rs6 c6

stevegarrard

Reaction score
hi ,
I`m thinking of buying an `09 C6 RS6 V10 can anyone help with buying tips and or issues to look at?
cheers

Bought one last November and it's definitely living up to the "dream car" tag I'd given it in my head.
I specifically wanted the saloon model and they're very scarce.

Be patient and prepared to travel to get the right one with the right mileage, I did and got a 2009 model with less than 15k on the clock.
Choose your dealer carefully too, if they're not prepared to include a full warranty ask yourself "why not?".
Be prepared for high running costs.............
300 motorway miles to a tank of fuel
£500 road tax
Just paid £1000 for front pads and discs.

But...............if you can afford to buy it I assume you can afford to run it.
Enjoy, you wont regret it, awesome car.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and V6 Quatt
Bought one last November and it's definitely living up to the "dream car" tag I'd given it in my head.
I specifically wanted the saloon model and they're very scarce.

Be patient and prepared to travel to get the right one with the right mileage, I did and got a 2009 model with less than 15k on the clock.
Choose your dealer carefully too, if they're not prepared to include a full warranty ask yourself "why not?".
Be prepared for high running costs.............
300 motorway miles to a tank of fuel
£500 road tax
Just paid £1000 for front pads and discs.

But...............if you can afford to buy it I assume you can afford to run it.
Enjoy, you wont regret it, awesome car.

In terms of costs add Tyres, its a heavy powerful car. Circa 300 a corner on 20".

DRC seems not to be an issue, as with C5.

The oil seal/ gasket on the sump is a 10p pc that requires a full engine removal circa £'000's to deal with.

Thats all I can think of

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hi there,I second realy what has already been said,they are an awsome car,but come with big bills :( £500 tax,£300 per tyre,I paid £700 for a big service inc plugs. Audi will also tell u that the gearbox oil does not need changing but we all know it does,even my Audi service book says 18k I have been quoted £450 to have it changed inc filter. I got a year warranty with mine and I have renewed it at £1322!! I had the oil seal go on the oil pump seal and it was engine out so just that job alone would have been double the warranty money. Lovley car,great to drive,I love mine to bits :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and V6 Quatt