RS4 Vs S4 suspension?

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
How different were the RS4 shocks and springs compared to those on the S4 (poundage/design/ride-height etc etc)?

Cheers :beerchug:

Are you considering using them on your S4? Do you know if the package will physically fit? From what i've read, the RS4 has different front knuckles so may use a different damper design.

Either way, to answer your question.. Dampers and springs are specially designed for every car.. as soon as you change it, or put it on something else, it will technically be 'wrong'.. Eg, the unsprung weight will most likely change, affecting the wheel frequency, which ultimately means the damp/rebound/spring shock absorber package won't be as good as it could be..

There are plenty of S4's running RS4 suspension without issue lol

All academic now anyway as I got pickled in the garden and clean forgot about the end of the Ebay auction :wacko::beerchug:

Not recommended anyway unless your existing S4 suspension is broken/very tired and
you can get the RS4 setup for a song.

most decent coilover from aftermarket suppliers list one fitment for S4/RS4.
KW certainly do.
I would be wary of buying any used shocks if that is what you are thinking.
I sold my quattro sport shocks and springs for £25! noone wanted them

^^^ Agreed.

I'd never install used dampers, springs, probably.

I fitted craigs old S4 dampers to the front of ours.

I figured 85k old S4 dampers would be better than 175k 1.8T dampers (yep they were the originals!), and seen as i had it all apart it made sense to simply drop them in.