter. They're about 1/2 or maybe 3/4 inch long, that's about all I can remember.

The anti roll bar won't cause any problems to the springs or shocks. I can't remember what gauge the screws were that I used to fit the splitter. They're about 1/2 or maybe 3/4 inch long, that's about all I can remember.

Okay hopefully they will be long enough :) thought I was gunna start tomorrow but being Mother's Day doubt I'm gunna get away with that... :/ not without to much ear ache anyways..

Okay brilliant think I'll be ordering that soon then? Did you install it yourself was it much hassle any tips ?

I'm the last person to ask for fitting tips. I'm useless. Do a search; there's loads of info.

I'm the last person to ask for fitting tips. I'm useless. Do a search; there's loads of info.

Ha! Okay fair enough yeah I haven't had a look into the fitting of the sway bar yet as wasn't sure if was option for me yet :) as for splitter doesn't look likely for install today so gunna be fortnight from now before starting. Cheers for help.