RS5 B9 - Matrix Leds

Syed Shah

Cars are a mans best friend, then dogs..
Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m in the hunt for my next car, of which I really like the sound of a RS5/RS4 (B9) to replace my outgoing BMW 640d GC.

My current 640d has Adaptive LEDS and after almost 3 years of using them, I’ve decided that my next car MUST have adaptive LEDS.

I have seen a lot of RS5s with Audi Matrix LEDS in the description but just wondered how you would know if a RS5 does have them? Its obvious on the RS4, but just wondered how you’d know on the RS5? Does the light stalk have a button that needs to be pressed on the top end of it? Because a LOT of them on Auto Trader do not have that but the description shows it as having Matrix.. Some I’ve seen do have that button..

Would appreciate some clarification around this

Reactions: V6 Quatt
There is a previous thread in this - have attached the link below

inside the car there is no difference between the led and matrix led lights- both are operated via the left hand stalk. No sure what button you are referring other than the one on the end of this stalk which is used to activate active lane assist.

There is a previous thread in this - have attached the link below

inside the car there is no difference between the led and matrix led lights- both are operated via the left hand stalk. No sure what button you are referring other than the one on the end of this stalk which is used to activate active lane assist.

thanks for getting back.

the button i refer to is attached.. its on the light stalk

Attachments

• EA3C98C6-0AE5-4CC5-A290-5D2AF70B2FEF.png
    EA3C98C6-0AE5-4CC5-A290-5D2AF70B2FEF.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 170
That’s the button to turning ALA o and off

The matrix light itself looks like it has a grid of fingerprints on it so quite distinctive. If I can find a pic I will post it up.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk